Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Gas 4 stroke fuel pump question

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 07:11 PM
rpmtech
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas 4 stroke fuel pump question

Hi, I have a 1/6 RC tank that has a 34cc four stroke Briggs engine. I had to remove the stock carb and I put a Saito 180 carb on it so I could do all the mixture adjusting, as the stock one was fixed and dident like the way it worked.

It runs great with the Saito carb but a little inconsistent sometimes because it is basically just sucking fuel with no pump or pressure etc, and it seems that no matter what it starts getting air in the fuel line when the temps go up. I have redone the tank about 4 times and mid running session it will start getting air in the line when the engine is hot. The engine temps out fine about 220deg

So here is my questions:

#1: if gas gets heated in the line from a warm environment will this cause the fuel in the line to "gas off" causing air bubbles?

#2 what type of pump system could I use for this engine? You think the Perry one will work?

Guess I will redo the fuel tank AGAIN , it a 40oz Dubro.

Thanks,

Rick