Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

About Rcexl ignition & RCGF ignition Issue

Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

About Rcexl ignition & RCGF ignition Issue

Old 12-21-2009, 03:17 AM
rc_cdi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About Rcexl ignition & RCGF ignition Issue

Dear all consumers and the website in charge:

I come from China RCexl ignition companies.my name is XU LIANG
I would like to publish this statement may not be appropriate here,If inappropriate, I would like to correct me.

Also my English is not good, please forgive me.

Recently, we have many consumers have written in asking about the RCGF ENGINES IGNITION.

Our company started from August 2009 on the cessation(stop) of supply to RCGF engines the rcexl ignition.
Before this is probably about 3,000 sets available to the RCGF ENGINES.

RCGF now is not that we provide, although the appearance is very much the same
But so far has not made any statement, resulting in many customers misunderstanding.

In addition to the market that currently there is YS ENGINES ignition not printing has MADE BY RCEXL , all other OEM ignition(DLE;3MM;MT;FTL;JC;CH;ACP KHURI;Forgues/Hutchins;Cactusaviation;Quadra;BH;BraveHeart;BCMA; ...)... have be printed with the logo.

On the new version of the package, see the following link

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9347852/anchors_9347852/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#9347852[/link]

On how to recognize and distinguish between Rcexl ignition, see the following link

[link]http://www.rcexl.com/notice/5.html[/link]

Follow print label is RCEXL company formerly RCGF customized with MADE By RCEXL. For the RCEXL company make.

Follow Picture ignition is Not rcexl make:
If there is no MADE BY RCEXL as not RCEXL company make.

Rcexl ignition company will consumers around the world to provide better quality and service,
Also very grateful to both consumers and national distributors efforts.

The consumers are loyal to wish a happy Christmas
Xu Liang Company President
By 2009-12-21

With regard to RCGF, a former partner, supporting about 3,000 sets. But earlier this year, gradually reducing the procurement. To August and found that more and more feedback. I found this problem, and immediately stopped the Supply .RCGF the final purchase date is July 9, 2009. End SN:W&B003846,Can be seen from the CDI label date

I have informed him (RCGF)correct. Now the time has come. I think it necessary to inform anybody. To avoid the feedback more and more.Because there are still many consumers mistakenly think RCEXL ignition

xu liang by 2009-12-22

thanks all ,Sincere

Old 12-21-2009, 05:05 AM
mpascual
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: About Rcexl ignition & RCGF ignition Issue

Many thanks, Xu Liang for the info.
RCEXL ignitions are very reliable , and new features are welcomed.

Best regards.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:42 AM
aussiesteve

Xie Xie Xu
Wo Zhong wen ai dian dian
Ni RCExcel shi jian duan

Ok - I give up - your English is FAR better than my Chinese
But I mean it - your ignitions are the best and why anyone would want to use any other brand is beyond my guesswork.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:52 AM
rc_cdi

In China, there are many Ignition manufacturers, but RCGF have seriously affected RCEXL. Because it used to be our customers, so many consumers misunderstand. That this is produced by our company, I received many letters of complaints, but it is not our product, which is not allowed.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Piston

Hello XU Liang

THANK you for the information about the RCEXL ignitions. I am an importer of the RCGF engines and I can tell you that we were NEVER NOTIFIED OF THIS change by the factory. You can be sure that situation has been addressed.
Like aussie Steve says

Xie Xie Xu
Wo Zhong wen ai dian dian
Ni RCExcel shi jian duan

Old 12-21-2009, 11:22 AM
perche

[:-]

[sm=confused.gif]
Old 12-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Walt and Sage

GREAT EQUIPMENT !!!
Merry Christmas to you Xu Liang
Old 12-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Xu Liang,

Thank you very much for the information. Nobody wants to use a counterfiet ignition or one that may not meet the standards and quality of the one it is represented to be. There is too much at stake.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:23 PM
denney47
My Feedback: (359)

South East RC Engines also sells these engines, must be having a lot of problems with the fake ignition.
Tom
Valley View RC
Old 12-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Piston

I have to disagree whole heartedly with Tom from Valley View RC.

And making a statement that they are "FAKE Ignitions" is totally inaccurate and incorrect and misleading.

What Mr. Liang has stated is that they are not supplying their ignitions to RCGF (since August 2009) - reasons unknown. So there is a timeline of 3.5 months. He stated that RCGF is using an ALTERNATE electronic ignition but using an RCGF label that is stating that it is an RCEXL ignition.

The ignitions are working units of unknown origin - and believe me, once I find out whose they are, I will broadcast this far and wide. AND YES.. IF that is the case, then they are being fraudulently passed off as OEM RCEXL. There are only a few words that describe this. The most polite one is that this is wrong.

I have written both companies for explanations. I have been definitely sitting at the front door of RCGF awaiting their arrival for answers.

Henry

Old 12-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Tired Old Man

Henry,

If someone is marketing an ignition manufacturerd by a firm that is not RC Exl, but labeling the unit as being produced by RC Exl, then the ignition is indeed a fake. Not too many other words accurately describe the product since it is represented as one thing but in fact is something else.

However, knowing the physchology of the Chinese r/c manufacturers a little, it's probably is best to give it more time to find out who is who, and whom is representing whom. For them a lie is the same as truth until they are caught, and then it becomes the fault of someone not even remotely connected to the original lie.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Piston

Hey Pat

What RCGF did and is doing, as Mr Liang states, is absolutely wrong. We can both agree to that. The ignitions that are being provided now are apparently those of another manufacturer (unknown) but they are working units. The term that fake constitutes non operational. That is what I am trying to say. A better term would be counterfeit I guess. I just don't want anyone to have an impression that the units that being provided with the engines are non operational. That's all.

I am NOT defending what RCGF is doing. Far from it. It is underhanded, and a slap in the face to all distributors, and to any customers who may have received this unit instead of an authentic RCEXL unit.
I am peed off, and just raring to drill a new one into someone at RCGF as soon as they get in to work.

Henry

Old 12-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Tired Old Man

I hear ya buddy.

Without the track record, and the previous involvement provided by CH in the development of the RC Exl chip, it's definately not the same thing. As you know, my concerns are never focused on initial fuctionality. Even some of the worst made items of any kind can work initially. it's how long the fuction, and function correctly, that gets my focus.

There does seem to have been a rash of semi functional ignitioons that have cropped up lately, which has had me wondering about the reasons. Up until fairly recently ypu could pretty much count the number of new ignitions from the established makers that had failure issues out of the box on both hands. Oh, I forgot about one manufacturer so I have to modify that last statement a little.... So with the exception of XX, the number of out of the box ignition failures had been extremely limited...
Old 12-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

ANYproduct, whether functional or not, which is labeled, represented, and SOLD as if it is something else is PUREFAKERY, FRAUD, and I don't need a JD to figure it out.
The "genuine"RcExcel is an excellent, highly-reliable, and well-developed item.
Someone (or several someone's, maybe) have figured out how to make something that "sort of works, some of the time" that LOOKS like the OEM, and by not disclosing that it is anything BUTthe OEMpart has committed counterfeiting/fraud.

Sure sucks, but such counterfeit and imitation supports the adage about the sincerest form of flattery. I really wish that that the thieves would just be found out, exposed and have their hands cutoff.

Splitting hairs on the term is a pretty small split. Counterfeit is technically probably most accurate, but perhaps "fakery" can be accurate when describing the behaviors.

Counterfeiting and/or Fakery is bad for everyone.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:11 PM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

I hear ya buddy.

Without the track record, and the previous involvement provided by CH in the development of the RC Exl chip, it's definately not the same thing. As you know, my concerns are never focused on initial fuctionality. Even some of the worst made items of any kind can work initially. it's how long the fuction, and function correctly, that gets my focus.

There does seem to have been a rash of semi functional ignitioons that have cropped up lately, which has had me wondering about the reasons. Up until fairly recently ypu could pretty much count the number of new ignitions from the established makers that had failure issues out of the box on both hands. Oh, I forgot about one manufacturer so I have to modify that last statement a little.... So with the exception of XX, the number of out of the box ignition failures had been extremely limited...
I am going to stay far away from this. I could stir the pot but no reason.Xu Laing has been very good too me.
BCCHI
Old 12-22-2009, 02:16 AM
apalsson

ORIGINAL: Piston

Hey Pat

What RCGF did and is doing, as Mr Liang states, is absolutely wrong. We can both agree to that. The ignitions that are being provided now are apparently those of another manufacturer (unknown) but they are working units. The term that fake constitutes non operational. That is what I am trying to say. A better term would be counterfeit I guess. I just don't want anyone to have an impression that the units that being provided with the engines are non operational. That's all.
I have to agree with Henry on this one. I realise we are talking semantics here (or choice of words) but counterfeit and fake are two different things.
To my knowledge, there haven't been any more reports of ignition failures on RCGF engines after August 2009 than before.

In saying that, the actions of the RCGF factory should be condemned and they have left a number of purchasers of their engines with an interesting dilemma. Because their manuals clearly state that these are Rcexl ignitions but now we know they aren't, who is responsible for the support and in particular the warranty?

This all seems to have happened around the same time as RCGF trood on their existing distributor channel and recruited new ones (including one Barry Cohen which we all remember).
Now, it appears that all the new distributors who in order to gain distributorship had to place large orders on RCGF have been left with engines with counterfeit ignitions.
I can only be thankful that I politely declined when RCGF offered me their new deal!

By the way, doesn't this discussion belong in the big RCGF thread?
Old 12-22-2009, 04:03 AM
rc_cdi

please see follow again:

RCGF mislead consumers in the real

12-21-2009, 10:02 PM #330
Firefly
Bad-ass Super Contributer!

Awards Showcase

Total Awards: 1 Re: RCGF "B" Line of Engines

got the same msg, except for the photo detail part.
I also asked RCGF, here is what they said
Quote:
Hi Cindy,

Thanks for your mail.

We use the RCexl CDI Ignitions for our gas engines. For we ordered a lot of Rcexl CDI Ignitions from them as parts stock before,and now they're still not finished yet.

Best Regards,

Catherine
RCGF MODEL

rcgfsale
å‘件人: Cindy Toth
å‘é€æ—¶é—´ï¼š 2009-12-18 10:53:23
收件人: rcgfsale
抄é€ï¼š
主题: rcgf ignition

who makes the rcgf ignitions?
some resellers specs says RCexl and others CDI

sounds like they have a stock of em.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Tired Old Man

I can easily understand where a manufacturer still may have a large inventory of ignition units left on the shelf. Electing to use them up before changing to a new supplier is a sensible thing to do. There needs to be some clarification when any change in products occurs, with ops manuals amended accordingly and included with the first engine that uses a product different from what it had previously.

apalsson,

MT (Tomy Chen) did the same thing with their required order quantities. You either ordered far more than you could sell in a reasonable period of time or they shopped around for more distributors. Seems the focus now is on manufacturer profitability with little regard for distributor liquidity.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:53 PM
apalsson

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

MT (Tomy Chen) did the same thing with their required order quantities. You either ordered far more than you could sell in a reasonable period of time or they shopped around for more distributors. Seems the focus now is on manufacturer profitability with little regard for distributor liquidity.
It seems to be the common business mentality these days. But if the reports in this thread are correct, it would appear that RCGF added insult to injury by changing over to "their own" ignitions around the same time without bothering to inform buyers they weren't getting "the real McCoy". I wonder if they told their new distributors this?
Old 12-22-2009, 05:08 PM
perche

Why the big picture of the Rcgf 15cc and the "not made by Rcexel"?

There Manual says Rcgf ignition.
The ignition says Rcgf ignition.

Its all over that this engine does not come with a Rcexl ignition.

But i see the but but in the story.

Thomas
Old 12-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Super08
My Feedback: (2)

I just read another thread in another forum and Catherine says they are Rcexl ignitions. They just took off all of the labels and put on their own as they don't want to advertise for another company. Here is a copy and paste of part of the post with the reply:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Actually it's not RCEXL stopped offering their Ignitions to us. The truth is that we didn't order Ignitions from them from Aug 2009. But we have ordered a lot of CDI Ignitions from RCEXL before,so that we still have some stock in our factory.

We have seen RCEXL say that they have mark in their Ignitions sticker, so that they think our Ignitions are different from theirs. But the truth is that we have already taken off their stickers in the Ignitions which RCEXL offered us ,and replace with our own stickers.

Why did we do this ? For their is "MADE BY RCEXL " in the RCEXL Ignitions sticker,our factory don't want to do advertisement for other company by selling our products. I think you can understand for it.

Now we have bought good equipments to test all the Ignitions before we shipped them out to our customers. So please don't worry. And if there is any problem for the Ignitions which we offer,our factory will offer the replace ones for our customers ourselves. And the warranty period of the Ignition is still two years.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 12-22-2009, 10:11 PM
fireflynj
My Feedback: (5)

as for the comment for 'fake'
RCGF omitted the 'made by RCexl' on their label, They did a change up and didn't tell anyone.
so its not fake, they did not put a xx brand under the label that has "made by RCexl", I would hope not!
the misleading part is some distributors still advertises in the specs 'RCexl Ignition' because RCGF did not notify them of the change.
This can make the distributor look bad too, but it is not their fault.
This also does not mean RCGF ignition is bad, it just have not already been proven as RCexl has.

Lets give the distributors a chance to get some answers from them before we get carried away with this.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:12 PM
mtenginesusa

Two parts of MT engines are for sure have only one supplyer . carb are use walbro only . and the ignition system are use RCEXL only . we dont have problem to use ignition that have RCEXL mark because we believe RCEXL are the No 1. the best ignition compare with other. many thanks to MR. liang allow us to use RCEXL ignition system because this mark mean lot and lot . best quality . service and other things that make every modeller are able to enjoy the fly without any concern . and RCEXL are have more than enough fact to show us that RCEXL are value brand . I'm glad MR Liang did not charge us for ADV fee when we use RCEXL ignition with his own brand

Old 12-22-2009, 10:38 PM
Super08
My Feedback: (2)

Good points Jack
Old 12-22-2009, 10:46 PM
rc_cdi

fireflynj is right.

I'm just so that consumers understand the distinction, but also said that he did not fake or bad. I am very fair.
Of course, in China, our company have our own five patents. And their own trademark rights, in particular measures to be taken. look RCGF it depends on the future development.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.