Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

Old 03-01-2010, 01:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

Cool,.. Shiny, ( to the last post on the first page )
I'll pop my head in every now and then. Now if they can just make planes that will take a small canister for the size motors that we are working with. That's the next thing the ARF manufacturers need to do :-) 15cc,17cc,20cc,26cc,30cc,32cc,35cc,38cc
Did I miss one or two?I think some of the manufacturers better be taking a good look at that. Can't wait to get my hands on the new stuff looking forward to.

Are we done with the Aerovate Engine thread?
Old 03-01-2010, 06:52 AM

ORIGINAL: apalsson

ORIGINAL: Tseres
Can you post a link to that exhaust that you are talking about for all of us to see? Thanks.

Hahaha ... and risk the wrath of Aussiesteve and Piston for posting a link to another supplier form their thread ?
I'll do one better ... here is a photo of the gadget !
Oh heck! Steve and Henry don't sell stuff like that. If they want to sell them, then put me down for one.
That setup looks like the ticket for pitts mufflers that come loose. Hum. Not that any of mine ever did. [:@] What do the mounting brackets look like for the can.

Andy. Yes I can probably make something. That may be an option if I didn't have a plane in the box waiting for time to put it together.
Right now I have another Extra to get ready to fly. Finish the P-47. Then put the other plane together, unless an engine mysteriously shows up at my door step. Then all bets are off.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:43 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered an Aerovate 26cc from a place called Hobby Horse. I'm a little confused as I don't see a 26cc on Henry's site, just the 28. Can anyone enlighten me? Did I make a boo boo? I got caught in the Brilleli mess last time I tried to buy and engine on line, but at least used a credit card this time.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:58 AM

Henry is selling the JC28cc now and its supposed to be more powerful than the 26cc rcgf is! I think if you look
at the top post here and one of the last posts on Aerovate Steve explains some things about this.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:00 AM

Thats the first post page 1 on this thread sorry
Old 03-01-2010, 11:20 AM

The 28cc was built to be stronger and is a little shorter then the 26cc so its a little more versatile. It has been found also you can take the carb off the back and run it side carb, you just need another insulator block. The 28cc engine also comes with a RCEXL ignition the RCGF comes with an RCG ignition? I'm not sure what thats about but I'm sure its cost cutting!

Andy
Old 03-01-2010, 11:41 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Andy

All our engines will be coming with the new RCEXL ignition system, which we think is uber cool.
We also hear that RCEXL will be coming out with ignition systems that are good for 12volt. That will be a blessing for all of us!!!

The current RCEXL system that is out there only needs 4.8 v to operate effectively. You don't need more. If you go over the 6V threshold, you take the chance of frying the ignition. At least with a 12v threshold, you can use the lipo's and A123 (or equivalents) and not have to worry about your ignition system. Hey RCEXL.. PLEASE hurry!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm35108.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	1389203  
Old 03-01-2010, 11:51 AM

Henry,

That great news !!! Alot of people like using Lipo's and A123 so that helps! I also like the tach wire, very nice option. I'm glad the folks @ RCEXL are keeping up the good work , and you guys can supply good ignitions!

Andy
Old 03-02-2010, 01:38 PM

Hello everybody,
Henry, i did received my 56cc and flown it today   it will let you know. it fired up at the first flip !!! i let it turned some 5minutes periods at about 2300 rpms, them i flew it  15-20 mintes, still rich but cool, i used a xoar 22x10 carbon, around 6000rpms at the first full throttle check, then i have not tack it again... i will let you know.
is there some people with yda 56cc returns? (oil mix fuel used, prop used, settings, rpms...) something
anyway, THANKS AGAIN to STEVE and HENRY for their great job, and for the care they take to their customers !!!!
also, is there some people with 112cc returns ???? as i'm going to look for one soon

Henry, Steve, if you are looking for a really good "seller" right here in france, i know one of the most professionnal seller here, he have had a look to my 56cc and said it was well made and interesting also maybe you can talk about that

Enjoy your flights

PS : do somebody know a nice servo, for the wings of my 2.70m 100cc yak 54 (i need 4servos). i'm not looking for the best one, just something around 8-10kgs torque power each, good speed at 6volts, no wears and reliable thanks

Manu
Old 03-02-2010, 02:15 PM

I forgot
Steve, Henry, what about the 56cc and the 112cc videos ?
Old 03-02-2010, 03:29 PM

Hey Manu
Glad you got the engine okay.
1. Fuel ratio - 40:1 is okay
2. 22/10 or 23/10 props - okay
3. Don't run the engine rich... lean it out...
4. Have lots of fun with it!!!

THANKS for the offer for bringing the engines over to France!!!! We will keep in touch.

The videos are coming..... we are having snow days here in the north country of USA... Steve is having heat days (no flying because of fire warnings). He has been trying for the last 2 weeks to get up into the air with the engines. Hopefully the weather will cool down a little there, (hell and warm up a little here too).

Cheers
Henry

Old 03-02-2010, 04:29 PM

Hey Henry,

No problem with the deal in france, the guy is a mechanics engineer like you and knows a lot about engines, also he is a real good man. he is prettyr the ones here in france in selling big models , he doesn't sell small ones, just big and good quality like aeroworks DA .... many of his customers are professionnal people. 
he told me he was maybe intersted in testing your engines, maybe to have a good "mid DA price engines", for customers like me  ( he doesn't sell DLE engine because of their poor quality he said, but the yda intersted him)
also, his website is  : http://www.versaillesmodeles.fr/  and his email is <font color="#999933">[email protected]</font>&lt;script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"></script&gt;  his name is ROMAIN, tell him you are the designer of the yda 56cc he saw with Manu.

regarding my 56cc, it just turned around half an hour today (a little more than 1 liter fuel) , i did tuned it a bit. i don't understand, as with the other one it need to be opened an more than 2 turns on the high speed needle, and around 1 1/4 on the low one. is it normal? i don't want to lean it too much on the high one at the moment ( the engine seems to slow down under 2 turn on the H)
i will try to tune it better the next time

PS : on the 112cc manual you advise propellers from 22x8 to 23x8 range ??? normal???
Manu

Old 03-02-2010, 09:56 PM

Weather looks promising in Indiana. Took my electrics out today and got some stick time. I think I might try the Extra with the 56 on Thursday.
It got up to a whopping 38F today. The forecast said it was going to be sunny with 6mph winds.They weren't quite right about that. It was partly cloudy and about 12mph winds. We had a good time regardless. Its been a long and $#!+! winter. Even flying electrics a person can get rejuvenated.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:00 PM
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Piston

Hey Andy

All our engines will be coming with the new RCEXL ignition system, which we think is uber cool.
We also hear that RCEXL will be coming out with ignition systems that are good for 12volt. That will be a blessing for all of us!!!

The current RCEXL system that is out there only needs 4.8 v to operate effectively. You don't need more. If you go over the 6V threshold, you take the chance of frying the ignition. At least with a 12v threshold, you can use the lipo's and A123 (or equivalents) and not have to worry about your ignition system. Hey RCEXL.. PLEASE hurry!!!
Henry, I'm just a little confused.
Beyond the ignition change coming, what happened to the "new and improved" 20cc engine that was supposed to be in the first week of March? Is it still on or are you going a different direction now?
I'm so confused at this point, that I ordered an engine from you a week or so ago, and I don't know if I'm getting the 26cc or the 28cc now, or who actually makes it (I don't have it yet).
Old 03-02-2010, 11:12 PM

Hey Hiflight

The new YD-A 20cc is coming!!! Steve is finalizing the details of the engines prior to releasing the details, specs and photos. Good things are worth waiting for! Engineering and design sometimes take longer than expected. But stay tuned... things are close at hand.

Call me tomorrow! Let me get you an update on the engine (JC 28cc) delivery status.

Cheers
Henry
Old 03-03-2010, 12:52 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Hello all, Can anyone out there help me find out the measurements on the new 64cc twin? I am at the point in constuction of my BUSA Supercub that I really need them.I realizethey wont be available for a while but if I can get the mounting specs. This engine will be pefect I think. Thanks Lacy
Old 03-03-2010, 04:04 PM

Hey Lacy

Right now, Steve is in the end game of running the engines and doing his sign-offs. He will be done soon.
He will release the specs at that time. He is running the crap out of the engines to ensure that all design specs are being met and/or exceeded. We will only get one chance at this.

I can tell you that Steve could easily be a member in the Circque du Soliel group as one of the lead jugglers!!! He has got a lot of stuff in the air (pun intended[:-]).

Steve is also working at finalizing the specs for the 64cc. To give you a generalization of the width it will be in/around the 9" mark. It is very similar to the 52cc ([link=http://www.rcaer.com/pages/files/RC Aero 52cc Twin Operations Manual 2010.pdf]52cc Specs and Manual[/link]).
I do know that he has been fudging around with the cylinder design too, making tweaks and tucks.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but this will change very soon too.

Cheers
Henry
Old 03-03-2010, 04:23 PM

Thanks Henry, u no you told me that on the phone last week, but I wasnt listening I guess. But the specs on the 52 arent real clear on length to back of drive washer, tho it does give total to end of prop bolts and I think distance back from there to back of prop. The width will be fine as there is right at ten inchs width in the cowl. Thanks and tell Steve not to worry to much with all those other size engines just consentrate on those sweet 64 twins LOL(just kidding guys) Lacy
Old 03-03-2010, 04:32 PM

Hey Lacy
No worries... The one thing I can tell you is that the dimensions front to rear are going to be a lot less.. why??? The carb will not be located in the rear. It will be a slung carb. Hope this helps!
Cheers
Henry

Old 03-03-2010, 06:15 PM

Tom,

We won't be having any of that flying stuff up here ! Its been up to 45 at my house but there is allot of snow. Where the snow was now there are a few lakes! I've got my Big Stik ready but I'm waiting on the airfield to dry out. I'm getting the batteries charged so I can start leaving a plane in my car.

Andy
Old 03-03-2010, 06:21 PM

Thanks Henry, Good to hear,and thanks for the quick reply. I can go ahead with the firewall etc. still plenty to do. I actually prefer the underslung carb. so thats another plus for this powerplant for my big supercub. Lacy
Old 03-03-2010, 09:32 PM

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz

Tom,

We won't be having any of that flying stuff up here ! Its been up to 45 at my house but there is allot of snow. Where the snow was now there are a few lakes! I've got my Big Stik ready but I'm waiting on the airfield to dry out. I'm getting the batteries charged so I can start leaving a plane in my car.

Andy
It got up to 45F today also. The winds picked up to 20mph. The field is wide open in the winter. There is no place to hide unless you get back in the truck.
If the winds don't die down then it will be very uncomfortable for a guy that hates the cold. (That's Me) I don't know if I can adjust the needle valve with my teeth chattering hard enough to keep my hand shaking. Will find out tomorrow. We have pretty good drainage on the field. It was pretty firm yesterday. unless it was stil frozen.[&:]
Old 03-03-2010, 09:40 PM

Yea it was only about 60F here today with winds at 5-6mph but I tried to deal with it!!! Its supposed to be
mid 60's on Thursday and Friday I think I will get the JC28cc out of the box and run it!! YIPPIE!!
Old 03-03-2010, 10:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Q500RC

Yea it was only about 60F here today with winds at 5-6mph but I tried to deal with it!!! Its supposed to be
mid 60's on Thursday and Friday I think I will get the JC28cc out of the box and run it!! YIPPIE!!
Man you should have had that ready to go. You might miss the nice days at that rate.
It'll be mid fifties here this week end. That feels like summer this time of the year. I might even start my 28. I don't have a kill switch for it so no flying it.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:51 PM

Got the Extra in the air today. Made 3 flights with it. The same story you have read about before. I had a heck of a time starting it the first time. It's out of adjustment but ran great. It did die on us on landing after we landed. It really only died when Bob was landing it.[sm=lol.gif]
Seriously. It was hard to start for the first time but after that it started normal. Vertical was till I throttled it back cause it got real small and I had a hard time seeing it. Did some rolls and loops. Did a short hover way up high. Pulled out no problem. Not bad for not being quite right on the needles.
Had another great day at the field. I'm happy again.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47580.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1391123  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.