Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

BME no longer in engine business?

Old 06-27-2007, 08:22 AM
tonyc
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BME no longer in engine business?

I have just tried to buy a BME 115, I called Don's Hobbies and they tell be BME has quit the business. They said that a new line will be coming from the company some time in the unknown future. Any one out there know what is going on?

Tony
Old 06-27-2007, 08:31 AM
BME

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BME no longer in engine business?

Tony, I think Don may be going nuts. We do have some new engines in the works but we are in no way out of business. We have had some phone problems due to rain and the Rally of Giants at our airfield last week. Please let us know if we can help you.

Keith
BME
Old 06-27-2007, 11:28 AM
tonyc

Thanks, Keith for the update. I have been reading good things about the BME 110 and 115. I scratch build my own airplanes and have deceided to go with one of your lighter motors. I called Don's to see what they had in stock and was told you were no longer making the BME 115 and coming up with a new line in the future.

Tony
Old 06-27-2007, 03:16 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

Tony---It always seems easier for me too go directly to the source when ordering. It won't cost you any more so why not. Keith is also a good guy to talk to and answer questions. You will get it from the horses mouth, not second hand. He has always been helpful and given excellent service to me over the years.

BME Engines
325 Whitetail Creek
China Spring, TX 76633
Phone: 254-836-0835
Fax: 254-836-0837
email: [email protected]

Please, no visitors without an appointment
Old 06-27-2007, 06:08 PM
R.C. ROB

yes call keith. I hade my 115 in a couple of days already test run and tuned. that is one sweet peice of metal. excelent motors and service. thanks again keith
rob
Old 06-27-2007, 09:12 PM
BME

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. Tony the 115 is state of the art as it can get. We have no intentions of changing it. We are coming out with some new engines that we will call our sport line but if you want the most powerful and lightest 100cc class engine available the 115 is the way to go. Give me your number and I will give you a call.

Thank you
Keith
BME
Old 06-28-2007, 02:07 PM
tonyc

Keith,
I hope that I didn’t cause you or your business any problems by posting my question.

I am a scratch builder and love to build. My current project which I just finished flies great and with a 3W-60 it’s a nice flying combination. I like it so much that I have decided to build a Pitts S2. Since I scratch build I can do things with the engine location, move it forward some, to get the CG right and the profile will still look good. I like the idea of a twin just because of the vibration issue. I also like the idea of weight savings. That is the reason I am looking at the BME line. I don’t know if I need state of the art new engine or perhaps one of the older original BME engines, the 110 or 102.
By order of priority I would put easy starts, vibration, weight, and then power. Since I don’t know much about twins I am in the research stage.

I have sent you a PM with my phone #. If you have some time I would love to chat.

Tony
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24547.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	713013  
Old 07-02-2007, 12:56 PM
tonyc

Just wanted anyone who stumbles across this thread to know that today I ordered a BME 115. Keith is great to work with and I am looking forward to getting this motor.
Now all I have to do is figure out how to tell the wife!!!!![X(]

Tony
Old 07-02-2007, 01:01 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

She doesn't tell you about all the shoes she buys does she..............................

Keith and Steve are good guys too talk to
Old 07-02-2007, 04:02 PM
bzyguy01

I also agree that Keith is top notch! I purchased 2 of the 115's awhile back. Neither one has been ran yet but I can't wait. Everytime I had a question...Keith was there supporting his product! Cheers Keith!
Shayne in PHX.