Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

FUJI ENGINES,FALSE CLAIMS

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 10:18 AM
3dd
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FUJI ENGINES,FALSE CLAIMS

WELL AFTER THREE YEARS AND TWO ENGINES SENT BACK FOR SERVICE I AM FINALLY AND COMPLETLY DONE WITH FUJI GAS ENGINES.I HAVE NEVER HAD A ENGINE THAT WAS SO FAR OFF FROM ADVERTISED CLAIMS OF POWER AND RPM SPECS AS THESE CHEAP ENGINES..........,GUESS I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.FOR MY MONEY I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER ENGINE UNLESS IT COMES OUT OF BOBBYS SHOP AT CACTUS AVIATION.JUST MY TWO CENTS SAYS DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE CHEAP STUFF,BUY GOOD AND FLY HAPPY.THERE IS ALOT MORE TO THE SERVICE ISSUE BUT I WILL NOT GO INTO IT ON RCU AS I AM SURE THEY WOULD DELETE IT AS HAS HAPPENED ON THE MOKI SUBJECT ON A COUPLE OF TIMES
Old 10-27-2004, 11:40 AM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

Default RE: FUJI ENGINES,FALSE CLAIMS

Experiences do vary. I have every Fuji gasser except the 32cc. They all run well for me and turn about what I expect of their respective cc size. Even though I convert all mine to CH Ignition, I know several guys flying Fujis with the original magneto ign just fine. One in particular has been flying a GP Patty Wagstaff with a Fuji 50 with a spring starter. His starts right up after a few priming flips. Mine all hand-starts just fine, but I prefer letting electrons do the work.

Now that Fuji has come out with the EI versions, the days of them been dismissed as boat anchors is numbered. The 86 twin, for example, is very lightweight and compact for the displacement size. With the spark plugs and muffler removed, it fits inside the cowl of my Lanier 30% Edge 540T. With a pair of Peacemaker mufflers and elec ign, the Fuji 86T weighs right at 6lbs, which is lighter than a G-62 with a spring starter and not much heavier than a ZDZ80RV single, which were my other choices for the 30% Edge.

GP is having a great sale going on now on Fuji engines. You can get an 86T with EI for effectively $730 (850 - 50 discount - $50 rebate - $20 gift cert). Even if it aint the undisputed featherweight champion of the world, $730 for 86cc twin with auto advance elec. ignition is a mighty good buy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67526.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	187212   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95168.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	187213   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo29572.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	187214  
Old 10-27-2004, 01:05 PM
3dd
My Feedback: (6)

yes mine would start right up also and run just fine but no power or rpm as advertised.the wear factor on the slft cylinder liner is also a fact.i always ran in the mid range on a very high quality oil and still had alot of wear on the sleeve.i never said it didn't start easy or run smooth i just said i have had two and they didn't run as the company stated they would.but you still get what you pay for
Old 10-27-2004, 01:47 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Until you pay Tower Hobbies for any parts you will need someday..Like a $499 crankshaft...
Old 10-27-2004, 02:14 PM
Volfy

ORIGINAL: RCIGN1

Until you pay Tower Hobbies for any parts you will need someday..Like a $499 crankshaft...
It's actually $449, minus $40 discount for over $400. No idea what they were smoking with they set the price on that one. But seriously though, if the crankshaft is bent so bad that it cannot be fixed, the engine probably has sustained enough other damage(s) that you'd be better off with a replacement engine.

Tower's prices on most other Fuji replacement parts are not too far off Zenoah's. $145 (minus the usual $15 to $20 discount) for a 86T replacement cylinder, versus Horizon's pricetag of $122 (no discount) for GT80.
Old 10-27-2004, 04:40 PM
Antique

You are 100%CORRECT..I don't see eye to eye with Horizon either...
FWIW..I can match or beat the price of the electronic Fuji engines with my converted Zenoahs....
And lower parts prices on many of the parts...
And a better warranty on the ignition
Smoking ? "I'm the exclusive importer and you WILL pay my price for parts"[sm=bananahead.gif] Just like Horizon...Except many of the Zenoah parts are also available from chainsaw and lawn equipment dealers, if you do a little searching around....Don't know what the Fuji engines come from....
Old 10-27-2004, 05:17 PM
Volfy

...and much friendlier customer service and way more knowledgeable technical support, too.

Honestly, my only guess at the high crankshaft assembly price is that Hobbico is paranoid about somebody buying up these to produce gasser twins of their own. Think about it, the crankshaft assy is the most difficult piece of the twin to produce. Anybody with a bit of engineering know how and good sources for contract manufacturing can procure the rest of the parts to manufacture their own twins. Then slap on larger pistons and jugs to make 100cc or 125cc twins.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:51 PM
Antique

We made some 6 cube twins from the old Horner 3.7s using Homelite 3 cube cylinders..Also some 4.8s using Sachs 2.4s....both were better than the original Horner twins...Horner made a twin using Kawasaki cylinders, have not seen one of those but they would have been better than the 3.7s that were mostly sold....[8D]