Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Saito FG90R3 Fuel question AV GAS?

Old 10-10-2021, 02:36 AM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Saito FG90R3 Fuel question AV GAS?

Hello Fellas, recently picked up a lightly used FG90, nice clean engine even seen a video of it flying, but Not sure what fuel he was running, My question is in regards to fuel, I know that I will be running a mix of probably 17:1 (17:1 splits the difference of what everyone says of 15-20%) I will be using Klotz KL-200 oil as that is what saito recommends as their first choice. But as far as the fuel goes I have questions, from what I read it needs to be high octane Ethanol free fuel, I have been running 100ll aviation fuel for quite some time in all my 2 strokes from 30cc to 157cc with great results plus the fuel has a stable long shelf life and is easy for me to get. I dont believe the engine needs such a high octane and understand the least octane required to prevent detonation is optimal. But I am curious about thoughts on the 100LL in my saito? I know there are maybe 2 stations in town that sell Ethanol free fuel, maybe have premium to be honest I have never looked. I know what prop to use to be sure not to over rev it, and to keep it on the rich side to keep it cool, I want to do everything I can to help it live a long healthy life, and fuel is important so I want to get all the info I can..
Any advice / Experience would be appreciated
Thanks
Old 10-13-2021, 12:33 AM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Just as an update for any who may be reading this post later on in time ,, I contacted Morris Mini Motors in England, they are some Saito radial experts and asked them this question. The answer I received was yes it is fine, he stated if it was easy for him to get thats all they would use. So,, I will be running 100LL as that's what I run in all my 2 strokes and it performs flawlessly.