Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Current Brison Repair?

Old 07-14-2021, 07:39 AM
bert_sparrow
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Current Brison Repair?

Hi - I recently got a Brison 3.2 from a friend's family, and he had dementia for the last 12 years and didn't fly. In his shop he had a like-new Brison in a box and it looks like he never had it on anything. It had a CH ignition. I realize neither of those companies are in business anymore. I pulled the carb apart expecting goo and crud and there was nothing. Not even on the little interior filter. Doesn't look like it ever ran, except a small bit of grime on the exhaust, very little. I oiled up the inner diaphragms that looked to still be in good shape and tried to fire it up. I sprayed starter fluid in the carb and it fired up but only for a second. Long story short is it will only run as long as it takes to burn the prime and that's with both screws open more than 2 turns. I tried all kinds of screw opening combos and it will not stay running. It's a blue head with mechanical advance. It just will not draw fuel (Walbro Carb). So the carb is clean, the diaphragms in good shape and the ignition fires but won't stay running more than the prime. Any suggestions?

Secondly, when I search who might do Brison engine repair, most of what I see was posted in 2007 or so. Does anyone who might currently do repair on a Brison engine? I see 13 year-old references to BJ's Model Engine service, though that website doesn't work, as well as Kangke or Cimmaster? Anyone know anything? Thanks.
Old 07-14-2021, 01:45 PM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do a search for Aeroscott

Old 07-14-2021, 05:28 PM
pkoury
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still in business: https://ch-ignitions.com/ Check with him on the running issue also, sounds to me like a carb kit is needed and then make sure everything is reassembled correctly.
Old 07-14-2021, 05:41 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bert_sparrow View Post
Hi - I recently got a Brison 3.2 from a friend's family, and he had dementia for the last 12 years and didn't fly. In his shop he had a like-new Brison in a box and it looks like he never had it on anything. It had a CH ignition. I realize neither of those companies are in business anymore. I pulled the carb apart expecting goo and crud and there was nothing. Not even on the little interior filter. Doesn't look like it ever ran, except a small bit of grime on the exhaust, very little. I oiled up the inner diaphragms that looked to still be in good shape and tried to fire it up. I sprayed starter fluid in the carb and it fired up but only for a second. Long story short is it will only run as long as it takes to burn the prime and that's with both screws open more than 2 turns. I tried all kinds of screw opening combos and it will not stay running. It's a blue head with mechanical advance. It just will not draw fuel (Walbro Carb). So the carb is clean, the diaphragms in good shape and the ignition fires but won't stay running more than the prime. Any suggestions?

Secondly, when I search who might do Brison engine repair, most of what I see was posted in 2007 or so. Does anyone who might currently do repair on a Brison engine? I see 13 year-old references to BJ's Model Engine service, though that website doesn't work, as well as Kangke or Cimmaster? Anyone know anything? Thanks.
As far as I know Cimmaster is the latest owner of the Brison line of engines. I have several of the engines and have upgraded the ignition through Cimmaster to electronic advance and I also have two of his Revolution engines. Last contact info I have is
Arthur Leung
1070 Midway Blvd. No.4-14
Mississauga Ontario
Canada L5T 1T4
Tel 905-564-3099
Cell 416-605-1489
Email [email protected]

hope this helps
Old 07-17-2021, 10:19 AM
bert_sparrow

Will do, thanks!
Old 07-17-2021, 10:19 AM
bert_sparrow

WOW, CH Ig is still in business? I didn't think so! Thank you
Old 07-17-2021, 10:20 AM
bert_sparrow

Good to know about Cimmaster, thank you!