Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Help on starting a Quadra 42 gas engine.

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Help on starting a Quadra 42 gas engine.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 12:44 PM
LostMyPlane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on starting a Quadra 42 gas engine.

I bought a used Big Bingo that has a Quadra 42 engine with magneto start. It has a velocity stack and spring starter. I didn't get a manual for this motor and was hoping someone had a PDF file that I could get from them or even a scanned copy of the manual. Or can anyone tell me the correct starting and running procedure for this motor?
Old 10-28-2006, 11:50 AM
athos341
My Feedback: (33)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help on starting a Quadra 42 gas engine.

First loosen your mag. Then take a dollar bill and fold it long ways once and then again. Then place it between the mag and the flywheel. tighten the mag. You should have to turn the engine over to get the dollar out. If you have a choke, close the choke. open throttle to full and with the kill switch hot turn the engine over as if to start it with the spring starter. She should fire in a couple of attempts but will only run a few seconds. Open the choke, go to idle and start the engine. If you have no choke then with the kill switch on, Cover the velocity stack with your finger and open the throttle. Turn the engine over until fuel is dripping off your finger. Then make your switch hot, engine at idle and start. Carb settings for the walbro to start is 1 1/2 low end and 1 3/4 -2 turns out on the high. Bring the engine up to full and setr your high end. Probably will have to turn it in just a little. Than go to idle and give her the gas. If she excellerates quick and doesn't quit your good other adjust at small (1/16 to 1/8) turn only until she takes power as quick as you give it to her. Good luck.