Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Fuji bt24a break - in

Old 07-28-2010, 02:52 PM
HUNTERANDJEFF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuji bt24a break - in

I have a new Fuji bt24a. Can you break these engines in using synthetic oil? I have heard that you must break them in using non synthetic oil so the rings will seat then re-break using the synthetic oil that will be used for the life of the engine.
I have read almost every post on here on this and have read that some guys have broken in this engine with as low as 75:1 mix! I have read alot of variants from 25:1 all the way up to 75:1 on synthetic for break in.
Seems that this engine is very tough and it doesn't really matter what you break it in with as long as you use a good quality oil, and don't run it very long and hard for the first gallon or so?
I was planning on using a good quality synthetic oil and 97 octane gas for break in and use the same oil for the life of the engine if the rings will seat using this. What are your thoughts?
Old 08-04-2010, 07:42 AM
frenchie79

Default RE: Fuji bt24a break - in

I use Lawn Boy Non Synth. oil 32 to1. one Gallon Standard Gas, very your throttle, then switch to a good Synth oil at 40 or 50 to 1.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:36 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just follow the instructions and use the oil mixtures stated there. Don't go by what you have "heard". Such info is almost always wrong.

You can use a wide-variety of oil products. Your best bet is regular two-stroke oil mixed at 40:1 to start out...just like many other engines. If you try to get too "cute" with fancy oil blends and thinner mixtures, you may wind up with a ruined engine...or at least operating difficulties.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:42 PM
HUNTERANDJEFF

Ok, I have another question Bax,
I fuel the plane up, and when I choke the carb and turn over the prop a dozen times or so, no fuel draws to the carburetor. I can put my starter on it and it starts right away and runs excellent throughout the flight. I would like to be able to prime the engine by choking either with the butterfly or plug the carb intake with my thumb but when I do that it doesn't draw fuel to the carb - just when I use a starter. My taurus engine (52cc) draws fuel emediately when I choke the carb and turn the prop why is this one not doing the same? It runs excellent and starts easily with the starter but not by hand - what's going on here?
Jeff