Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Anyone know what a DLA 56 is?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 01:43 AM
dale691

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know what a DLA 56 is?

Just came across this today, is it made by DL/DLE or is it another new engine brand?

[link]http://unitedhobbies.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10898&Product_Name=DLA-56_56cc_Gas_Engine_5.6HP/7600RPM[/link]
Old 02-13-2010, 02:23 AM
apalsson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Anyone know what a DLA 56 is?

ORIGINAL: dale691

Just came across this today, is it made by DL/DLE or is it another new engine brand?

[link]http://unitedhobbies.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10898&Product_Name=DLA-56_56cc_Gas_Engine_5.6HP/7600RPM[/link]
Dale,

DLA is a copy of DLE. New to the market and largely untested so far.
Made by Feiomodels in China
Old 02-13-2010, 02:49 AM
jedijody

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is not related to DLE in any way, it is a DLE copy of inferior design and quality.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:40 AM
apalsson

ORIGINAL: jedijody

It is not related to DLE in any way, it is a DLE copy of inferior design and quality.

Jody, if it's a copy, wouldn't the design be pretty much the same?
I also seem to recall comments from you that they use DLE pistons? (DLE stamped inside the skirt)
Old 02-13-2010, 03:52 AM
jedijody

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Planform yes, design and execution of individual components, materials, tolerances, workmanship,etc., not necessarily. Yes the ones I've seen had a genuine DLE55cc pistons, one part does not make an engine, the DLE55 mark is part of the casting, not stamped. Don't know where they got the pistons, maybe left overs from before their distributorship got pulled, another vendor, or maybe even the company that casts them for DLE, who knows, DLEwon't sell them anything.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:12 AM
dale691

Thanks for that good to know, won't be buying one of them then. Love both of my DLE engines a 30 and a 55. Keep up the good work.

Cheers Dale
Old 02-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

apalsson,

You live almost next door to the country of origin. You ought to buy one or two and let everyone know how it works out. Beats guessing they would be the same as another brand, right?
Old 02-13-2010, 01:02 PM
apalsson

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

apalsson,

You live almost next door to the country of origin. You ought to buy one or two and let everyone know how it works out. Beats guessing they would be the same as another brand, right?
Umm ... not quite next door
I think it's around a 9 hour flight

Old 02-13-2010, 01:49 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

wow that is a low price
Old 02-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Closer than us. You're about a 13-15 hour flight from my location.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:25 PM
edwal07

Well, well! Inferior design and quality? I would not quantify that statement, even though I got the DLA from you that you are talking about, yet you assured me it was a good motor! I completely disassembled the motor after I got it from you and did not see or notice anything inferior. The design is nearly a match match with DLE.. It has Japanese bearings not china bearings. Tolerances are good, end play is good! It comes with Rxcel ignition! The quality, well, let me say I am impressed as I now have about 2gal of gas thru it and it has performed flawlessly. First start of the day with 2 flips of choke and then no choke the rest of the day within 3 to 4 flips. 1450rpm at idle with a 22X8 and 6975rpm at WOT after 2 tanks of gas. Great transition excellent vertical on an 18lb airplane! Time will tell, seems as if something is said about a particular new brand or design it is automatically taken as gospel. I have never disagreeded with you before but this time I take an exception!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:28 AM
clivemc

the first DLE was also 'inferior quality' but it is now become a time proven brand name.
DLA is new, who knows time will tell. maybe it will do well too..............
Old 09-10-2010, 11:04 AM
BadAzzMaxx

I know the 56 and 112 I got for testing ran great, Did have to reset the timing on the 112 but the factory has told me they corrected that.

Here is a pic of the 112 turning a 27-10 carbon fiber prop.

Close to 6700 rpm and I am not trying to sell them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99788.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	1498385   Click image for larger version

Name:	Li20878.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	1498386   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88243.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	1498387  
Old 09-10-2010, 11:29 AM
BadAzzMaxx

ORIGINAL: dale691

They are not made by DLE but a spin off of them.

Just noticed that Hobby King went up on there prces and they are now more than a DLE on there site.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:54 PM
edwal07

I believe the DLA is a good engine from what I have seen so far. But it has to earn respect to gain a spot in the marketplace. All it takes is some of us who have them to fly them at the field and sooner or later the word will get around. Also it depends on who the one is that is doing the flying and where, as in all things commercial. It's a piece of crap until Mr. Joe Flyer sponsered by Way Up Yonder flys it at the Nats, or some big shin-dig. Then the name is out and everyone is just drooling to have one.
I stand my my Motto: It don't have to be expensive to do what I want it to. I don't have to be a "Brand Name" guy. Or just because Sam the neighbor has one I have to have one also. Shop around, there are bargins out there, a plane dosen't have to cost a $1000 to fly good or have $200 servos for normal everyday flying. Now Pro is something different, however remember most of the Pros have sponsors, and all of that money is not coming out of their pocket.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:59 PM
BadAzzMaxx

ORIGINAL: edwal07

I believe the DLA is a good engine from what I have seen so far. But it has to earn respect to gain a spot in the marketplace. All it takes is some of us who have them to fly them at the field and sooner or later the word will get around. Also it depends on who the one is that is doing the flying and where, as in all things commercial. It's a piece of crap until Mr. Joe Flyer sponsered by Way Up Yonder flys it at the Nats, or some big shin-dig. Then the name is out and everyone is just drooling to have one.
I stand my my Motto: It don't have to be expensive to do what I want it to. I don't have to be a ''Brand Name'' guy. Or just because Sam the neighbor has one I have to have one also. Shop around, there are bargins out there, a plane dosen't have to cost a $1000 to fly good or have $200 servos for normal everyday flying. Now Pro is something different, however remember most of the Pros have sponsors, and all of that money is not coming out of their pocket.
[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 09-10-2010, 03:44 PM
edwal07

ORIGINAL: BadAzzMaxx

They are not made by DLE but a spin off of them.

Just noticed that Hobby King went up on there prces and they are now more than a DLE on there site.
Wonder why they went up? Maybe the demand is starting to increase. See, word is getting out!
Thanks for the "thumbs up"!
Old 09-10-2010, 03:49 PM
edwal07

Still waiting on RCU to put DLA in the review list so I can do the review on the 56cc.

Did the review on the Nitro Planes Ultimate 50cc, it's under their review right now. Should be published soon. I have a listing in the User Review Forum titled Ultimate 50cc and DLA56 Full Build if you want to check it out. Lots of Pictures. And a link to video on YouTube of the maiden flight.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:23 PM
apalsson

I stand my my Motto: It don't have to be expensive to do what I want it to. I don't have to be a ''Brand Name'' guy. Or just because Sam the neighbor has one I have to have one also. Shop around, there are bargins out there, a plane dosen't have to cost a $1000 to fly good or have $200 servos for normal everyday flying. Now Pro is something different, however remember most of the Pros have sponsors, and all of that money is not coming out of their pocket.
Agreed!

There was a lot of song and dance trying to condemn this brand when it first appeared but I think it is gradually proving itself as a reasonable engine. In saying that though, the proof will be in the pudding when it comes to after sales support which is what has let down so many fledgeling Chinese engine manufacturers and their ongoing desire for that "big order".

We have all too many times seen new engines launched and be developed into reasonable units, mostly through input from the distributor of that time plus the user community. The manufacturer then thinks it sees an opportunity to double sales by adding another dealer or distributor and typically without any consultation with the incumbent. (two distributors sell twice more than one, right??)
As an example, I get almost weekly e-mails from Feiomodel asking me if I want to be a Distributor in Australia, yet I am well aware that another company is in ongoing negotiations with them and has only recently placed a decent stock order.

What subsequently happens is the original distributor who by this time has spent untold $$$ on product development, marketing, support and stock walks away and the cycle starts all over again.
Additionally, most of those manufacturer are trying to minimize cost and maximize sales to be able to meet the never ending western thirst for cheap prices and as a consequence, parts are not available and the product gradually gets a more and more questionable name.

This is an absolute shame because in all fairness, many of the engines coming out of China over the last couple of years have not been bad. Clash of cultures and business ethics has done much more to destroy them than product quality (or lack there of)

We have all witnessed this so many times. The listing is long, FTL, HH, GRPRO, RCG, RCGF, XYZ, DZY, JC, MT, and on it goes.

Only time will tell if DLA will suffer the same fate!
Old 09-10-2010, 05:03 PM
BadAzzMaxx

Right now that is one of the big problems I see with the DLA is getting service for them.

I was sent a PM saying there was a company in the US that was servicing them but could not find anything on there sight about it, From what I seen they are not stocking the 56cc so I don’t know if they have parts to service them.

I seen a couple post that someone had a warranty problem and as I know the manufacture took care of it, But the parts had to be shipped from China.

Buying them from Hobby King and you probably will get service but it takes months to get it all worked out.

One thing about a lot of these engines is the parts are farmed out and parts for most of them are made by the same company in China.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:26 PM
BadAzzMaxx

apalsson
Is 100% right about the manufacture supporting there dealers with parts for service, This has hurt more than one manufacture from really making a good showing of there products.

I truly believe if JC had jump on there problems sooner and gave good parts support it would be out selling most any China made engine out there.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Ibcinyou!
My Feedback: (850)

Hi guys, Look me up if you need parts or service for any of the DLA engines. 32, 56, 112

Thanks Mike
www.ibcinyourc.com
Old 11-03-2010, 09:00 AM
hanko

Well, well! Inferior design and quality? I would not quantify that statement, even though I got the DLA from you that you are talking about, yet you assured me it was a good motor! I completely disassembled the motor after I got it from you and did not see or notice anything inferior. The design is nearly a match match with DLE.. It has Japanese bearings not china bearings. Tolerances are good, end play is good! It comes with Rxcel ignition! The quality, well, let me say I am impressed as I now have about 2gal of gas thru it and it has performed flawlessly. First start of the day with 2 flips of choke and then no choke the rest of the day within 3 to 4 flips. 1450rpm at idle with a 22X8 and 6975rpm at WOT after 2 tanks of gas. Great transition excellent vertical on an 18lb airplane! Time will tell, seems as if something is said about a particular new brand or design it is automatically taken as gospel. I have never disagreeded with you before but this time I take an exception!

Looks like some one got caught with their pants down, good one guy, I love it
Old 11-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Ibcinyou!
My Feedback: (850)

LOL
Old 11-05-2010, 12:17 PM
hanko

Whats a matter Jodi, cat got your tounge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.