Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

help with Zenoah and spinner

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2002, 05:23 AM
w0mbat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with Zenoah and spinner

I have a G-38, G-45 and G-62 and I can't find a bolt long enough to attach a spinner on each engine. Does anyone make an adapter for the prop nut - to extend it out so the spinner bolt will reach?

Thanks
Old 04-28-2002, 08:18 AM
RCLIVIN
My Feedback: (46)

hey wombat:
i went to a bolt company in a town near where i live & they had exactly what i was looking for, it was called a&l bolt
Old 04-28-2002, 09:44 AM
Lee Belew
My Feedback: (2)

Default Prop bolt for G-62

These engines do not actually have a prop nut that needs an adapter but instead a prop bolt that is drilled and threaded to accept a a crew. I am not sure the length of the screw or the # of threads per inch. Is your prop bolt drilled and threaded through the head?

Lee
Old 04-28-2002, 12:14 PM
Vince

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the prop bolt drilled for the proper screw that you need, that is the best way to do it, no need for an adapter.

Vince
Old 04-28-2002, 01:03 PM
w0mbat

The problem I have is that the bolt that comes with the spinner is too short and wont reach the prop bolt. I can't find a bolt that is long enough and still fit through the hole in the end of the spinner.

The bolt that comes with the spinner is 2-3/4" long. It would need to be almost 5" long in order for it to reach the hole in the prop nut. I think it is 8-32 - I can't find a 5" 8-32 bolt anywhere.
Old 04-28-2002, 10:18 PM
Lee Belew
My Feedback: (2)

Default Prop bolt for G-62

I thought I would give you a little insight with my experience with my G-62. I Bought a Bennet G-62. It came with a prop bolt that was 1.5 ins long. Drilled and tapped for 8x32 thread I did not measure the actual thread. When I was ready to install a spinner I ran into your problem. I ordered a longer prop bolt drilled and tapped with a matching hex screw. The bolt I received was 2 ins. long and had a thread size of 10x32.The screw to match is 3 ins long. A few months later I purchased a G-45 From Indy RC I think. It came with a 1.5 inch long prop bolt. Drilled and tapped for a metric screw to hold the spinner on. No metric screw included. Some period of time has passed included a new daughter She is now 5 and I just signed up for social security. I am finally getting around to building the plane for the G-62 and the G-45. I would say that is a little slow. all my friends call me a collector instead of a builder. And to some degree they heve been correct. One interesting thing in my modeling changed. I purchased a ShopTask Mill/Lathe combination. Now I can make anything I need in the way of prop bolts and spinned adapter. Sure is nice having it my way.
Just thought you and some of the other guys would enjoy this story.
If I can help you with your problem let me know.
Lee Belew
Old 04-29-2002, 01:09 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Long Bolt

Use threaded rod and a cap nut to hold spinner on. May have to drill and tap the prop bolt to size of threaded rod. Just a Idea! John