Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

CRRC GP26R 26cc How to increase throttle transition.

Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

CRRC GP26R 26cc How to increase throttle transition.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Basil Yousif
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CRRC GP26R 26cc How to increase throttle transition.

I have a CRRC Pro 26 and I am thinking about getting a CRRC GP26R 26cc which looks like a great engine -mounts like a regular glow engine comes with the mount and has a rear carb for those mustangs and other small cowel warbirds.
The only thing I notice with the pro 26 is that the throttle transition isn't like a glow engine. It's a fast quick responce for a small amount of throttle movment. Is there any way to upgrade the carb to get the response more like a glow engine.
Attached Images  
Old 04-10-2010, 11:48 AM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: CRRC GP26R 26cc How to increase throttle transition.

Was just talking about this in another post. Seems to be pretty typical for gas. Look into setting up a throttle curve on your radio. It works kinda like exponential on a flying surface. Dulls that sensitivity from idle to quarter stick, spreads it out further to make it more linear.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Basil Yousif

That's what I kind of thought. So the curve you would configure in the radio would cause a slower travel time in the lower throttle movment. Where is the thread that talks about it.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:51 PM
DimKap

Hi,

I install the CRRC PRO GP 26R in my new seagull decathlon 120.
Look here: http://www.aeromodelling.gr/ForumS/i...topic=14737.15
With this layout the throtle is very smooth.

Sory for my English, Dimitris.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:54 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: Basil Yousif

That's what I kind of thought. So the curve you would configure in the radio would cause a slower travel time in the lower throttle movment. Where is the thread that talks about it.
There's not a lot to go on here, other than a couple of others on the same page regarding how to fix the issue:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_76...44/key_/tm.htm

As mentioned there, I tried a couple of different mechanical solutions, with pretty limited success compared to what I was really looking for. If you decide to go this way, imagine a lot of how you proceed will have to do with how your radio is set up.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Basil Yousif

Nice setup DimCap I really like the motor I think I'll get one. Someone should have thought of making a well priced 26cc gasser that mounted like a regular glow engine. The only one out there is the GX26 which after getting the muffler will run you $550. Then if the ignition unit ever dies you have to spend $250 for a new one. You'll most likely never see the quality difference unless your flying your plane 20 times a day.

What type of gasoline do you use my CRRC Pro asks for high octane fuel. I can only find 92 around here. Does the new GP26R also require high octane.