Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

Old 06-29-2010, 09:08 AM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

Piston, I don't need another engine right now, still haven't ran my 28 ,but after all this good news I better get a hammer to break that "piggy" bank. Bill
Old 06-29-2010, 10:16 AM

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

I can't wait see what the new 23cc is like as I am in need of an engine of that size and something hopefully in a smaller and lighter package than my EI Zen G23, but from the sound of things that could be a Christmas present if I'm lucky.

Karol
Old 06-30-2010, 03:06 AM

karolh I'm with you I bought a Aeroworks .60-.90 Extra 300 and I see they are in and I wanted to do a build forum on the plane and the 23cc but like you sounds like it will be christmas at the earliest if then. I might have to go a different direction with the plane.[&o]
Old 06-30-2010, 07:29 AM

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

That AW Extra is one of the models that I have on my short list, however I plan on waiting, hopefully not for too long for the 23's release as I suspect it really might be something more than the current run of the mill engines from you know where.

Karol
Old 06-30-2010, 08:00 AM

karolh and erieqc

I know what you are talking about when it comes to having a plane ready and waiting for an engine. In This case I think it'll be worth it.

erieqc- Doing a build thread on an AW Quick Build plane is like blinking your eyes. It took 2 days to get my plane this far. and I have the servos and linkages installed and programed. Plan on a short story. If you do let us know so we can follow along.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47020.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	1460866  
Old 06-30-2010, 08:29 AM
My Feedback: (23)

I guess I should not have sold my RCGF 23cc that I was going to put into my P-51, I thought June right around the corner I can have in the air by July. Yeah, July 2011! Yes I know it makes all good buisness sense but it is still a let down. So now what do I go out and buy a sub par engine or let my engine ready plane sit a collect dust. Not very happy
Old 06-30-2010, 11:58 AM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Tseres

ORIGINAL: aussiesteve

Told ya you would like the news

It makes sense for this to happen. The main customers are ''over there'' where you guys are.

Henry - I thought you were releasing the one between 37.5cc and 40.5cc first
[sm=omg_smile.gif]He told me not to be to hasty and rip the sticker off of my Cowl on the Extra. It makes sense now.
It is safe to say that the next one will be between 37.5 and 38.5 cc.[sm=wink_smile.gif] I guess.[sm=teeth_smile.gif]
So, are we back to having a 38cc coming out? I guess, I'm not following.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:57 PM

Hey Stagevil29

We are going to produce engines were the market is. The "38?cc" will be able to easily carry airframes from 33cc - 49cc. Don't think that a couple of cc will prevent you from using this engine for a 40-50cc something airframe and tearing holes in the sky. It most certainly will. The engine is tuned for mid range performance.

I am prepping my Kangke Texas Hurricane for this engine. It calls for a 50cc, but the engine will be perfect for this airframe.

Cheers
Henry

Old 06-30-2010, 02:58 PM

Piston,
Thanks for the heads up. The 38cc'ish was what I wanted from the get go. I was bummed when I was told that it wasnt going to be produced a few pages back in the thread. I guess the Super Decathlon and the Waco are going to have to sit sadly in the corner for a while longer.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:59 PM

Congrats Henry! wating to here on the 23,have great nib plane for demo if she fits nice,good luck!
Old 07-01-2010, 03:22 AM

Henry I guess the strait up question we all want to know is are you going to market a 23cc engine or not if so what will be the time frame ?
Old 07-01-2010, 08:10 AM

Hey erieqc
Your question is perfectly legit!!!!

Here is what we are thinking (Steve, and I )
He and I are finalizing details on the transfer of technology right now. Then we are taking the engines to the production stage. As you know Steve has been running the snot out of the engines for the last 8 months or so. There are few surprises. The designs are proven. We are tweaking the designs for production right now...

We want to bring ONE engine size out at a time. Why?
1. Economics is first.... It is NOT an inexpensive proposition.
2. Focusing on one engine to ensure that the quality, build, performance and cost structure are soundly in place.

Once the first size is out, we can start on the next. Remember.. the designs ARE DONE and PROVEN.....

Go back and re-read #1 and #2

NOW.. to answer your question succinctly.

A. We will be bringing out the 30ish cc (hahahah... I will release the official cc next week)...in late August/September. Working production samples are due in early August for final trialing.... and then it off for production.
B. Once that engine is out and running and gaining the audience we know it will get, we will repeat the process for the 20ish cc engine... Working production samples are expected in early September, with release about a month after that....

C. Then we will start charting some other engine sizes that we are considering (twins).

But the focus is on the first engine right now.
I do hope that I have answered the question for you......

Cheers
Henry

Old 07-05-2010, 07:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[sm=72_72.gif]
Old 07-07-2010, 09:19 PM

Henry.

Are you packed and ready for the trip to Oz? Don't break your arm and get a cast on it while you are there. Unless you want a longer vacation.
Have a great trip and bring back some samples of those engines.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 07-07-2010, 09:59 PM
MTK

ORIGINAL: Piston

Hey erieqc
Your question is perfectly legit!!!!

Here is what we are thinking (Steve, and I )
He and I are finalizing details on the transfer of technology right now. Then we are taking the engines to the production stage. As you know Steve has been running the snot out of the engines for the last 8 months or so. There are few surprises. The designs are proven. We are tweaking the designs for production right now...

We want to bring ONE engine size out at a time. Why?
1. Economics is first.... It is NOT an inexpensive proposition.
2. Focusing on one engine to ensure that the quality, build, performance and cost structure are soundly in place.

Once the first size is out, we can start on the next. Remember.. the designs ARE DONE and PROVEN.....

Go back and re-read #1 and #2

NOW.. to answer your question succinctly.

A. We will be bringing out the 30ish cc (hahahah... I will release the official cc next week)...in late August/September. Working production samples are due in early August for final trialing.... and then it off for production.
B. Once that engine is out and running and gaining the audience we know it will get, we will repeat the process for the 20ish cc engine... Working production samples are expected in early September, with release about a month after that....

C. Then we will start charting some other engine sizes that we are considering (twins).

But the focus is on the first engine right now.
I do hope that I have answered the question for you......

Cheers
Henry

I am interested in the 38-45 cc which ever comes out. My application will require a tuned pipe and would prefer a rear induction and rear exhaust. If the engine is not configured as rear exhaust, will you produce a return to center header? Can you give me a good weight estimate? Prop sizes you expect it to turn. I am very interested in the mid range torque you folks continue to claim over the pages. My application will live in mid range so this is obviously important to me

Thanks in advance
Old 07-08-2010, 08:44 AM

Hey MTK
We are finalizing manufacturing details now. As mentioned we are hoping to get production samples in the hands of our testers for early august. They are then going to run the snot out of them, to give us the final okays. Production will commence directly right after that.
The engine will be 38cc size...... but don't let that size be any indication of what it will do.

The engine will be a perfect engine for the 35- 50cc category of plane. It will have a single nut prop attachment to make things really easy. The prop shaft is 10mm.

The engine should be weighing in about 40 ounces. Props sizes - 18 -10, 20-8 , to 22/8. Mid range torque will be in the same league as the 28cc, 56cc, 112cc engines... awesome.....
Warbird and scale guys are going to love this engine.

To give you another taste of what the new 38cc will do....here is some news from what the 28cc is doing.

I posted in another blog, that Steve Thomas of XOAR North America is flying an ESM Lavochkin LA-80" with our 28cc engine
Here is a picture and description (from TBM website) TBM - ESM Lavochkin LA-80".

Wing Span: 80" (2032 mm)
Length: 65" (1650 mm)
Wing area: 67.39sq. ft (68.7 sq dm)
Wing Loading: 37.2 oz/sq. ft (113.6 g/sq. dm)
Flying Weight: 16.9 lbs (7700g) *Weight Information
Radio: 6ch & 8 servos
Gas Engine: 38cc to 50cc

Steve Thomas who is the North American distributor of XOAR Props, built one of these BEAUTIFUL Russian LA-7 arfs, and installed the JC 28cc into it. He has over 25 flights with this combination and he is absolutely impressed with it. According to him, the plane flies will a lot of authority and more than enough power.

BUT....
In the above specs.. notice the engine use suggestions.......and notice the weight... Steve's plane is about 17.5 pounds all up.
Every time he flies the plane, the guys are convinced he has one the YD-A 56cc engines in it.... He loves seeing their expressions when they find out a 28cc is running it.

I am trying to get some pics of his L7 and I will post them.
This engine is a powerhouse.

Hey Tom... I am all packed and ready to fly off to meet up with the guys in the land of OZ....I am hoping to have the engines in my hands shortly after my return...

Cheers
Henry

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22113.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1465019  
Old 07-08-2010, 09:15 AM
MTK

Hey MTK
We are finalizing manufacturing details now. As mentioned we are hoping to get production samples in the hands of our testers for early august. They are then going to run the snot out of them, to give us the final okays. Production will commence directly right after that.
The engine will be 38cc size...... but don't let that size be any indication of what it will do.

The engine will be a perfect engine for the 35- 50cc category of plane. It will have a single nut prop attachment to make things really easy. The prop shaft is 10mm.

The engine should be weighing in about 40 ounces. Props sizes - 18 -10, 20-8 , to 22/8. Mid range torque will be in the same league as the 28cc, 56cc, 112cc engines... awesome.....
Warbird and scale guys are going to love this engine.

To give you another taste of what the new 38cc will do....here is some news from what the 28cc is doing.

I posted in another blog, that Steve Thomas of XOAR North America is flying an ESM Lavochkin LA-80'' with our 28cc engine
Here is a picture and description (from TBM website) TBM - ESM Lavochkin LA-80''.

Wing Span: 80'' (2032 mm)
Length: 65'' (1650 mm)
Wing area: 67.39sq. ft (68.7 sq dm)
Wing Loading: 37.2 oz/sq. ft (113.6 g/sq. dm)
Flying Weight: 16.9 lbs (7700g) *Weight Information
Radio: 6ch & 8 servos
Gas Engine: 38cc to 50cc

Steve Thomas who is the North American distributor of XOAR Props, built one of these BEAUTIFUL Russian LA-7 arfs, and installed the JC 28cc into it. He has over 25 flights with this combination and he is absolutely impressed with it. According to him, the plane flies will a lot of authority and more than enough power.

BUT....
In the above specs.. notice the engine use suggestions.......and notice the weight... Steve's plane is about 17.5 pounds all up.
Every time he flies the plane, the guys are convinced he has one the YD-A 56cc engines in it.... He loves seeing their expressions when they find out a 28cc is running it.

I am trying to get some pics of his L7 and I will post them.
This engine is a powerhouse.

Hey Tom... I am all packed and ready to fly off to meet up with the guys in the land of OZ....I am hoping to have the engines in my hands shortly after my return...

Cheers
Henry

Thanks for the response Henry, 40 ozs will be heavy in my application (2 Meter pattern). Would there be room to lighten it? Looking for around 35 ozs for engine only, header, pipe, and CDI excluded. I have the ZDZ 40ccF3A version and it is too heavy at 41 ozs. But the ZDZ will turn a 19x13 at useful rpm on pipe (around 7100)

Can you comment on pipe use? Rear or side exhaust? If side exhaust, would you be able to build me an RTC header? Would love to use Avgas in my engines....will the engine be compressed enough to allow this use?

Thanks
Old 07-08-2010, 09:31 AM

Hey Matt
The weight is in the area of 40 oz.. this is all up weight... and we will work on this over the next week or so...Going lighter on material and you run the risk of more problems. I am sure that aussiesteve can add to this...HEY STEVE....
I don't see a problem with the engine producing more rpm than the zdz either.

The RTC headers is on our books to look into also, regardless of if we go with rear or side. These can be used for the 28cc and 56cc too. More on this soon.

Cheers
Henry

Old 07-08-2010, 10:03 PM

I am hoping to have the engines in my hands shortly after my return...

Cheers
Henry

Need a helping hand?
Old 07-08-2010, 10:30 PM
MTK

Hey Matt
The weight is in the area of 40 oz.. this is all up weight... and we will work on this over the next week or so...Going lighter on material and you run the risk of more problems. I am sure that aussiesteve can add to this...HEY STEVE....

The RTC headers is on our books to look into also, regardless of if we go with rear or side. These can be used for the 28cc and 56cc too. More on this soon.

Cheers
Henry

Henry.

With "All Up Weight" do you mean engine, CDI with wiring and muffler? If yes, then weight would work super in my application
Old 07-08-2010, 10:35 PM

Need a helping hand?
Hey Tom, .... can't you see what's happening here?

Henry's heading over this way .... will have the engines by the time of his return .... Aussie engines ....... hmmmm ..... 2 plus 2 =

Only kidding !
Old 07-09-2010, 08:17 AM

ORIGINAL: MTK

Hey Matt

Cheers
Henry

Henry.

With ''All Up Weight'' do you mean engine, CDI with wiring and muffler? If yes, then weight would work super in my application
I think that is what he meant.
I think he is starting his big adventure today and may be out of commission for a couple of days.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:19 AM

ORIGINAL: apalsson

Need a helping hand?
Hey Tom, .... can't you see what's happening here?

Whatever do you mean?[sm=shades_smile.gif]

[sm=lol.gif]
Old 07-09-2010, 09:01 AM

Sorry Guys for miss leading you I had my days wrong. Todays only Friday. Henry isn't leaving till Saturday.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:31 PM
My Feedback: (271)

Hey guys as many of you know the YD-A engines are a great engines choice to bolt to project. Talking with Henry he is going to start the company off right where it was left off. Building great engines with fantastic midrange. I am more then pleased with the 112s and the 28 that we have. I know he has great plans for this company is really willing to work at making these engines a common name at the flying fields.

We will be joining other giant scale flyers here in Florida for some vertical drag races. I am sure that the 112 will hold its own with the known big dogs on the market now. We are really looking forward to what YD-A is bringing to the table and are stoked to be running an engine of this quaility.

Tom

P.S. Herny have a great trip and I will be looking forward to hearing from you when you get back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.