Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

G62 of Fuji BT-64A

Old 05-31-2006, 12:23 PM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G62 of Fuji BT-64A

Trying to decide on a new engine for a Giant Aeromaster. I know the G62 is the old standby, never gives any problems, has good power, etc. etc. A couple of my fellow clubmembers have used some of the smaller Fuji engines with good luck, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the BT-64? Any input, i.e. comparison to the G62 would help a lot!

Thanks!
mcmike
Old 05-31-2006, 10:10 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: G62 of Fuji BT-64A

Go with the G62, and if you want it lightened call RCIGN1 up and have him do a conversion. I have never owned that Fuji, but then again I have never heard anybody rave about them either. I guess that is the nicest way I can put it. Since you already have the 62 why spend the extra money.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:11 PM
blackbaron
My Feedback: (92)

I will second on the Zenoah G62. I have had one and worked with converting several of them on EI. Zenaoh engines are very high quality inside and out. I have my own engines that I build and convert but I still have a couple of zenoah's and I like them. They are very refined for an industrial type engine. In fact some of my new engines will be sharing a lot of Zenoah internal parts. You just can't go wrong with buying a Zenoah. If you buy one and don't like it, I will take it in on a trade for one of my engines
Old 06-03-2006, 02:16 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

A G62 from Ebay for $265, a conversion on it for $175...
It will weigh about 4 lbs without the muffler but with ignition...
Fuji has not made the 64 that will match that pricewise, weightwise, quality wise, or otherwise..
Old 06-03-2006, 09:45 PM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

Now that is what I call High Praise! Spoke with a couple of the guys in my club, and they're all saying the same thing, go with the Zenoah. I do plan on doing the conversion, and will probably send it to RCIGN1 for a "diet". Been to his site, and looks like a pretty good deal.

Thanks everyone for the concise information.

mcmike!