Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

100cc 3W issue

Old 09-20-2009, 06:48 PM
dirtypool
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 100cc 3W issue

I need a little help with my 3W.

It has been sitting for about a year since I last flew it. I pulled the cowl off last year (after the last time I flew it) to do some tuning because it would have a hesitation when accelerating from idle until it was warmed up - very warmed up. Anyway, I didnt end up trying it until this morning. I never ran it last year with the cowl off.

It started fine, but needed 1/4 throttle to do so. It would not idle but it ran fine through the rest of the range. I have a hose running from the diaphragm plate into the fuse, so its not that. Could it be from sitting? Old fuel? or could the airflow be different over the carb itself? Its in an AW Patty.

I have not put the cowl back on to try it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rob
Old 09-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 100cc 3W issue

Rebuild the carb. The diaphragms dried out and likely need replaced. Regarding the warm up. Most engines don't run as well as they should until they've warmed up. A 3w has more mass than many engines so it takes longer to warm up.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:41 PM
dirtypool
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: 100cc 3W issue

I'll give it a shot.
Thanks.