Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

FUJI 50 EI VS 43EI

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 12:17 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FUJI 50 EI VS 43EI

I,m building a Dynaflite Super Decathelon and was wondering about the fit of the 43ei. I actually would prefer to install the 50 as I could move it to an alternate plane at a later date however it appears that I will have to cut up tha cowl more than I would like. I noticed some useing the ZDZ40 on this plane so that caused me to think of the Fuji43ie. All in my club run the da's or zenoahs and recommend against this engine. Because of this I want to run the Fuji to not only be different but to prove a point concerning the viability of the Fuji. My question is given the size of the 43ie what would you suggest I do concerning the cowl fit? Specifically the width as I will mount the engine inverted. Should I use a different muffler? Also, it appears the carb may be close to the cowl or I may even have to cut a carb access point.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: FUJI 50 EI VS 43EI

The 43 EI is more compact than the BT-50, and will fit more easily. However, a 43 or 50 cc engine would be considered much too large for the DynaFlite Decathlon. A 35 cc gasoline engine is the largest recommended. Larger engines were not tested by DynaFlite.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:36 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FUJI 50 EI VS 43EI

Thanks for the info. Bill