Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Zenoah 80 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 08:19 AM
jwrich
My Feedback: (17)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Question Zenoah 80 Questions

I have a Zenoah 80 that I will mount on a 1/3 scale Sopwith Pup and I have a few questions. The has an engine mount & spring starter and the Carb is in the rear. I had to Drill a hole in the the firewall to mount the engine. The is very close to the firewall, will this be a problem? Linkages for choke & throttle is also close to the firewall. Does anyone have pictures of this engine mounted on the firewall? I have marked & mounted the engine. It would help if I could see how other have mounted their engines.

Also what Prop do you run on the 1/3 Pup with this engine, what size fuel tank will I need?

Any information on this engine would help.

Thanks
Rich
Old 11-14-2017, 11:19 AM
Pelle Gris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a GT-80 on a BUSA 1:3 Super Cub. At the moment I have a Fiala 26x10 propeller mounted, but have also flown with a Fiala 28x8 cut down to 27". Both props spin around 6K and provides tons of power for a 46lb floater. The cut down 28" ripped like crazy though which is the reason I switched to the 26x10.
If running a higher loading prop, like Menz, I would try a 26x8.

I have a 500ml (16,9 fl/oz) tank mounted which is enough for a 15-20 minutes flight at low throttle settings.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:35 AM
jwrich
My Feedback: (17)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for your response,Tinus, it helps. I would like to see pictures of engine mounted..
Thanks
Rich