Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

All about Kolm Engines

Old 05-18-2020, 04:37 AM
flygono
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Tom for the information but before sending the engine I noticed that the rear cylinder spark plug is not firing. I exchanged the spark plug an it's not the culprit. It's either the Electronic ignition module or the cable/spark plug boot.
Does any one know how how to tell where the problem is?
If not where can I get a new ignition module? I did a Google search for Gunter Muller ignition but could not find it.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:37 AM
sipixx

Default Ignition

Originally Posted by flygono View Post
Thanks Tom for the information but before sending the engine I noticed that the rear cylinder spark plug is not firing. I exchanged the spark plug an it's not the culprit. It's either the Electronic ignition module or the cable/spark plug boot.
If not where can I get a new ignition module? I did a Google search for Gunter Muller ignition but could not find it.
you can get the ignition from Radio City RC

radiocityrc.com
thank you
Old 05-18-2020, 09:30 PM
Ixtrim

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flygono View Post

if your ignition has the Müller sing, it’s pretty old. Kolm bought the ignitions and modified the Lay-out inside. You can send your ignition to Simon. Maybe he is able to repair it. If not , he will order a new one for you.
please send also the sensor cable.

Tom
Old 05-30-2020, 11:00 AM
rbgetz

Hi All,

My IL230 started dropping throttle every 2-5 seconds. example: if at half power the RPM's are fine then all of a sudden it will drop to idle for a second and then surge back to the throttle position I have. It does this at idle, mid-power and full throttle. Could this be a timing issue? The Haul sensor is still nice and tight. doesn't look to have moved. Or is this an ignition issue? Anyone seen this? I also noticed the RMP indicator dropping off line so often to zero and then coming back.. I'm starting to think I have a bad ignition module??? Thanks Rob
Old 05-30-2020, 11:21 AM
sipixx

Default il230

Sounds like it could be an ignition problem. But have you checked all the obvious possible fuel scenarios? Loose klunk, split fuel line, intermittent fuel pump, blocked fuel vent? is your system using a fuel pump or are you running a pressurized fuel system?
If you cover all of these scenarios and still have a problem send your ignition to Radio City RC for repair / replacement.

Simon
Old 05-30-2020, 12:47 PM
rbgetz

Thanks Simon., Yes, I run a fuel pump. not the pump. Just set it back on the bench and going to look at ignition wiring is loose anywhere and will look through the fuel system as well. If not, then I'll be reaching out to Radio City.

Rob
The following users liked this post:
sipixx (05-30-2020)
Old 05-30-2020, 12:57 PM
rbgetz

Do you have the web address for them?
Old 05-30-2020, 01:41 PM
sipixx

Default Radio City RC

www.radiocityrc.com