Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

Old 07-05-2011, 05:48 AM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

Hi Joe,

Please give me(Steve) a call at Bobs Hobby Center in Orlando - 407 277 1248 and we will be happy to advise you.

Thanks

Steve
Old 07-05-2011, 04:31 PM
My Feedback: (271)

Jaless,

We would be happy to help you with your motors. You can give us a call at 352-346-2609.

Tom
Old 07-06-2011, 07:22 AM

Hey folks it seems this thread has about dried up so where are all of you engine guros hanging out now days? Any certain engine thread???
Old 07-06-2011, 10:48 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Probably out flying their planes, with good running engines in them!  I know I am, I own a JC 28 evo, purchased from Henry a while back, and it's still running great!<div>
</div><div>T.J.</div>
Old 07-07-2011, 11:11 AM

LOL T3 thats the truth. I have been flying my 30,60 and 120 from JC with good results. We have the 30 and 60s in stock and I am testing the 120. So far I love all of these engines.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:32 AM

ORIGINAL: plane addicts

Jaless,

We would be happy to help you with your motors. You can give us a call at 352-346-2609.

Tom
Tom, Thanks for the offer but I contacted Steve and he will assist me in getting the problem corrected.

Thanks Again,

Joe
Old 07-08-2011, 09:07 AM

NP Joe hope he gets you straightened out.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:25 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Derjager aka Steve

Need some help with CM-6 plugs, I think I have had my first plug go bad, it appear's picked up a miss and reduced RPM pulled plug on the hot end it is a little gray which tells me the carb was a little lean, But at the porcelainbace it looks like hot gas burn see attached pic or is this normal on these little buggers first go arround with them I will replace it any way but just looking some guidance

Cheers Bob T
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92974.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	1635720  
Old 07-16-2011, 06:58 AM

No that is not normal for the sparkplug to do that.

How old is that plug. I would just change it and adjust your carb so you are not running so lean. It is possible that you just got a bad plug.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:13 AM

Ok many of you guys know that we are the new JC engine dealer/distributors in the US.

Before Henry left we were doing testing for him on both his line of motors and the JC engines. When he disapeared it was uncertain what was going to happen to the JC line. We saw alot of progress being made on every front from the company. So my father and I picked up the line.

We will also be the service department for the motors. This means there is no more sending the motor to a third party business to handle your problems. There will be a few advantages to this one. Your warranty will be handled by the sorce of the motors and second we will be able to give the factory feedback on what is going on with the motors.

We will also be beta testing the motors to make sure our customers get the best quality products that we can offer.

Right now we have the new JC 120 on a plane doing testing with it. After running it for a while we pulled it apart to have a look. Kevin sent us a new gasket set so we wouldnt have to use the old ones or make new ones. Here are some pictures of the motors internals.

Also the new line of engines is the 30cc 60cc and soon to be 120cc.

The 28cc and 51cc are discontinued by the factory.

Tom
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59733.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1635864   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82030.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	1635865   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty64467.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	1635866   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55292.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	1635867   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41542.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1635868   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr40492.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	1635869  
Old 07-16-2011, 07:15 AM

Here are the specs on the new motors.

JC Engines 30cc
Engine specs :

-Engine type : 2—Stroke gasoline engine Displacement:30cc

-Bore Ă— Stroke: 36mm Ă— 30mm park plug:

-NGK CM6 or JC CM6

-Carburetor: Walbro special-designing vacuum pump diaphragm type duplex needle carburetor

-Max power : 4.0hp/9000rpm Practical running speed : 1100 - 9000rpm Net

-Weight : 1100g (incoulding CDI and muffler)

-Ignition system : CDI battery ignition (battery voltage: 4.8v—6v)

-oil ratio : 25-30:1 used during the break-in (the initial 2 working hours); 35-40:1 used after the break-in.

-prop size : 18*8, 18*10, 19*8, 19*10

-3 yr warranty<

Jc 60 evo
Engine Parameter:

- Engine type : 2—Stroke gasoline engine Displacement:60cc Bore × Stroke: 45mm × 38mm

- spark plug: NGK CM6 or JC CM6

- Carburetor: Walbro special-designing vacuum pump diaphragm type duplex needle carburetor

- Max power : 6.0hp/7500rpm Practical running speed : 1100 - 7500rpm

- Net Weight :1740g (incoulding CDI and muffler)

- Engine:1440g, pitts:180g, Ignition:120g, Ignition system : CDI battery ignition (battery voltage: 4.8v—6v)

- oil ratio : 25-30:1 used during the break-in (the initial 2 working hours); 35-40:1 used after the break-in.

- prop Chart : 23*8, 23*10, 24*8, 24*10, 25*8

- Pitts style muffler

- 3 year warrenty

Here are the new motors specs so everyone intrested has them.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:59 AM
My Feedback: (16)

TOM, I'm not a engin guy-so you should know that. The pictures are nice BUT ,if you want to check the enginewouldn't you pull the engine so you can hold it
in your hands to really look at it. I did notice darkness around the ring/cly top-is that burnt? I sure do hope the J C line works out for you & your father. Bill
Old 07-16-2011, 09:13 AM

Hey Bill,

The head was never ran. In fact that head was used as a display head for a large show. what you are seeing is a coating discoloration from when they did the chroming. I took a picture of this one so people could see a clear view of what the internal structure of the head looks like.

As for the motor being on the plane. I did completely remove the motor from the plane to inspect it. The photo with the red rag is with the back case removed.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions please let me know. Sorry I wasn't a little more clear on when and what the pictures where of.

Tom
Old 07-16-2011, 11:48 AM

Tom

I suppose the real problem here is TRUST! Nothing to do with you and your father at all its Kevin at JC that no one trusts as I can see it!!!
Example: I have a friend that has one of the few remaining show teams here in the USA that is still sponsored by AMA as I understand it.
He bought one of the YD-A 112's from Henry and it came apart on them at a show I believe if i'm not mistaken and it cost them a plane!

Now I know Henry has disappeard but both he and Steve Thomas at Bob's Hobbies have tried to help him get it replaced on numerous
occasions over the last months and to this point as I understand it Kevin hasn't been willing to do anything about getting that motor replaced with a
new motor! Now that isn't the kind of factory support that anyone wants from the OEM in my book! And by AussieSteve's posts on what was wrong
with these motors we know they were shipped and sold to the distributors like your self that bought and sold these engines in good faith to
all of us end users out here in the r/c hobby!

Once again I don't think thats the kind of OEM most would want to do biz with! As for you and your father I wish you the best of luck with the line! However we
know how its worked in the past though with Henry and Steve and AussieSteve so I don't see much of an opportunity with you dealing with JC (Kevin) I'm afraid its just a matter of time
before you and your customers are let down as well!
Old 07-16-2011, 01:06 PM

Plane addicts

It is the original plug in a YD-A56 that I got from Henery at Toledo 2 showa back. I have been using for brake in, pump gass and a good ashless 2 cycle oil, The engine has 2 hours run break in on it first hour on the bench and the rest flying a 1/3 weeks, 22 X 8 Zor prop.

As of to day I have switched to my reg/fuel ave/gas 100 and klutz syn oil.
Got the bird out to the field new plug and started tweeking carb for RPM with out the cowl got a good solid 6750 also for what ever reason the engine is hard to start, but once it is running it seams fine good idle 1650 to 1700, good transition.
So any help is greatly appericated

Cheers Bob T
Old 07-16-2011, 02:09 PM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hard to start - is usually lean on the low speed screw
Old 07-16-2011, 02:20 PM

Yup seems lean on the low side. My YD-As started with a few flips.

Like I said I would change the plug tweek the needles till you are running right. Max RPMs are not what you are looking for. I have always used the rule of thumb to get max RPMs then richen up the high end till I see about a 200 RPM drop. This should get you close in the ball park on the settings. If you need any more help just let me know.

Tom
Old 07-16-2011, 02:28 PM

We have gotten great service from Kevin even though he is over seas. I know there was alot of drama with the JC line and Kevin took the brunt of the punishment and it seems he has been made into the scape goat. However, I think like ever story there is more to it than what is told. It is easy to blame someone else for short comings. However, it takes a real man to stand up and tell the whole story.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:45 PM
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: plane addicts

We have gotten great service from Kevin even though he is over seas. I know there was alot of drama with the JC line and Kevin took the brunt of the punishment and it seems he has been made into the scape goat. However, I think like ever story there is more to it than what is told. It is easy to blame someone else for short comings. However, it takes a real man to stand up and tell the whole story.

Did you have someone in mind? I'm not trying to pick a fight, just curious if there is a "rest of the story" here?
Best of luck to your business.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:55 PM

I agree RCVFR did you have someone in mind Tom that can tell us another story with facts?? I know AussieSteve has told his story
and indeed Ari has as well not to mention Steve Thomas at Bob's hobbies! Gary or Skymaster we call him owner of the Skyhawks R/C Showteam
is a good guy as well he was the one with the 112 YD-A that I spoke of.

It almost sounds like maybe you are a bit bias at the moment as most know all of these folks I've mentioned here in RCU and to my
knowledge they are all respectable people!!! Funny no complaints with any of them I know of and all these complaints with Kevin at JC!
HUMM let me see now who has the most credibility?? And who is it you speak of that isn't standing up and telling the truth??

Please Advise!
Old 07-16-2011, 04:33 PM

W8ye and plane Addicts

First thanks for your help and suggestions

I hear you on max RPM I guess my concerns are this is my first rear carb engine all of my outher engines are G-62's and old G-38, just don't want to run this critter to lean
One of our outher club gasser guys says I should put a tube on/over (solder) the hole on the carb diafram cover and run a piece of tubing into the fuse did this on the G-62's and it did solve a pumping problem. So?

Cheers Bob T
Old 07-16-2011, 05:11 PM

Not going to get to involved but when JC got involved with RC Aero and YD-A I lost about 90% of my interest in these products. It goes back to really wanting an Area 51 and seeing all the problems Milton and "Driesbabe" were having and now others. Seems like there is a history here.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_76...36/key_/tm.htm
Old 07-16-2011, 06:18 PM

So lets see what sort of a "man" Kevin at JCreally is.

Not trying to get involved here as the last few posts really seem to have said it all. Badazzmax, Aussiesteve and others certainly have had their say, what a shameHenry hasn't had the gall to stand up and have his say.

Last time I looked, JCengines was offering a 3 year warranty on thier website for their engines. As their official distributor, Iguess planeaddicts will help out the people left with the problems delivered from JCengines to get their warranty. After all, the factory pays for warranty issues doesn't it? This would be a good marketing thing for plane addicts if they could do that and it might help increase that trust again.

My money would be on it not happening though.
JCEngines must be getting close to doing their usual disappearing act.

Also looking at the picture of the 120. Isn't that the YD-A crankcase? We were made aware some time back that JCengines had stolen the codes for it and provided engines to another brand with his "Area" cylinders fitted to them.

Planeaddicts, Ihave one last question for you. In one post you say this. It indicates you are showing photos of the internals of an engine that has been run.

Right now we have the new JC 120 on a plane doing testing with it. After running it for a while we pulled it apart to have a look. Kevin sent us a new gasket set so we wouldnt have to use the old ones or make new ones. Here are some pictures of the motors internals.

3 posts later you say this

The head was never ran. In fact that head was used as a display head for a large show. what you are seeing is a coating discoloration from when they did the chroming. I took a picture of this one so people could see a clear view of what the internal structure of the head looks like.

My question is this.

Why didn't you post pictures of the head that had been run? Is there a problem being hidden from us?.

Sorry but to me it seems that this is another of those "We are better than the previous people who dealt with this brand and we can solve all of the issues." statements.
Ihope you and your father don't get burnt like your predecessorsseem to have been burnt.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:46 PM

I am reading some of these post and LMAO.

It would take most of the night to post what I went through with these engines and what happened when Henry was supposed to have JC cut me off for parts because he was going to take care of warranty problems.

People asked what happened to Henry, I think he run out of money trying to take care of the problems he had with them, He was having to pay someone to do the repairs where I was doing my own repairs when i could get parts and was out only my time and shipping cost. The last time I figured it i had spent a little over $1,500.00 just in shipping engines back to customers.

Now on a positive side the Area 51 turned out to be a very good engine after all the changes were made and Kevin did not ship them with old parts that were known to fail.

I still have people contacting me wanting one of them.

Milton
Old 07-16-2011, 07:03 PM

ORIGINAL: BadAzzMaxx

I am reading some of these post and LMAO.

It would take most of the night to post what I went through with these engines and what happened when Henry was supposed to have JC cut me off for parts because he was going to take care of warranty problems.

People asked what happened to Henry, I think he run out of money trying to take care of the problems he had with them, He was having to pay someone to do the repairs where I was doing my own repairs when i could get parts and was out only my time and shipping cost. The last time I figured it i had spent a little over $1,500.00 just in shipping engines back to customers.

Now on a positive side the Area 51 turned out to be a very good engine after all the changes were made and Kevin did not ship them with old parts that were known to fail.

I still have people contacting me wanting one of them.

Milton
+1

It is the unknown quantity of exactly which engines will get "watered down" with old parts that is the scary bit for the dealers.
KEvin knows exactly what he is doing - he is selling product for which he got paid in full. He has no reason to offer any support when the product goes bad - he already has his money.

I truly do wish planeaddicts and Bobs Hobbies the best. I just hope that when KEvin lapses back to his old habits, he doesn't sting them out of money they can't afford to lose. The link posted earlier is nearly 2 years old to the day. Seems this is a bi-annual event when it comes to JC engines. Maybe Kevin will chime in on this thread and make his offer for fixing the products like he did on that last thread.

And yes Ropomond - it does look like he has used the CNC codes that are my intellectual property - again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.