Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

RCS140

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 09:59 AM
rhshel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCS140

The RCS140 is a powerful engine for its size. It takes care for break in but comes through. However I can't say much for their ignitions. The first quit after a month of running. I bought a second to replace it. Cost about $100. It quit too after a month.
GREAT ENGINE BAD IGNITIONS! With luck, the last new ignition would spark about every fourth turn.[>:]
Old 09-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCS140

Roger, Roger, Roger....Drive over to Dave's and get a DA spark plug cap and screw it on the end of the spark plug wire....Instant fix The one that's on there has a lousy ground...And you won't need a hose clamp to keep it on..[8D]
I just did one just like yours and drilled a new pulse port from the inside, routed a passageway in the carb body for the pulse...Works great, no more pulse leak from the bent aluminum piece under the carb......Come on up to Chino valley this Saturday, IMAA meet....
Old 09-22-2004, 11:13 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RCS140

ORIGINAL: rhshel

I can't say much for their ignitions. The first quit after a month of running. I bought a second to replace it. Cost about $100. It quit too after a month.
Does RCS know about this problem? If yes, have they taken steps to resolve it?