Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Brand new DLE 30 problems, has any one else had any?

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Brand new DLE 30 problems, has any one else had any?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 11:52 AM
yearnin to Fly
My Feedback: (52)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brand new DLE 30 problems, has any one else had any?

ORIGINAL: jedijody

Please remember this country has time zones, when it's 9:00 am there it's only 6:00 am here. Mondays are very busy phone days and I usually have about 10 messages before I start to answer the phone at 9:00 am. Then I can get 1 or 2 voicemails while I'm talking to someone until about noon and it starts to slow down, then I can start running engines.
THANKS
Old 10-05-2009, 12:58 PM
yearnin to Fly

Please remember this country has time zones, when it's 9:00 am there it's only 6:00 am here. Mondays are very busy phone days and I usually have about 10 messages before I start to answer the phone at 9:00 am. Then I can get 1 or 2 voicemails while I'm talking to someone until about noon and it starts to slow down, then I can start running engines.
Thank you for calling me and being SOOOOOOOOO helpfull, I am gratefull for ALL your help.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:56 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Jedi master.....[8D]
Old 10-05-2009, 02:01 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: cman_25

and after spending the needed time doing all the needed conversions, G

what conversions did you do to the motor after you purchased it??
Old 10-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yet he still got hammered for failing to call fast enough to satisfy someone that bought an engine from someone else....

Jody,
You're a better man than I am. I'd be seriously considering cutting off assists for out of house engines with some of the flack you've been given. Eithr that or develop a non sold parts and labor rate.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:49 PM
crazyjoseph
My Feedback: (3)

Thank you for calling me and being SOOOOOOOOO helpfull, I am gratefull for ALL your help.
WOW are you out of line. This guys goes out of his way to help you and you ***** on him. You could at least give the guy a day to get back with you. In stead of giving him sarcasm you should be apologizing. You have taught me one thing if I am ever in the market for a DL engine I will call Jodi.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:04 PM
JOHNS3D
My Feedback: (5)

The Jedi MAster lol.........he is right, Jody have been so patience with my calls...sometimes we talked more than 20 min with my noob questions...but finally i learned a lot of things from him and is so great having people that makes business.....but they are like friends talking with everyone, anytime, anywhere, without money in the middle.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:39 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Hopefully like right about now you are feeling just like the P.O S. behaviour you displayed here. Jody for real you are one of a kind, for if it was me in this particular case .... [:@] well nuff said.

Karol
Old 10-05-2009, 05:07 PM
yearnin to Fly

ORIGINAL: karolh

Hopefully like right about now you are feeling just like the P.O S. behaviour you displayed here. Jody for real you are one of a kind, for if it was me in this particular case .... [:@] well nuff said.

Karol
Hi Karol, and thanks for attacking me, That seems to be what the a few of the users of rc universe spend their day doing.
In the post I sent to Jody, I THANKED him for helping me. And in the post before that I was mearly asking a question about calling or emailing. Yet you and several others have made it your quest in life to attack me and talk about how bad of a person I am. I know I made some mistakes and even talked to Jody myself and made things right.

I am sorry I forgot that I live in a world of people who are perfect in every way, and they choose to attack others while they are down.

Jody once again I am very gratefull for your time and effort to help me.

My hope is that NONE of the users on rc universe have to go through the things I have the past few months and endure the problems me and many others are dealing with. ( including the death of a very close freind over the weekend )

So if for now you can enjoy kicking a fellow modeler who needed help and even made a few mistakes, than I am happy for you. Feel free to kick away as you have been and enjoy doing it. I can only hope that doing so makes you feel better.

I wish all of you the best life has to offer.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:32 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort

This must be the guy:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=558920

I'd try to work it out with him. He should at least let you return it for a refund. If you're stuck with it I'd get a hold of Jody at ValleyviewRC.com. I bought both of my DL-50 and DLE-55 from him and he's provided top notch support. He'll get your engine going for a reasonable price. After dealing with Jody you'll likely not want to buy from anybody else.

Joe

Holy **** i just purchased a Spektrum rx from him.... I hope it works
Old 10-05-2009, 06:18 PM
jedijody

You all can give CMAN a break, he's not a bad guy, he just had a deal go a bit sour and it cost him a little, most would feel the same way. I have a thick skin and I know he didn't mean anything personal, he was just displaying a bit of frustration. He's all fixed up and will be back in the air soon with a big smile on his face, hopefully he'll come back and let us all know what he thinks of his DLE30.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:09 AM
TURBINATOR

You all can give CMAN a break, he's not a bad guy, he just had a deal go a bit sour and it cost him a little, most would feel the same way. I have a thick skin and I know he didn't mean anything personal, he was just displaying a bit of frustration. He's all fixed up and will be back in the air soon with a big smile on his face, hopefully he'll come back and let us all know what he thinks of his DLE30.

Problem is Jody, some people will never learn. They want to drink champagne on a beer budget!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:58 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: karolh

Karol
" Jody once again I am very gratefull for your time and effort to help me ".
Real sorry to hear of the loss of your friend having been down that road recently, and also sorry if you you feel that way but I was not attacking you, but rather the poor behaviour you showed here. Look how easy it was for you to say that, it's a real pity it was not your first choice of words.

Karol

Old 10-06-2009, 11:43 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: exeter_acres

and after spending the needed time doing all the needed conversions, G

what conversions did you do to the motor after you purchased it??
Old 10-27-2009, 11:24 AM
yearnin to Fly

Ok, well after I rebuilt the motor, and broke it in properly. Now I need to learn how to properly tune it.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:44 AM
AJsToyz

I had the same fuel issue with my RCGF 26cc. There is a small screan that can get dirts in it, usually if this happens they are hard to tune and spit, and dump gas out of the carb. The dirt gets past the screan and will not let the needle seat in the carb and causes the issues. Sounds strange a dirty carb can cause flooding but it can. My engine only had two tanks of fuel through it when it happened.

Andy
Old 10-27-2009, 11:47 AM
BTerry
My Feedback: (8)

deleted, not relevant to this problem...

I thought you were having problems with fuel pouring out of the carb all the time, which would indicate the needle isn't seating. You are having a different problem altogether.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:52 AM
AJsToyz

I just went to the other DLE 30 thread and this little engine might be a pooch in its current state. Sounds like some minor mods might fix it.

Andy
Old 10-27-2009, 12:14 PM
yearnin to Fly

Thanks for all the help. As I am working on other customers engines I am sure what you are telling me will be VERY valuable. Abd I can always hope that others having the problems with the screen and carb, will be able to solve the problems they are having.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:34 PM
cap10b

Pat,
There was some guy in Sherman that sold a bunch of DL motors to guys then hightailed it, when they needed service and parts and couldnt reach the guy guess who they called. Thats right TF at WH. He had to tell them, your warranty is thru another dealer. He tried to help these guys but they dont listen, they just go full speed ahead with their eyes closed and their heads down.

Its a laugh to watch them.

jds
Old 10-27-2009, 01:45 PM
yearnin to Fly

There is major problems, with ALL the DLE-30 engines. PERIOD!!

The dealers are not to be blamed, this is a problem that the manufacturerer is at fault.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:49 PM
jedijody

Do tell.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:20 PM
flatspinjim
My Feedback: (3)

There are 2 flying at my field, both of them run great. I know 1, if not both were purchased from Valley View.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:25 PM
yearnin to Fly

Jody you know this is not the dealers fault. You helped me get parts to rebuild mine. I am very gratefull for your help.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:31 PM
yearnin to Fly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.