Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Carb settings for a RCGF 10 cc has engine

Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Carb settings for a RCGF 10 cc has engine

Old 09-05-2022, 10:45 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Carb settings for a RCGF 10 cc has engine

I put a RGCF Stinger 10cc gas engine in a Sig T-Clips and I am having difficulty with the carb setting for the idle. I can get it to turn up with a Xoor 13x7, to over 7K rpm but the idle...well it seems ok on the ground, but will not maintain an idle. It will idle ok in the beginning of the run, but in time quit on me at a low idle-every time I go to land the model. What are the nominal turns for the carb...to start with in tuning the engine. I bottom them out...then how many turns out to begin the set up for running the engine.

Any help will be appreciated...

Soft Landings Always,
Bob Paris
Old 09-06-2022, 06:12 AM
kmeyers

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I should not write in this thread.....,but, I don't own a gasser smaller then a 20cc.
10cc = .60 ci All my old glow 60's spun a 12 x 6 prop to 12,000 rpm. Gassers run slower then our old glows but 7000?
I think you have the wrong prop.
Too large a prop requires a very rich high end setting, making idle performance harder. I would think the carb is made for a different load.

Last edited by kmeyers; 09-06-2022 at 08:01 AM.
Old 09-06-2022, 06:34 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 248 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Paris View Post
I put a RGCF Stinger 10cc gas engine in a Sig T-Clips and I am having difficulty with the carb setting for the idle. I can get it to turn up with a Xoor 13x7, to over 7K rpm but the idle...well it seems ok on the ground, but will not maintain an idle. It will idle ok in the beginning of the run, but in time quit on me at a low idle-every time I go to land the model. What are the nominal turns for the carb...to start with in tuning the engine. I bottom them out...then how many turns out to begin the set up for running the engine.

Any help will be appreciated...

Soft Landings Always,
Bob Paris
It should run on 1.5 turns on each. Sounds lean on the low end but the actual tuning depends on weather, the fuel you're using, among other things.
Old 09-07-2022, 09:56 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Here are the specks on the RGCF Stinger engine:

RCGF 10cc RE -Stinger
Technical Details:
Type : 2 cycle piston valve type gasoline engine for airplane
Displacement (cc) : 10cc (.61 cu in)
Bore x Stroke (mm): 1.08 in (27.6mm)*0.67 in (17mm)
Carburetor : Walbro
Ignition : DC-CDI (Computer Controlled auto advance, electronic ignition system)
Power supply: 6-14V(Rcexl)
SPARK PLUG: NGK-CM6
Maximum Output : 1.9 hp @ 15000rpm
Requires: Gasoline, 2-cycle oil, ignition battery & propeller
speed rang : 1800-15000rpm
Gasoline-Version : Pre-mixed Fuel, 25-40 (Gasoline):1 (recommended : 30:1) (90% high otcane unleaded gasoline, Import gas into carbon fiber installations valves)
Lubrication Oil : 2 cycle engine oil
Propeller : 13*7 9800 rpm; 14*6 9000rpm (Standard Two leafs prop)
recommended props :13 x 6, 14 x6,13X8,13X7

I'm using a 13x7 Xoor prop and it is within spec for this engine...I will reset both needle valves to 1-1/2 turns out and try it again. This is not a glow engine and gas engines do not turn up as much glow. It pulls hard with the Xoor prop and takes this 8# plane near vertical...winds permitting...I will fly again tomorrow.

Thanks for your help,
Bob Paris

Last edited by Bob Paris; 09-07-2022 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-08-2022, 05:41 AM
tedsander

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

I would suggest this thread from Flying Giants, on how to set the needles on a gasser. https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...read.php?t=427
The basic "how to" is in the first post, with much discussion and detail following, that may or may not help. Deep in the thread are notes from the guy who says he originally published "how to" and had it "borrowed", with more detailed information.

Helps a lot if you can get at the needles safely when running, or be prepared for lots of starting and stopping as you sneak up on the optimal settings. Being a gasser, it is very unlikely you will have to touch them again, unless you make big changes to the setup (prop, etc.)