Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE 20 trh. spring

Old 04-15-2019, 10:41 AM
Stick 40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DLE 20 thr. spring

I bought a Ultra stick lite , with a DLE 20 on it. The DLE never ran very well.I just put a new Carb. On it and it is running great.But I notice , there is a spring on the THR, arm on both carbs. I would like to disable the spring to cut down on battery draw. Just wondering if that will cause a problem?

Last edited by Stick 40; 04-15-2019 at 11:12 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-09-2019, 11:47 AM
PedroM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same question and was doing some research about it.

The opinions are divided! Some will disconnect, some won't.

However, its unanimous that even if you disconnect the spring you should not remove it since one of the reasons its is there is to prevent vibration and lateral movement of the carburetor butterfly.

Reading these forums, I will leave it on and put a decent servo for the throttle.

The best answer I found in another forum was as follows:

"Do leave the spring on and connected . As already said should the linkage fail then it a fail safe to idle or engine stop . If its removed or disconnected then the butterfly can vibrate causing the spindle to wear in turn causing air air leaks and poor idle . Never had any problems with servos handling the spring pressure either ,just use a decent servo and not mini servo as the vibes will kill the gears in no time ."

Cheers