Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Slimline Still in Business?

Old 09-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Diablo-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slimline Still in Business?

Anyone here know if Slimline is still in business. I ordered a muffler ten days ago online, never received an order confirmation, left a message on their answering machine, sent an e-mail asking if they received my order. I received no response from them at all. If anyone has the scoop on them, I'd appreciate to know.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:43 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Slimline Still in Business?

Here's the contact numbers

Somebody get them?

Contact Information
<hr />

Phone: 480-967-5053
Fax: 480-967-5030

e-mail: [email protected]

Slimline Products
PO Box 3295
Scottsdale, AZ 85271

Old 09-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Diablo-RCU

Thanks W8YE. I tried calling them again at the number you posted 5 minutes ago. They didn't pick up the phone and I left them another message to call me back or e-mail me to confirm my order. It's looking more like they are out of business......or maybe their customer response is just really poor. I e-mailed them again last night, and received no response.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:20 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I tried calling and didn't get a live person either
Old 09-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Diablo-RCU

They called me back a little while ago, and they are still in business. Unfortunately, they no longer make a muffler for my engine, a Brison 3.2. They said they quit making those 5 years ago.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

ORIGINAL: Diablo-RCU

They called me back a little while ago, and they are still in business. Unfortunately, they no longer make a muffler for my engine, a Brison 3.2. They said they quit making those 5 years ago.
They still list several mufflers under "Sachs, Fox, others" .... these will fit your Brison engine as the Brison used a Sachs cylinder. If Slimline doesn't have what you want, Bisson or J-Tec will.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:49 AM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would try Bisson, the J-tecs seems to crack and leak. I have one on a Fox 3.2 and do not care for it, not made very well.

Andy
Old 09-23-2009, 11:50 AM
dan4466
My Feedback: (68)

I asked this same question this spring after placing an order and getting no conformation whatsoever. Several other people said they placed orders that wasn't filled. I called and emailed for three days and nothing. Then their voicemail was full. After waiting a month or more I went another route and ordered another muffler from a different company. Then about 2 months after the order I get a charge for the Slimeline muffler. If there out of buisness, it wouldn't suprise me running a buisness like that. They did refund the money without any problem, though. I did tell her there was people that thought they were out of buisness with the way they were doing things and that seem to tick her off.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:11 AM
YUKONFLYR

I emailed them about two weeks ago, got no response. I placed an order and received the order about 10 days later. Maybe they are low on staff?
Old 09-24-2009, 07:51 PM
JLB
My Feedback: (2)

Just a guy and his wife and they've been like that for years. Don't know how they stay in business but they do make a nice product.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

ORIGINAL: JLB

Just a guy and his wife and they've been like that for years. Don't know how they stay in business but they do make a nice product.
Yup, been like that for many, many years! I can remember having the same experience with Slimline even before the days of email and the Internet. If they have product, they will ship. If out of stock, you might have to wait until they make more of the desired item. I agree though, quality products. Many hobby related businesses are still like this, a cottage industry of sorts.
Old 03-27-2021, 02:09 PM
predman
My Feedback: (7)

I ordered a gas can almost a year ago and still have not received it. I just want my money back, I donít think they are in business anymore.