Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Anyone know what a DLA 56 is?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 05:34 PM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone know what a DLA 56 is?

the parts they use to build them don't sound to bad,Jap bearings,carbon fiber reeds,walbro carb.
does DLE use Jap bearings?
Old 11-07-2010, 02:20 AM
bbrown2828
My Feedback: (76)

LOOK UP Bobby at Delta Rc Engines in Leland ms he is a dealer and takeS really good care of his customers... i had a warrenty issue on one bought from ibcinyou bought it from him was suppost to just have had 2 gall ran though it and he said he would continue the 2 year warrenty had problems with it since the first day it was put on the plane... anyways a long story short sent it back to mike once he put a new prop hub on it got it back still wasnt fix... messed with it for 2 to 3 more weeks to try ot get it to run right called him back wanting to get a refund or exchange and pay difference for a new one and he told me that he couldnt warrenty clueless and told me to call Dla man some customer support he has... so I contacted dla they contacted there other dealer had me send the motor to him and then they sent me a new one.... broke the new one in today after i got fuel to the carb it started in 2 to3 flips then from there on out it was fireing most of the time in 1 to 2 flips still running a little rich right now breaking it in a on lawn boy 32-1 should fly about a gallon though it tomorrow....... its going to be a great motor...
Old 11-07-2010, 02:25 AM
apalsson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bbrown2828
broke the new one in today after i got fuel to the carb it started in 2 to3 flips then from there on out it was fireing most of the time in 1 to 2 flips still running a little rich right now breaking it in a on lawn boy 32-1 should fly about a gallon though it tomorrow....... its going to be a great motor...
She will be even better if you drop the Lawnboy and use oil made for high performance air cooled engines, not lawn mowers
Old 11-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Ibcinyou!
My Feedback: (850)

Just for the Record! Blake Brown told me from the very beginning he has NO experience with gas engines! Problem #1 This was a used engine to begin with! Problem #2. If he wasn’t a Jerk I would have warranted the engine! Problem #3 Found another dealer to believe his story problem #4. Wanted full refund on a used engine! Problem #5
I fixed and sent back to him! Problem solved! If you want to try to put your reputation up against mine bring it on! Anyone out there in
RCU land should be concerned about doing business with Blake! He has listings selling DLE engines that he does not have in stock. He simply drop ships straight from China. He claims that he does all warranties? FYI
Old 11-07-2010, 08:30 AM
tomyrcmodels

good point
Old 11-07-2010, 08:44 AM
hanko

there is allways two sides to every story. The guy has to be a jerk for posting crap like that anyway
Old 11-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Somebody telll me what's "high performance" about a model airplane air cooled engne, compared to a 2 stroke air cooled lawnmower engine...Or a chainsaw....Other than the port timing....
Betcha in a running test an engine running on Lawnboy runs exactly the same as an engine on any other oil, providing it's tuned right in the first place....ANY oil/gas ratio.....It WILL run faster on 25-1 ratio....
Old 11-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not with a true synthetic it won't.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Why ?
Old 11-08-2010, 01:03 AM
bcchi

ORIGINAL: Antique

Why ?
o-no Not this
BC again.Been trying to call phone no will not work.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Ibcinyou!

What are you crying about? You got your way, quit while you are ahead! You received a NIB DLA 56 for a used one! Sounds like a good deal to me. What’s your problem now? Outside of the fact you want to try to sling mud on my reputation !!!! Blake Brown told me from the very beginning he has NO experience with gas engines! This should have been my “RED” flag from the very beginning. Don’t sell anything to a clue-less individual (lesson learned). Problem #1 It was perfectly running engine before we took it off the plane. How I’m I to warranty a perfectly running engine? Give him his money back on a used engine to begin with because of his lack of knowledge? I don’t think so!! Then he said he said he had problems with the prop hub, which I had him send back to me which I fixed, ran the engine again for a â€second time’ and sent back to him. (Chalk that up to poor customer service?) On my dime I might add! Blake basically doesn’t have a clue, hence the word (clue less) which he took the word I used out of context. Problem #2. He failed to mention in his nice little speech that himself and a so-called buddy of his had other problems with other items I sold him that were new in the package. I completely refunded his money back along with his buddy! (Chalk that up to poor customer service?) No question asked on my part! If he wasen't such a crybaby/jerk I would have tried to work out a solution on the so-called engine problem. Problem #3 Found another dealer to believe his crybaby story and stuck his nose in the middle of something he had no business of doing in the first place. (Making me out to be the bad guy) Problem #4. Wanted full refund on a used engine! Not going to Happen!!
My record/reputation speaks for itself! Any one can read for themselves! Yours on the other hand is highly questionable for sure!
Anyone out there in RCU land should be CAUTIONED about doing any business with Blake! Buying or selling! He has listings selling DLE engines that he does not have in stock. He simply dropships straight from China. He claims that he does all warranties. What a Joke!
There are people in life that no matter what you do it is not good enough, and then they want to turn the tables on you to make you look like the bad guy!

Old 11-08-2010, 03:34 PM
BadAzzMaxx

>>>
Old 11-08-2010, 03:39 PM
BadAzzMaxx

ORIGINAL: Ibcinyou!

What are you crying about? You got your way, quit while you are ahead! You received a NIB DLA 56 for a used one! Sounds like a good deal to me. What’s your problem now? Outside of the fact you want to try to sling mud on my reputation !!!! Blake Brown told me from the very beginning he has NO experience with gas engines! This should have been my “RED” flag from the very beginning. Don’t sell anything to a clue-less individual (lesson learned). Problem #1 It was perfectly running engine before we took it off the plane. How I’m I to warranty a perfectly running engine? Give him his money back on a used engine to begin with because of his lack of knowledge? I don’t think so!! Then he said he said he had problems with the prop hub, which I had him send back to me which I fixed, ran the engine again for a â€second time’ and sent back to him. (Chalk that up to poor customer service?) On my dime I might add! Blake basically doesn’t have a clue, hence the word (clue less) which he took the word I used out of context. Problem #2. He failed to mention in his nice little speech that himself and a so-called buddy of his had other problems with other items I sold him that were new in the package. I completely refunded his money back along with his buddy! (Chalk that up to poor customer service?) No question asked on my part! If he wasen't such a crybaby/jerk I would have tried to work out a solution on the so-called engine problem. Problem #3 Found another dealer to believe his crybaby story and stuck his nose in the middle of something he had no business of doing in the first place. (Making me out to be the bad guy) Problem #4. Wanted full refund on a used engine! Not going to Happen!!
My record/reputation speaks for itself! Any one can read for themselves! Yours on the other hand is highly questionable for sure!
Anyone out there in RCU land should be CAUTIONED about doing any business with Blake! Buying or selling! He has listings selling DLE engines that he does not have in stock. He simply dropships straight from China. He claims that he does all warranties. What a Joke!
There are people in life that no matter what you do it is not good enough, and then they want to turn the tables on you to make you look like the bad guy!

For some reason you are the one that keeps bringing this up so I will give my thoughts on his and your post.

First I will say I think the DLA is as good as any China made engine out there.

This is not about how good or bad a engines is it is about he said she said.

First, did you tell him you would give him a new engine warranty, If so it makes no difference what went wrong, if there was a problem with the engine it should have been taken care of. Makes no difference if he is a jerk or from the planet Zinus.

Now you make a statement that he has never had a gas engine and that should have made a difference in whether you sold him the engine or not.

If all you want to sell to are people who have experience with gas engines you are in the wrong business, A majority of people buying the less expensive engines out of China are doing it for the first time.

If you do not want to put up with the trouble of helping them go through there learning curve get out of the business of selling the engines.

Just some of my thoughts on both the post made about the engine.

Milton
Old 11-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Ibcinyou!

Milton,
Do you homework before you start pointing fingers. He started all these negative forums! Get your facts straight before you try and play peacemaker.
Sounds like you’re the expert! You’re completely entitled to your opinion! Sounds a little slanted or should I say directed at me only. You can read between the lines however you would like! I am not going to let some guy trash my customer service after the sale and not tell my side of the story. Just in case your interested, he started another forum trashing me and blocked me out from the ability to respond! Go figure! [&o]
Old 11-08-2010, 04:49 PM
BadAzzMaxx

ORIGINAL: Ibcinyou!

Just for the Record! Blake Brown told me from the very beginning he has NO experience with gas engines! Problem #1 This was a used engine to begin with!
Problem #2. If he wasn’t a Jerk I would have warranted the engine! Problem #3 Found another dealer to believe his story problem #4. Wanted full refund on a used engine! Problem #5
I fixed and sent back to him! Problem solved! If you want to try to put your reputation up against mine bring it on! Anyone out there in
RCU land should be concerned about doing business with Blake! He has listings selling DLE engines that he does not have in stock. He simply drop ships straight from China. He claims that he does all warranties? FYI
Glade to see some people think I am a expert, Ever look up expert in the dictionary.

Ex is a has been and the other half is a water drip. LOL

I was just posting what you said in your own PR statement as in bolt letters above.

You did not take care of the engine because he was a newbie and jerk. ?????

Did you tell him you would give him a full warranty on the engine

Now not pointing the finger at no one, just posting what I read in two post.

Both post seem to say the same thing about what happened.

Milton
Old 11-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Ibcinyou!

Milton, Are you his dad or something? Why are you asking? Are you that concerned about this or just sticking your nose into an area where it's none of your business? He posted the negative comments, which you can read for yourself! I replied to his negative comments You can take them however you may like. I do not owe you any other explanation beside what I have already explained. I appreciate so much that you are so concern that I am in the wrong business, All this wasted time and effort in futility
END OF STORY!
Old 11-08-2010, 05:25 PM
BadAzzMaxx

LOL

Posting on a public forum that you did not warranty a engine because the customer was a newbie and a jerk is really good PR for you and DLA engines.

Milton
Old 11-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Ibcinyou!

LOL

You’re absolutely right! DON'T post words that I never said! YOU SAID THAT NOT ME! And I thank you in advance for the PR
Now Please stop wasting my time!
Old 11-08-2010, 05:48 PM
BadAzzMaxx

OK

Milton