Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

How many of you have broken G26 prop stud? What you do?

Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

How many of you have broken G26 prop stud? What you do?

Old 01-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Magna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many of you have broken G26 prop stud? What you do?

Do you keep on replacing them with stocks from zenoah or you have other solutions?

Do we stuck with 8cm wrench to prevent overtightening hence broken stud? What do you do better?
Old 01-13-2006, 12:41 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: How many of you have broken G26 prop stud? What you do?

I think you're looking for trouble that may not happen...The broken studs were very early in the production...Zenoah probably fixed the problem without telling anyone..Use a little discretion when tightening the prop nut...It won't backfire like a 4 stroke and spin the prop off...
Old 01-13-2006, 01:45 AM
Magna

Sorry ralph as I'm prolly the first one using G26 in my local field especially zenoah although I managed to get a bunch of them to be interested in setting up CMPro AT 6 Texan with G38. So you prolly can understand I want thing to be in good order when I get it up and running.

I do hope Zenoah have fixed the problem quietly. I will be careful on tigthening the prop!
Old 01-18-2006, 09:20 PM
BrentJ

I am a Zenoah flyer and have seen this problem with others. They are just worried and think that they are torquing head bolts on a race car. I use a good rule...I tighten the nut down all the way until I feel resistance against the prop...then I just turn 3/4 more and that is it. I have never broken the shaft and have never had a prop come loose.

Hope this helps!