Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

15cc Gas RCGF engine information thread

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

15cc Gas RCGF engine information thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 09:26 AM
yearnin to Fly
My Feedback: (52)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 15cc Gas RCGF engine information thread

ORIGINAL: djsdog

Sorry for the misunderstanding (on my part).

I have a different problem than Mr. ghitt, I want (like many others) to covert to gas with the planes I already own and have just bought and not assembled. I was asking if someone with experiance with this (and other small gassers) would work for me without the necessity of me buying and experimenting with them on my own.

I enjoy this sight and will follow it to see others successes and failers with this engine in an attempt to get the full benefit of their experiances and will probably buy one and find a fit for it.

My question stands, will this engine first adiquately fit into a Hanger 9 P-40 Cowling and if so will it fly the bird. If I am on the wrong sight for this I will move on.

Sorry again ghitt!!!
Good morning, djsdog, can you please give me a call at 618-566-4102, I want to help you with your questions, and we can post the answers we get back on here, that way it will help others.

I want to go over the planes you have and the measurments and weights, and more so we can narrow down what needs to be done.

I am at the shop during the day from 9 am to 6 pm monday through friday, and 8am to 12 pm on saturdays.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:04 AM
djsdog

Thanks,

I call you in the next few days.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:02 PM
yearnin to Fly

Ok, I found this video on youtube, can anyone tell me where to buy one of these arf's at???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cls_h...eature=related

Also who here would be interested in have one???
Old 03-03-2010, 01:45 PM
cap_sized
My Feedback: (22)

ORIGINAL: gasrchobbyengines

Ok, I found this video on youtube, can anyone tell me where to buy one of these arf's at???

I think I've found it:

http://www.goldwingrc.com/en/ProductView.asp?ID=177

Old 03-03-2010, 02:41 PM
yearnin to Fly

ORIGINAL: cap_sized

I think I've found it:

That is it, It is shown in the video doing 3d with the rcgf 15cc Gas engine on it. I went and looked at the specs, and found out I have an aero works plane here the same size and weight.
Looks like its time to install an RCGF 15cc Gas engine on it, and see what happens!!!
Old 03-03-2010, 03:05 PM
cap_sized
My Feedback: (22)

I think I've found it:

That is it, It is shown in the video doing 3d with the rcgf 15cc Gas engine on it. I went and looked at the specs, and found out I have an aero works plane here the same size and weight.
Looks like its time to install an RCGF 15cc Gas engine on it, and see what happens!!!
Which AeroWorks plane?
Old 03-03-2010, 03:53 PM
yearnin to Fly

I think I've found it:

Which AeroWorks plane?
The one I am going to put the RCGF 15cc engine on is an aero works 540T edge .46.61 It is very close to the other plane.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:42 PM
NoFlaps
My Feedback: (131)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about on a great planes fokker D VII .60 ?
Old 03-04-2010, 08:12 PM
martin_solo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can some one post the dimentions of the RCFG 15cc and the 20cc ?

thx

Martin
Old 03-04-2010, 08:47 PM
ghitt
My Feedback: (45)

ORIGINAL: martin_solo

Can some one post the dimentions of the RCFG 15cc and the 20cc ?

thx

Martin
Here you go, enjoy. You will love these engines. Got mine from Gasrchobbyengines and he services what he sells and will make it right. I had a defective ignition on one and two days later I had one in my mailbox!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55007.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	1391216   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45235.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1391217   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ek14873.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	1391218   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ng10428.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1391219   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hs95532.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	1391220   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ja42259.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	1391221  
Old 03-04-2010, 09:01 PM
martin_solo

thanks ghitt !

Brodway, VA where is that? I lived in Virginia Beach from 84~98 and use to fly gliders out of New Castle near Roanoke.

Part of me is still living some where around 47st at the beach

Martin
Old 03-04-2010, 09:35 PM
ghitt
My Feedback: (45)

Broadway is 13 miles north of Harrisonburg, Va. In the mountains! Home of James Madison University.

Check out the Goldberg Tiger 60 build. That is what I am putting my 15cc in. When I get used to it I may throw in the 20cc, have both plus a 26cc that I am thinking of putting in a Senior Telemaster. Break in the 15cc on a 13-8 and then put on a 15-6 after a gallon. The power really comes out then!
Old 03-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Syssa Pilot
My Feedback: (7)

I have the Aeroworks Edge 540. Very happy with the motor, still not mbroken in but runs great. I think you are right on with the power comparison. Some pics of my setup, Dave

ORIGINAL: sidav

hi guys what would the eqivelent 2 stroke ..
So far, the output on the 15cc gas engine is just a little under the output of a OS 61 nitro engine, and close to the output of a 71 fourstroke engine.

I am still running the newest batch and I am waiting on the engines to get more broke in before posting the exact results.

I have several customers that have emailed me to let me know they are VERY happy with the performance of them.

I am getting ready to buils an aero works 46 61 size edge 540t so I can do more testing. I will post pics as I get the build up going.

remember once you go GAS, All you do is FLIP and FLY!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44664.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	1391253   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51011.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1391254   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej12140.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1391255   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sm28248.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	1391256   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wh57744.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	1391257  
Old 03-05-2010, 09:31 AM
yearnin to Fly

ORIGINAL: fitson

I have the Aeroworks Edge 540. Very happy with the motor, still not mbroken in but runs great. I think you are right on with the power comparison. Some pics of my setup, Dave

ORIGINAL: sidav

hi guys what would the eqivelent 2 stroke ..
So far, the output on the 15cc gas engine is just a little under the output of a OS 61 nitro engine, and close to the output of a 71 fourstroke engine.

I am still running the newest batch and I am waiting on the engines to get more broke in before posting the exact results.

I have several customers that have emailed me to let me know they are VERY happy with the performance of them.

I am getting ready to buils an aero works 46 61 size edge 540t so I can do more testing. I will post pics as I get the build up going.

remember once you go GAS, All you do is FLIP and FLY!!
Thank you very much fitson, for the pics you posted, I am just getting ready to start my build of the 540T .46. I am now really looking forward to getting it on the way!!

Also Thanks to everyone who is posting info and pictures on here. It helps all of us. I am very GRATEFULL for ALL of it!!
Old 03-07-2010, 07:16 PM
drypipe

Can you tell me if this new RCGF 15cc engine will fit into a 40 size Hangar 9 P-51 Mustang PTS? Can you also tell me do you know of any 40 size warbirds this engine will be able to fit into? My flying field is somewhat limited to 40 size airplanes for now until more trees are cut down.

DryPipe.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:25 PM
rhd-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

After about twelve hours of running , my 15 RCFG has a lot of play in the crank. It also is leaking on the bottom where the crankcase is split.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:39 PM
apalsson
My Feedback: (1)

Am I the only one who notices the high take-off and landing speeds and the excessive up elevator they needed in that attempted Harrier.
Isn't this an indication of an overweight plane for its size?
Old 03-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Syssa Pilot
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: rhd-RCU

After about twelve hours of running , my 15 RCFG has a lot of play in the crank. It also is leaking on the bottom where the crankcase is split.
Thats not good ,we will have to keep an eye out for those problems. What kind of oil are u using? What mix ratio?
Old 03-07-2010, 09:55 PM
rhd-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

Pennzoil air cooled. 32 to 1
Old 03-08-2010, 06:59 AM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: apalsson

Am I the only one who notices the high take-off and landing speeds and the excessive up elevator they needed in that attempted Harrier.
Could also be that the CG is too far forward (nose heavy). A while back I had a Wildhare Extra with one of Ralph's G62's on it. I had the CG set back but not too tail heavy. Some guy showed up at one of our fly ins with the same plane/engine combo. He was complaining that it landed super hot which was strange to me because mine just floated in. I told him to move the CG back a little. Don't know if he ever did though. Even when playing with the CG on my DR1, I experienced the same thing. Balanced per the instructions, it wasn't bad, but as soon as I threw in the heavy GI Joe pilot, she became more floaty on the landing. The need for excessive up elevator is the major clue that it's nose heavy though.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:37 AM
yearnin to Fly

ORIGINAL: rhd-RCU

The 15cc RCGF engine HAS a full 2 year warranty on it.

I have run my engines for more than 12 hours and so far no leaks. or any issues with play in the crank.

Feel free to call me between the hours of 9 am to 6pm monday through friday, central standard time and I will GLADLY help you in any way I can with any warranty needs you might have.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:45 AM
yearnin to Fly

ORIGINAL: apalsson

Good Morning, apalsson, I agree with you that there are some planes that are just too small for a gas engine to be put on.

I fly a Katana V2 .46 size plane and it floats right in for a landing, In fact it will 3D like no other plane I have ever flown. It has the 15cc RCGF GAS engine on it.

The only issues I have with it is, That I am getting used to, NO LONGER paying $30.00 dollars a gallon for glow fuel, having to spend 30 minutes at the end of the day cleaning the glow fuel slobber off the plane. It is SOOOO COOL, to fly all day on a quart or less of GAS!!!

Below is a picture of the plane I flew over the weekend, It has the RCGF 15cc gas engine on it.
Attached Images  
Old 03-08-2010, 09:56 AM
yearnin to Fly

ORIGINAL: drypipe

Can you tell me if this new RCGF 15cc engine will fit into a 40 size Hangar 9 P-51 Mustang PTS? Can you also tell me do you know of any 40 size warbirds this engine will be able to fit into? My flying field is somewhat limited to 40 size airplanes for now until more trees are cut down.

DryPipe.
Good Morning drypipe, Can you give me a call and I will do my best to help you with your questions. I do not have a 40 size p 51 that I can get measurements off of.

If you get a moment take a look at the Katana V2 .46 size plane I put a 15cc RCGF engine on. I have been flying it, and I like the size of the plane.

I have pictures of it in Post #: 32 . Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Remember once you go GAS ALL YOU DO IS FLIP AND FLY!!
Old 03-08-2010, 12:12 PM
drypipe

I have not yet purchased a H9 PTS Mustang and I'm not too sure of the fire wall dimensions? Is this the most critical measurement besides wing size dimensions? I was interested in converting this RTF warbird because I like warbirds, it is already built, it has a large wing area and includes a DX6i radio.
I'm not into 3D. As I always asy, if I want to hover, I'd purchase a helicopter. But can this particular Katana.46 fly like a sport airplane? If so, I will probably be interested if the PTS mustang is a no go.

Everyone now a days seems to be into this 3D? I just want to fly and have fun with no rules, no "Pattern to follow" and no judges.

Is there a 40 size airplane, as advertised by Zhejiang RCGF Model and Engine CO., out there for me so I May use this engine? Or is this claim by this company another sales gimmick.

DryPipe
Old 03-08-2010, 12:45 PM
apalsson
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: mrbigg
Could also be that the CG is too far forward (nose heavy). A while back I had a Wildhare Extra with one of Ralph's G62's on it. I had the CG set back but not too tail heavy. Some guy showed up at one of our fly ins with the same plane/engine combo. He was complaining that it landed super hot which was strange to me because mine just floated in. I told him to move the CG back a little. Don't know if he ever did though. Even when playing with the CG on my DR1, I experienced the same thing. Balanced per the instructions, it wasn't bad, but as soon as I threw in the heavy GI Joe pilot, she became more floaty on the landing. The need for excessive up elevator is the major clue that it's nose heavy though.
I agree with you there but also note where they are doing a loop and the plane falls out of the top of the loop. It looks like it runs out of power at the top.
The guy flying the plane seems to be a good pilot so I wonder if he would be flying a seriously nose heavy plane. It may of course be a combination of overweight, underpowered and nose heavy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.