Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

ZDZ 210 twin inline gas engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 04:03 AM
BirdDog1E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZDZ 210 twin inline gas engine

Hi guys
I have a ZDZ 210 twin inline gas engine, with two carburettors.
I am interested to know if there is anyone who has mounted the same engine on his model and how he has arranged the fuel supply to the two carburetors. my engine is mounted on the model with the two cylinders upside toward down and I made a single collector for both cylinder exhausts which then goes to the exhaust muffler. I fitted a single tank with a Y split to power both carburetors. I don't know if this type of sytem is wrong, but at maximum acceleration after 30/40 seconds I hear like a burst and only one cylinder goes but the engine does not stop. it idles and no longer accelerates.
If I wait a few minutes and restart the engine, the engine restarts well but at most it continues to give me the same problem. by chance I have to mount two separate tanks, one for each cylinder and then do a carburetion first on one and then on the other? Anyway Is it possible also an electronic problem?
Someone kindly can give me an idea of ​​how to arrange the power supply system, perhaps with a diagram drawn.
Many thanks for any advice you can give me.
Old 02-07-2022, 11:10 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Humm, I got the same motor, I ran a single line with a Y connector, but I did make sure I used the largest fuel line I could get. I would try 2 pick up lines from the same fuel tank, please let us all know if it helps, and what prop you using..

Thanks Mike
Old 02-08-2022, 02:51 PM
BirdDog1E

Hi Mike,
Tell me if I understand correctly.
You suggest me to exit directly from the tank with two separate fuel tubes, with sufficiently large internal diameters?
But what internal diameter do you suggest?
Then the two carburetors must have a different setting from each other?
Old 02-08-2022, 08:00 PM
mikes68charger

On my DLE222 which has 2 carbs. I did as you 1 fuel line with a Y with no issues. But I use 6 festo fuel hose. It's bigger than the yellow line and can't be stuck in as Its designed for jets that move way more fuel.

Or just add another fuel pickup with clunk to each carb.

Yes each carb will be tuned slightly different, the rear carb will need to be a tad richer as the rear head run hotter
Old 02-09-2022, 10:33 AM
BirdDog1E

Hello Mike,
But, had you told me that you got used the same engine?
DLE 222 has two sensors connected to the propeller hub by the ignition unit, while mine has a single sensor with two magnetic points for the advance at the top dead center of each cylinder. I think the matter is a little more complicated.
Anyway, I fitted a 0.60 Gal. tank into the model, and today I found a 0.16in inner diameter gasoline hose and bought it from a motorcycle parts shop. They told me it's also used for 500cc two-stroke engines.
You asked me what prop I'm using. I mounted a Xoar prop 36x10 wood laminated.
Many thanks for your advices
Old 02-09-2022, 07:29 PM
mikes68charger

You can see the clear 6mm jet fuel line. I ran 2 lines directly to tank no Y
Old 02-10-2022, 03:05 PM
BirdDog1E

This is my model. DEWOITINE D.501 I'm following your advices about fitting fuel lines. I hope finally to see it running well. Thank you so much
Old 02-10-2022, 05:12 PM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes68charger

You can see the clear 6mm jet fuel line. I ran 2 lines directly to tank no Y
looks great, what size tank you running? I’ve got the same motor to go in a Bates P-40. Havent started building yet because i cant get retracts or muffler.
Old 02-11-2022, 02:45 AM
BirdDog1E

Hi,
about the retracts of P-40 I'll leave you a name. I don't know if you know them: WABO RETRACTS Home - TS-Modelltechnik
From them I found the ones for my Focke Wulf A8 scale 1: 4
The muffler and collector of this engine are difficult to find them. For my model, I built them in aluminum, first making a Cad drawing.