Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

I'm off to Hong Hong - where can I buy a gas engine?

Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

I'm off to Hong Hong - where can I buy a gas engine?

Old 10-11-2009, 04:38 PM
jimcork1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm off to Hong Hong - where can I buy a gas engine?

ORIGINAL: Kema

If you get good deal why not buy? Just put engine to cargo bay luggage and everything is fine. I have heard that DL engines go for 150$ at mainland China if you are chinise. They usually double prices for foreigners in every store anyway.

Haggle, haggle and haggle or if you know locals, it's easier to get great prices. Listprice in China is usually just a point to start haggling. Offering a third of that should be your first move.
Perhaps your right you can just throw it in the suitcase. I think that is called smuggling and very illegal if it isn't declared.

IMO it is way too high a risk and I would prefer to ask first on arrival. When a guest in a foreign country I consider myself a guest and conduct myself as a guest appropriately. I have traveled to over 38 countries and lived around the world and for me I would never take that risk.

But if anyone wants to try it have at it,, at your own risk.

Once I was called to examine my checked luggage after it had boarded the plane. I went on the ramp and opened it for authorities to show them my travel alarm. They laughed but think of how it might have turned out if I had something on the prohibit list and not delcared.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:57 AM
Kema

ORIGINAL: jimcork1
Perhaps your right you can just throw it in the suitcase. I think that is called smuggling and very illegal if it isn't declared.

IMO it is way too high a risk and I would prefer to ask first on arrival. When a guest in a foreign country I consider myself a guest and conduct myself as a guest appropriately. I have traveled to over 38 countries and lived around the world and for me I would never take that risk.
Oh, I am a smuggler and u are a world seen traveler :P Perhaps you should read the regulations before making assumptions...

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...horEvent=false

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/va...restricted.xml
Old 10-12-2009, 06:40 AM
jimcork1
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Kema

ORIGINAL: jimcork1

Oh, I am a smuggler and u are a world seen traveler :P Perhaps you should read the regulations before making assumptions...

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...horEvent=false

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/va...restricted.xml

Do as you wish. Bye!
Old 10-12-2009, 04:22 PM
captain stowed

It's not smuggling, it's just airline specific procedures and rules. Those rules vary widely depending on the airline you fly. Smuggling would be a breach of the customs declaration of the country in question on entry. The facts are that most airlines will allow you to have engines in your checked bags. If you do your research before you fly, you will know if you can do it or not.

m.