Brillelli Boyz

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 07:06 AM
Berwyn Bill
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brillelli Boyz

ORIGINAL: RC Extreme power

If there is enough of a demand we can produce the 46cc with the beam mount, /just that there is a large set up cost to start production, Also Ralph can still produce them I think.

Milton
That's why Scott's conversions were great: the engines were already produced, he was just making them better suited for the job of being RC powerplants with upgraded parts and some good old fashioned elbow grease. And I know Ralph can turn out a good conversion, I've seen his work. There are a couple of other guys who can do it also. It was just great to have the Brillelli guys with a full line of motors ready to choose from.

I think the demand for beam mounted engines is nowhere near enough to warrant a new purpose built design from a factory. We profile nuts are a small but hearty group and most of us don't fly slabs big enough to make gassers feasible. And those of us who do can just adapt the designs to change with what the market has to offer. I think I'm just lamenting the loss of a great resource for my kind of RC addiction. Had I known how things were gonna go, I would have stocked up on a few more of his engines. At least then I would just be faced with keeping them running over the years, which I know there are many resources to help me with.

Heck, maybe I need to grab a Poulan 46 and hunker down in the shop this winter and see what happens. Worst case scenario, I hit the wall and Ralph gets one more job on his plate!

PS - glad to see Chris carrying your Area 51 engines. I may have to give one a try for my next 50cc bird.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:59 PM
eugene

I lost the muffler bolt on my Brillelli 46...Can anyone tell me the thread size so it can be replaced....
Old 10-22-2008, 10:55 PM
cmptrguy
My Feedback: (19)

Does anyone out there have one of Scotts 26cc engines in good shape that they want to part with?
Old 02-27-2009, 02:41 AM
LostMyPlane

I bought an EF yak 54 74" combo, it came with a CH ignition and a Brillelli 46 gas motor. Does anyone know if the motor comes timed correctly with this ignition or did you have to set it?

Max
Old 02-27-2009, 09:44 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They normally do but some have been shipped with the timing off. You can down load a timing wheel from C&H ignitions and check yours just to be sure. It's very easy to do.

The Brillelli 60 enigne thread has some pic's I posted of doing this.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:25 AM
xtraflyr
My Feedback: (11)

I wonder how Scott is doing? I wish he would start back up again. I have his 46 and the 26 and their great motors. Come on Scott chime in!..
Old 06-26-2009, 10:13 PM
vfalcon7

Any one have any idea on how I could get the prop bolt and plate for the 60cc? Kind of lost without it....
Old 06-27-2009, 08:03 AM
oldtimer2

Hi, Check with brillellicustoms.com. Mark might have one or could machine one for you.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:00 AM
ed42d-RCU
My Feedback: (13)

My three year old Brillelli 40 crank broke. The prop hub is non-standard SPE. I tried to heat the prop hub in an oven to remove the remaining crank in the hub, then gave the crank a couple of hits. That didn't work.

Does anyone know how Brillelli's prop hub come off? Is it just pressed on? Would a longer bolt force it out?

Thanks.

Ed
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69411.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	1225569  
Old 06-27-2009, 03:36 PM
xtraflyr
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: ed42d-RCU

My three year old Brillelli 40 crank broke. The prop hub is non-standard SPE. I tried to heat the prop hub in an oven to remove the remaining crank in the hub, then gave the crank a couple of hits. That didn't work.

Does anyone know how Brillelli's prop hub come off? Is it just pressed on? Would a longer bolt force it out?

Thanks.

Ed
Look at the above post from Oldtimer2. www.brillellicustoms.com He might have the parts in stock,or can fix your problem..
Old 06-27-2009, 09:47 PM
oldtimer2

Try backing out the two set screws on the timing ring, they might be deforming the hub enough to grip the crank?
Old 06-27-2009, 11:33 PM
tkg
My Feedback: (1)

The crank screws into the hub. Remove set screws, heat it and unscrew the crank. Normal threads.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:37 AM
ed42d-RCU

The timing ring had two set screws which I removed and took off the timing ring. There were two additional holes for set screws on the prop hub, but no set screws were in them. I could see the crank's threads from the set screw holes. I'll try to heat the hub again tomorrow and screw off the hub. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:45 AM
ed42d-RCU

Finally got the broken crank off the prop hub! Heating in the oven @350 for 30 minutes still didn't work. I had to use a propane torch to heat up the hub which did the trick. Your right, the hub was screwed on to the crank. Thanks again.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Always flying
My Feedback: (22)

Hello fellas'

I came across a brand new 26cc ss and have it installed in a slipstream yak 54. My question is though can I rotate the carb for a easy throttle linkage set up or is the stock position where it has to stay? On the plane there is servo bays underneath the engine box rotating the carb puts the throttle arm right there your help is much appreciated

Mannyh
Old 08-24-2010, 11:21 AM
3D_Junkie

Yes you can rotate the carb.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:34 AM
BadAzzMaxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ed42d-RCU

Thanks.

Ed
The prop hub is screwed on to the crank.

I would try this, Get a old prop as large as you have that is no good.

Mount it to the prop hub as tight as you can get it, Remove the timing ring that is held with a set screw, This is so the heat will not kill the magnet.

Heat the shaft as much as you can without burning the prop, Put the shaft in a vise and try to twist it off using the prop. It should come off counter clockwise.

Milton
Old 08-24-2010, 11:37 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: cmptrguy

Does anyone out there have one of Scotts 26cc engines in good shape that they want to part with?
I have a brand new Toro based engine from Scott. I may sell it. It never been started. PM me if interested. Capt,n