Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Is this a JC Enngine......!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 10:54 AM
micboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a JC Enngine......!!!!!

Hi...

Recently I bought this engine that the supplier claimed its a JC engine... but I am having problems in keeping this engine running.... the Ignition is marked JC but I cant find this engine in the JC Engines site... maybe it has been discontinued....

The breaking in was perfect and then CABOOOM…. That’s it I have also noted that I cant find a JC engine with a side carb only rear..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14752.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	1178586   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46633.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	1178587  
Old 04-12-2009, 11:14 AM
powerlines

Default RE: Is this a JC Enngine......!!!!!

Don't look like the one I have.. Take the side of the carb off and clean the fliter..

Good luck..
Old 04-12-2009, 11:18 AM
RC Extreme power
My Feedback: (24)

That is one of the first engines produced by JC engines and was discontinued about two years ago, It was one of the first test engines I got and probably got it from the same China dealer you got it from, It is not a bad engine but in the power range of a good 45cc engine.

When you say it went CABOOOM, In what way did it do that, I found that the crank shaft would move back and let the prop hub rub the crank case and would act like the engine locked up, If you have enough room without hitting the magnet you can have someone with a lath turn the back of the prop hub from the back side leaving a little next to where it meats the crank like a washer and that will rub the race of the bearing and will not let the prop hub rub the crank case.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:58 AM
micboy

Hi.. Thanks for your Help...

CABOOM I meant that the engine is extremly hard to start... and its lost all the needles setting I have removed the carb and found out that the carb gasket the (pressure hole) was blocked by the gasket it self... so I fitted the gasket correctly... with the hole matching the carb hole... maybe this was correct from the first place !!! and I have turned this upside down making the situation worse..

Now I will try to give it another try tomorrow morning... I also have a replacement carb Walbro 257 that I would like to try...

I will keep you posted....
Old 04-12-2009, 01:02 PM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

ORIGINAL: micboy

I also have a replacement carb Walbro 257 that I would like to try...

I will keep you posted....
Before you go making changes, get it running correctly. Don't add more variables now.

Hard to start is not CABOOM, CABOOM is when you see the connecting rod without disassembling the engine.[:@]