Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

Old 08-12-2010, 08:00 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

Hey laryboy

Sorry about the phone problem with ya!! ... the phones have been ringing all day long with no problems... so far that is... I just called the office too.. all seems well...

Hey Tom (from plane addicts)...
I am looking forward to hearing about your experiences and comments when you change the prop over to the 28/10. Congrats on your IMAC performances. I will be seeing you guys in October at the [link=http://www.franktiano.com/MonsterPlanesFrameset.htm]Monster Planes USA - Oct 9 -11[/link] event!!

Cheers
Henry

Old 08-12-2010, 09:28 PM
My Feedback: (271)

We will be there Henry. How long are you planning on being in town and are you setting up a booth. I will also keep you updated on the prop front. The weather has been bad here the last few days Its time for the weather to clear up so I can have some more fun. I also have some IMAC practice to do lol.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:38 PM
My Feedback: (2)

ok.....thanks henry.....i was trying to track a jc 28 that i orderd a few days ago.......larry cummings
Old 08-12-2010, 11:11 PM

Hey Guys!After long wait (much longer than Ihoped for) the planes are in.You've seen what the JCcan do in the MX2. It would be excellent in the 30cc sbach also, and that's what Tom is putting in his.

Here's a photo of the planes all up and orgainzed. I'll probably be doing an order in the fall too.If you guys have some suggestions on types of planes and features you'd like to see, please email me and letme know. Always like hearing feedback

Henry, the engines came today!Thank you again!

Tim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60797.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	1483174  
Old 08-12-2010, 11:16 PM
My Feedback: (44)

Glad to hear that things are going good for you RedWing!!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:38 PM

Thanks Johnny Zero!  Finally going a bit smoother after some delays at the factory.  Henry has been a big help, and great friend in all this
Old 08-13-2010, 05:52 AM

Yes! Got my Confirmation #. The 28 won't be lonely for long.
I'll have installation updates as soon as I can.

Hey Tim. Which one of those brown boxes is mine. Oh Sorry, I forgot, mine is on the way.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 08-13-2010, 08:06 AM
My Feedback: (16)

OLD TOM, Might I ask what plane your nice new JC28 will go into?, size , wt ect? thanks, Bill
Old 08-13-2010, 08:30 AM

ORIGINAL: RCplanman

OLD TOM, Might I ask what plane your nice new JC28 will go into?, size , wt ect? thanks, Bill
It is the Redwing 30cc Sbach.

The 28 isn't new however. I already had it in the 91" w/s Cub that I clipped to 84". Way to much power for it. The engine is pretty much broke in and should be perfect for the Sbach.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Piston

Part 2 of 2

I hope ya enjoyed Part 1... Here now is the good stuff.......

The New YD Aero Engines

OKAY… the new engines…. we got a couple of them that is for sure….

YD Aero 60cc engine
a. Engine weight - 52 ounces
b. Rpm range - 1200 - 10,000 - normal range will be 1200 - 8000 rpm
c. Prop Range - 22/10 - 26/8 (the warplane guys will LOVE these. they are a perfect 80cc single cylinder replacement engine - the mid range torque is amazing).
d. Gas/oil mix - 40:1 - synthetic or organic.

Henry how about some pics or a video of the test 60 - i'd love to see the mid-range torque.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Piston

The YD Aero engines that we will be introducing over the next couple of months aren’t actually new in the sense that the designs are new and just released. Far from it actually.

All these engines were designed and prototyped last December. They have been in constant use for the last 9 months!! They have been flown under all conditions, and yes, most have been crashed. Dumb thumbs and running out of gas seemed to be the big two reasons too!
The engines have been flown by IMAC experts, sport flyers, Sunday flyers, beginners, seniors etc etc. Steve made it a point of letting anyone who could SEE let alone fly the opportunity of flying the engines and garnering their opinions.

I also would love to see some actual pictures of the 60cc and some video.

I bet you should have some good ones with them being tested over the last 9 months.

Thanks
Old 08-13-2010, 07:22 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Hey All

60cc Pics coming early next week...
Production ready samples being delivered to my warehouse next week too (depending on fedex timing). We are going to be wringing out the engines to ensure that they are 100% ready for wide scale introduction. If all goes well as expected we will be good to go.

We are excited about all the new engines coming on stream.

Production ready 38cc engines are coming to our warehouse 2nd week of September for the same treatment. Production ready 23cc shortly thereafter.

We are confident that these engines will be manufactured right ... but since the factory is about 8000 miles away...we will confirm process, materials, and design elements and ensure everything is it should be.

Cheers
Henry
Old 08-13-2010, 07:44 PM

Henry
That sounds great and looking forward to the pictures of the engines that will be coming off the production line.

But I and I think a lot of other people would like to see a picture or vedio of the engine that has beeen in testing for the last 9 months, not one that is coming off the production line in a week or so.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the test engine

Thanks
Old 08-14-2010, 02:24 PM

c'mon Henry

im eager to see this thing - has this thing actually been run on a test bench or flown yet? or are we just hearing hope about theory of the design.
The chinese are so good at saying we have a new XXX being tested - but they never send you any pics, probably beacuse they dont have any made yet, they are just creating hype and testing the "idea' with the public...................
Old 08-14-2010, 02:38 PM

It would even be nicer if we could see some pics or vedio of the 23cc and 38cc that have been in the testing stage for 9 Months
Old 08-14-2010, 02:48 PM
My Feedback: (23)

Milton,

Don't hold your breath waiting [sm=72_72.gif] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DR
Old 08-14-2010, 03:20 PM

Oh WOW
Do you think I would suffocate if I did.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:06 PM

With all due respect to the previous posters, posts 911-915, I am curious to know the direction this thread is taking. I am not an industry insider and do not care to be. I am simply interested in learning as much about gasoline engines as I can before moving to gas from glow. That said, are the previous few posts concerning the business ethics of Chinese manufacturers and the way they treat their dealers and distributors? Or is there some other agenda intruding on this thread. I mean no ill intent. I just want to find out about the engines. Thanks
Old 08-14-2010, 05:24 PM

Just come in from flying my 56 in the W/H Extra. You guys are familiar with it. It's 90F outside and pretty humid. There was a friend of mine flying his Yak with a well known and popular 50 in it. Yes it also has a D in the name. The performance was almost Identical. Hard to tell apart. Both had Xoar 22-8 beach props. Static RPM was the same.
I would have one Question to some of you. Why do you try to find fault with things when it has been proven to be at least as good as the rest? Some might even say the best.

How many of you actually own a 56. I do and I can prove what I say. I think you guys should be happy to have another option.

Henry. Good luck with the new acquisition.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:13 PM

First to answer Old Tom

There is nothing in any off my post about the 56 or the 112.

From what I have seen they have proven themselves to be a good engine and was designed, manufactured in Austria and originally distributed and sold by the original owner of YDA engines, Steve known here as aussiesteve

Now to Fouro
Will answer your post with a quote from the first post made on this thread.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:36 PM

ORIGINAL: aussiesteve

Hi all
Due to some confusion regarding the range of engines previously sold under the ''Aerovate'' name in North America by RC Aero Products and under the various manufacturers name by myself in Australia / Oceania. It is time to start this thread up.

As the agreement between the company that legally owns the Aerovate name (for their UAV business) and the previous seller of engines with that name seems to have expired, I guess it is time to let the various brands stand on their own two feet.

At YD Models Australia , We import and distribute the JC engines from China (28cc, 53cc and 106cc - also referred to as ''Area 51'' etc) into Australia / Oceania as well as manufacture the YD-A Engines in Australia. Previously we have sold other brands but they are no longer part of my business due to some decisions made by the factory owners of those brands.

RCAero handles some of the JC Engines lineup as well as the being the exclusive (North AND South) American importer of YD-A engines RC Extremepower is also a distributor of the JC Engine lineup. Hopefully those companies will chime in and introduce themselves

Please feel free to post on the brands we handle here. Please keep it friendly and we wil do our very best to answer your technical queries.

As I have posted on the previous thread - ''Watch this space'' for some new and exciting innovations coming to you soon.

Ok Here we go
As to the words that I did in bold in the quote above.

I am Milton Thompson owner of RC Extreme Power and was the first person to ever test, Make suggestion for changes, import and sell JC engines.

There is another thread about this. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9922775/tm.htm

Following what Steve ask in the post above I am just trying to give truthful information about JC engines.

About 3 ½ months ago I was told by JC Engine that he would be designing and manufacturing a 60cc engine and wanted some input from me and I also know of about 3 other people who gave there input.

The last conversation I had from JC Engine is it would be ready about the end of this month and was I interested in selling it, I said yes I would after I had one and did some good long extensive testing on it.

So it was agreed and he said he would sent one to me when he finished his design and manufactured some of them, I know a couple others who also were to get one for testing.

Now if you go back a few pages you will see someone posted that they were coming out with a 60cc from JC Engine and it was there soul design and had been in testing for over 9 months.

There is no agenda here just trying to get somebody to tell how a engine has been in testing for 9 months when as of right now no one has even had one in there hand.

This might be one of the best engines that has ever been produced and I hope it is so the people who get the first ones without any testing on them(Genie Pigs) are not let down.

So without using word games and side stepping let the Genie Pigs line up.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:46 PM

BadAzzMaxx. I think I see where you are coming from.

The difference is that the business changed hands. To bad Steve couldn't keep going. I know he has his reasons and I for one respect his decision. I'm sure that we aren't privie to what went on over the last year. I for one take my hat off to Steve for giving it a go.

The good thing is that we still have Henry behind a product that is not 100% YDA but it has its origins from it. I personally don't know How I Feel about that yet. I do know that I consider Henry a friend and a person who has stood behind everything that he sold me. If that is what it takes for him to keep going then I will support him. I bought 3 different brands of engines from him over the last 2 years. YDA was my favorite. The others were right there with it. He stood behind all of them.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:00 PM

BadAzzMaxx

Thanks for your reply and clarification. I must admit I was not as concerned about the parties involved as I was interested in the performance and reliability of the engines. I had seen some video of a 23cc being tested on a Kangke 25% Cap. Thanks again for the clarification.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:06 PM

Nice to meet you Milton.

I will be paying close attention to what goes on here. But I'm not going to comment anymore on the who said what. I always get into trouble when I do that.

My main thing right now is I'll be giving you guys a report on the set up of JC-28 in The Redwing Sbach. So I apologize ahead of time for butting in on a friendly conversation with a report on the Sbach.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:43 PM

Yes this is tough for all of us waiting on the new line! After all of the buildup prior to Toledo
with a supposed release of late April or early May then it was June and now Sept. it has been
a long wait for sure!

However TOM is right some things unexpected has caused this delay that has everyone so
frustrated! I believe Henry is just as anxious as we are for the release of these engines!!!

This is quit possibly the kinda thing that Henry and likely Steve didn't see coming!

And now they are trying to deal with it as fast as they can BUT at the same time ensuring
that the product will be what we are looking for! And in the end I think that is what we will
see and in a few months.

I feel we will be like ole TOM in here talking about how awesome these new motors are and
laughing about the wait saying man these engines sure were worth waiting for!!! Just my 2 cents!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.