Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Where's Brillelli???

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Loopman
My Feedback: (195)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where's Brillelli???

I have made numerous phone calls and e-mails. Knowing that Scott has had some health issues and family issues I sort of left him alone. In fact, I supported him in these forums, trying to calm other fellow RC'ers who were (are) waiting for engines from Scott. I need someone to get up with him and have him contact me. Scott if you read this I need to get my carb (or a new carb) and spacer back for my 4.2. If anyone has any means of talking to Scott locally I would appreciate it if you'd tell him to call me at 404-547-9859 or at my work number 678-205-3183.

Thanks

Loopman [&o]
Old 07-30-2008, 07:59 AM
airlyons

Default RE: Where's Brillelli???

My engine should have been sent on the 22nd of July. Well... I received the USPS link that says "shipping info received" but that link hasn't updated since then and it's now been 8 days? Does this mean that USPS is still waiting for the package or do you think they have it and just haven't updated their own tracking? Anyone know the nuances of USPS?
Old 07-30-2008, 09:53 AM
FLPilot
My Feedback: (23)

UPSP is waiting for the package!

DR
Old 07-30-2008, 10:04 AM
3D_Junkie

ORIGINAL: airlyons

My engine should have been sent on the 22nd of July. Well... I received the USPS link that says "shipping info received" but that link hasn't updated since then and it's now been 8 days? Does this mean that USPS is still waiting for the package or do you think they have it and just haven't updated their own tracking? Anyone know the nuances of USPS?
One thing I personally love about USPS package tracking.... It will say "shipping info received" several days after the package is delivered to my door. Their tracking system useless.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:09 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 3D_Junkie

ORIGINAL: airlyons

One thing I personally love about USPS package tracking.... It will say "shipping info received" several days after the package is delivered to my door. Their tracking system useless.
Same experience here, it's a joke compared to FedEx and UPS.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:08 AM
Kruzer

This is not like them, I emailed Scott for some information last week and have not gotten a reply.
Past experience with these guys tells me something is very wrong. I'd give em all the time they need to sort out whatever the problem is. it has to be serious.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Scott is an example of a one man band, side business in this hobby. He produces a fine product plus service and support.

When health or family issues arise there is little time, possibly inability, to take care of the business. It is not the priority at that time. Scott’s business history is impeccable so cut some slack and wait it out. I realize there are issues getting orders filled, repairs back, etc., and it hampers one’s hobby time.

However, whatever is occurring with Scott at this time is probably far more inconvenient than anyone’s loss of playtime.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:42 PM
Heli-NuBee

I agree with Dick T. Scott has been outstanding with me. I also have an engine in his shop for repair that has been there for some time but I understand that he is currently going through a tough period. Let's all cut him a little slack. Hurry back Scott, we miss you but we are also behind you.

Heli-NuBee (Roger)
Old 08-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Loopman

Scott is without a doubt a stand up kinda guy. But, he needs to let people know what is going on! I wish him all the best in getting his health back and I know he is a "One Man Band" and that given time he will bounce back. That being said, Scott was supposed to mail me my carb and spacer back three weeks ago, even went so far as to say it would be mailed the next day. That still has not happened and when you couple that with no contact it gets a little worrisome.

Loopman
Old 08-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Upnet
My Feedback: (8)

I hope he hasn't had some kind of relapse.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:37 AM
GTworks

Maybe the dudes on vacation!
Old 08-03-2008, 11:34 AM
mnrcaerobat
My Feedback: (197)

From reading his previous posts, he was recently diagnosed with diabetes and had a death in the family. He also operates Brillelli in his spare time (works full time). His post said he is overwhelmed right now with the backlog of orders and maintainence requests and is focusing on cleaning that up. I wish I was closer to him, I would help him out.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:55 PM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

I sent many e-mails to Scott months ago and have never received any thing back. I won’t be buying anything from him. The engine is worthless with out service and parts. George
Old 08-03-2008, 07:55 PM
handsonscott
My Feedback: (1)

I purchased a 35cc AW Extra 300, and this engine was one of the recommendations. So, I ordered a 46gt in early June- his website says allow 2-3 weeks for delivery. Still have not received it. Sent him many emails and phone calls, never heard a thing back. I even drilled out the fire wall to accept the Brillelli mount.
Wanting to get my plane in the air, I found a deal on a new Brillelli in the Buy and Sell section, but it had no mount. Emailed Scott several times, finally got a reply saying he had an extra mount, and would send it to me. That was 3 weeks ago, and still no mount. So I've had this airplane for over two months, ready to fly, just can't get the engine for it. Or the mount. I sent Scott 425.00, and have received nothing but a broken promise in return. I sent him an email giving him 30 more days to either fulfill my order, or refund my money. I know people think he's a great guy and all, but I'm getting the feeling that I've given 425.00 bucks to a guy who has no intention of ever sending me an engine, or paying me back.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:05 PM
JoeAirPort

I can understand how you feel and I know it's your money not mine, but I think he plans on sending the engine....or at least giving a refund.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:09 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Also there are several ways for Scott to answer. Privite e-mail on RCU...Regular e-mail...telephone....cell phone....written letter for starts. Heck, all I want is a simple answer about a engine I bought from him!!!![:-] Scott... all I can say that your killing your good reputation by not replying. Or letting some one else reply for you. Capt,n
Old 08-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

I will post an update when I talk to him... I believe he was out of town this weekend.

Guys: He does not read RCU very often.. just doesn't have the time. So saying he is not replying or whatever isn't doing much because he isn't reading this.

He has told me on multiple occassions that he is returning emails over the last month. There have been atleast 3 times when he didn't have emails from someone claiming to have sent multiple. I know a security hole was breached at his providor because he sent me some weird email bounces he was getting and I told him what to tell the provider so they could find the issue and fix it. This was 3 weeks ago or so.

He needs to call and see if a central spam control has been put in place on the server itself because it's clear something is going on.

Either way when I can get an update I will post it. I have tried to post updates in almost every thread related.. but quite honestly I am growing tired of reposting info because people think if they start a new thread on this topic that magically Scott will read it. I have no doubt engines or refunds will be received.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:26 PM
ljones5000
My Feedback: (2)

handsonscott, if you have the engine then the mount is nothing special, just a standard aluminum rail type mount. I expect you could find a mount for the 46GT at Tower or Horizon or one of the other hobby shops.

I wasn't clear on whether you bought the engine in the buy/sell section.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:35 PM
JoeAirPort

ORIGINAL: ljones5000

handsonscott, if you have the engine then the mount is nothing special, just a standard aluminum rail type mount. I expect you could find a mount for the 46GT at Tower or Horizon or one of the other hobby shops.

I wasn't clear on whether you bought the engine in the buy/sell section.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HAN2033
Old 08-04-2008, 03:56 PM
shawn45
My Feedback: (77)

Hi all,

Scott is a great guy, we all know that. For whatever reason " health, family, or......." he is not responding!!!
but I think if you're a responsible person, you can easily get a friend or family to fill in for you till you gat back. There is no excuse for not doing that!!!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Uncas
My Feedback: (1)

handsonscott,
I used the largest Dubro shock absorbing mounts for my B46. You will have to redrill your firewall to use them.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:44 PM
cap_sized
My Feedback: (22)

Handsonscott,

I also bought the AW 35cc Extra 300 ARF-QB (on March 13th) and a Brillelli 46GT, pitts muffler, along with several other items from Scott (on March 14th) with the intention of actually FLYING this set-up by spring of '08. The plane showed up on May 24th and I'm still waiting on the engine. Scott responding by email on July 3rd with an update on my order by stating the engine should ship the following week. That's been several weeks ago now and still nothing. I'm trying to remain patient thru his personal problems, but the business situation is bordering on ridiculous. It's unfortunate that the frustration level has driven many customers away. I'm in total agreement with comments made by Captinjohn and Aquaskiman.

Question: If Scott is working so diligently on his backlog, then why aren't we hearing about any "filled" orders lately? It's been nervously quiet on that front.[sm=50_50.gif]
Old 08-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Solo
My Feedback: (63)

I have purchase two 60cc engines and both my experiences with Scott have been poor at best. The first engine took 9 weeks with numerous phone calls reminding him that I paid for the engine. Well on June 23rd he said he would send me a muffler and I still don't have it. I keep reading about his great service, where is it. With crap service like this no one should spend their hard earned money on his company. I have left him 4 vmails and 4 emails with no response. Vacation, ya right!
Old 08-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Balsa Steel
My Feedback: (3)

I too think Scott is a great guy, and we can all agree he goes above and beyond the service level of most other vendors. His engines are very competitive on price, weight, and performance. I understand there have been some issues beyond Scott's control that are putting him behind, and it seems like most everybody on here also understands and is willing to cut Scott plenty of slack for that. He's definitely earned that benefit of the doubt. However, I would like a realistic time frame of when I'll get my 366GT back. If it's going to be another 5 months, that's fine, just tell me that so I'll know what to expect. I don't like being told it's shipping out Monday, only to find out that wasn't the truth. Or to get an email notification that it's shipping nearly 2 weeks ago and still not have it. Enough with the optimistic ship dates, what is the honest time frame?
Old 08-05-2008, 06:03 AM
Loopman

I was one of the first to ever buy a "Brillelli" engine, back when he and Mark Brill were only making non EI engines. I am still flying both engines! I am sure that my attempts to get ahold of Scott are viewed as an imposition by some of the viewers of this forum but I just want what is rightfully due and I am not alone in this pursuit. To say that Scott does not have time to read these posts means that he is indifferent to his customers needs and concerns. If I sold a product I would greatly want to know what my buying public thought of it and of me, taking the good with the bad. I sincerely hope that his health, his family, and his suppliers are getting back on track and that we will hear from him soon.

Loopman [&o]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.