Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

ZDZ 210 twin inline gas engine

Old 11-06-2021, 10:01 AM
BirdDog1E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ZDZ 210 twin inline gas engine

Hello Guys.
Sorry me for my english. I'm writing from Italy.
Some time ago I bought one ZDZ 210cc twin cylinders inline engine, with two carburettors, therefore it powered by an electronic ignition unit that serve two spark plugs.
It's the second attempt I make to test my new model, but the engine drops idle in rpm, a few seconds after take-off when it's at maximum of speed. Does not turn off. It remains on, but at idle rpm.
I was been very lucky, because I'm was able to landing both time, but in this way, with the model setting so, I'm bit scared to take off to test the model once again.
It can't be the fuel supply by the tank, otherwise the engine would shut down. I dont' understand, if it's a factor of overheating of the cylinders or of the power supply voltage of the control unit.
I built a Venturi system for cooling the two cylinders especially for the rear one insine the cowling.
I use a 2-cell 3000mAh LiPo battery connected directly to the ignition unit without a regulator.
Maybe the power supply voltage is too high because, when the LiPo battery is fully charged it delivers over 8Volts and the igniction unit is for 4.8 / 7Volts max?
Do you think does the ignition system have an electric overwarm protection, so it put the engine at idle?
Another question.
The ECU advance sensor, was not mounted on the propeller hub, at the moment I opened the box of the engine. It was disconneted from the hub , and in a plastic bag together the igniction unit.
I have positioned it all in advance because it gives the maximum power.
I have no an instructions manual about it. ZDZ didn't attach any istruction manual.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
I wrote to the ZDZ several times, but they never got back to me.
I know that maybe can a lot of causes, but that the engine does not turn off. It remains on, but at idle rpm, does not seem to all a strange thing. I have controlled my Jeti DS14 II transmitter if there was a throttle failsafe but it's all right.
Please have you any idea to advice me?
Many thanks
Old 11-06-2021, 12:15 PM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the same engine, i would try a lower voltage battery. I run a 6.6 LIFE. Are you sure its not lean? How does it run on the ground? Try turning out your needles.

Last edited by Mpizpilot; 11-06-2021 at 12:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BirdDog1E (12-06-2021)
Old 11-06-2021, 03:51 PM
BirdDog1E

Default ZDZ 210 twin inline gas engine

It's one of the first things I thought of doing, to turn down the voltage. A friend advised me to put a stabilized regulator at 5.5Volts. Your engine Has never given you any problems, even about overheating of the cylinders?
Anyways it does not seem strange to you to stay at a minimum rpm without it switch off. If it were a fat or lean fuel problem, the engine would grumble at some point and it would have a hard time staying on. On the ground it is perfect. I use a Xoar 36x10 laminated two-blade prop and it gives me 22 kg to the dynamometer, at 5800 rpm. It doesn't look bad to me. How is your advance sensor? How did you find the right point?
Old 11-07-2021, 04:39 AM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Heres a pdf manual. My engine has a mark showing position of sensor. Are you saying that yours drops to idle and you cant open the throttle back up? If so, does it die or bog down?

INSTRUCTIONS ENG rev04062019mj.pdf
The following users liked this post:
BirdDog1E (11-30-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 03:42 PM
BirdDog1E

Many thanks
Old 12-06-2021, 03:03 PM
BirdDog1E

Originally Posted by Mpizpilot View Post
I have the same engine, i would try a lower voltage battery. I run a 6.6 LIFE. Are you sure its not lean? How does it run on the ground? Try turning out your needles.
Dear friend, please, can you send me a picture of your ignition unit you have connected to the engine or tell me the its brand? Mine is Chinese made, instead I read in the ZDZ website that, they should use the Falkon unit.
For you, connected one or the other of the two wire on the spark plugs is indifferent or they have a sequence of position?
Many thanks