Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Question: GT17 17cc Two-Stroke Engine from NGH - NGH-GT17

Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Question: GT17 17cc Two-Stroke Engine from NGH - NGH-GT17

Old 05-04-2021, 04:11 AM
Hakchuma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question: GT17 17cc Two-Stroke Engine from NGH - NGH-GT17

Hi. Is the engine below too large for a SIG 64 Four star plane? I already purchased the engine and awaiting shipment and now I'm starting to wonder if It will be too large. This is my third plane and I still consider myself below average pilot time.

GT17 17cc Two-Stroke Engine from NGH - NGH-GT17

Old 08-19-2022, 08:27 PM
Oldsalt1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I built a couple of 4*60s from kits and put a Magnum 1.20 4S on them and they worked great. Of course I hacked the heck out of the kit, flatening the wings, building up the ailerons, elevator and rudders larger. The 17cc engine weighs about 1.9 pounds, which is a little heavier than the 1.20 glow. The 17cc gas might be a little less power than the 1.20 glow, but should still overpower your plane satisfactorily. Sorry someone didn't respond to your post sooner. Let us know how it workded out for you. I am currently looking at putting a 17cc NGH on an Excapade .60 ARF. My other options are a 20cc DLE or OS .65AX depending on balance issures.

Last edited by Oldsalt1; 08-19-2022 at 08:30 PM. Reason: add info