Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

CH Ignitions

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 07:13 PM
palmac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CH Ignitions

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Rotec\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_f ilelist.xml" /><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" name="country-region"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><xml><w:worddocument><w:view></w:view><w:browserlevel></w:browserlevel></w:worddocument></xml><xml><w:latentstyles deflockedstate="false" latentstylecount="156"></w:latentstyles></xml><style type="text/css"></style><style type="text/css"></style><style type="text/css"></style><style type="text/css"></style><style type="text/css"></style><style type="text/css"></style><style type="text/css"></style><style type="text/css"></style><style type="text/css"></style>

Hi Guys,
My company here in
<st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on"></st1lace></st1:country-region><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">Australia</st1lace></st1:country-region><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on"></st1lace></st1:country-region>has been buying ignition components from CH for 20years. We mainly buythe loose bugs, three core wire, and Dean's plugs and we assemble these ontoour own products.
I have just realized that CH is closed! This poses a problem for me asI need to place an order for these parts ASAP. Does any one know if Terryis still running CH while Bill regains his health?
I don’t understand why Terry could not run the business for Bill, as CH seemslike a fairly small operation?

Would Terry still be at CH if they have been closed for severalmonths? What would be the likely hood beof CH reopening?
Any advice on the supply of these items would be greatly appreciated.

<o></o>

Paul.

</meta></meta></meta></meta>
Old 01-11-2011, 07:21 PM
jedijody
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bill is in the hospital now for at least a couple of days. Send a PM to TKG on this site to get his take. Other than Bill piddling around to keep from eating to much I'm told they are done for good. Send BCCHI a PM also, I'm sure he'll get back with you when he gets back from the hospital in Billings, MT, I know he still has some inventory.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've tried asking about repair work for CH units a few times and have never recieved a response since they've closed up so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

With all due respect, most of the internals of the CH units were changed over to RC Exl boards and chips a little over a year ago. The custom stuff remained purely the old CH but not the new. There's still a market for a high quaility "domestic" ignition unit that could fit several applications. Largely because the Chinese products cannot even be considered for various reasons. There are many areas where dealing with the Chinese is prohibited because they will not honor non disclosure sgreements and they could cut off supply on a whim, which they have been known to do.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

you can buy circuits and components from Xu Liang at rccdi.com
Old 01-12-2011, 09:02 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Antique

you can buy circuits and components from Xu Liang at rccdi.com
Thanks Antique. That Xu Liang person must be a pretty good guy.

Capt,n
Old 01-12-2011, 11:49 AM
tkg

I've PM Paul about things.
For those who might be interested in what he does.
www.rotecradialengines.com
For the criminally insane, click on R2800 choppers
Old 01-12-2011, 03:31 PM
jedijody

That's awesome!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Jezmo

WOW neat stuff.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:52 PM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Paul,
I have to have one more surgery,then maybe can get some work done.Terry is no longer at C&H. I will not reopen C&H but have parts to sell. Send me a PM.
Thanks BCCHI
Old 01-12-2011, 06:55 PM
bcchi

Hi Jody ,
Not in hospital this time. I escaped.They are going to set up time to do a new surgery.
BCCHI
Old 01-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After looking at the Rotec site I decided I'm working at the wrong place. Too cool!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:21 PM
wyo69cowboy
My Feedback: (2)

I saw those bikes in Cycle World or some such magazine, but to hear them run is awesome! Now that's what I'd call a CUSTOM chopper...
Old 01-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Bass1

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

After looking at the Rotec site I decided I'm working at the wrong place. Too cool!
Yeah, and after looking at that site I've decided I'm flying the wrong size planes!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:37 AM
captinjohn

I wonder if that shinny as crome MonoPlane is flown at all, to air shows around the USA. I would think it would bring a lot of attention.....and paying customers to see it for real!!!! That big Radial engine that looks likeyou could eat off it, is something to behold. Same with every part of the custom interior. I WANT ONE....No I realize thats just a dream!!!! Capt,n
Old 01-13-2011, 07:55 AM
Super08
My Feedback: (2)

I was looking at that site last year being a bit of a homebuilt and ultralight buff. I have always wanted to build one but my location makes it a bad idea. I live in a remote hostile environment and any chance of engine failure could very well be the end of you. Once I get out of here and mover farther south where there are lots of open fields and not out in the middle of nowhere I may build me a Challenger II. I have flown them a few times and it takes days to get the smile off of my face. Much more fun than cruising around in a Cessna.

Good Luck witht he operation Bill, I hope they get things right for you. [sm=thumbsup.gif]
Old 01-13-2011, 08:11 AM
tkg

Tell your people that you have found the perfect engine for their next project. All they have to do is design something with 2 wings and they would have a "REAL" airplane

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

Old 01-13-2011, 12:36 PM
captinjohn

TKG...had to think that one for a few seconds....pretty funny ...................................Capt,n
Old 12-20-2011, 11:06 AM
gapeach
My Feedback: (24)

i read that a guy in MD is taking over CH ignitions. I would like to know if i could possibly expand them to Georgia. Please email and let me know. I had spoken with Mr bill about his business, but when i found out he was sick i tried to contact but to no avail. i use the CH ignitions
and I know about them also.
Thanks
Larry from Ga
[email protected]
Old 12-21-2011, 08:25 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

The new owner of CH Ignitions is Adrian Ciulei, and you can contact him at : [email protected] or by phone at 240-888-5902.

Karol
Old 12-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Old 12-21-2011, 12:32 PM
captinjohn

Merry Christmas everyone!!
Old 12-26-2011, 06:51 AM
triumphman49
My Feedback: (149)

Hope All had a Merry Christmas

I've followed the new owner, Adrian, for a while now. Since some of the 4-stroke conversion forums where got to see of his machining works, to more recent updating the C & H ignitions . . . size wise, voltage and customizing.

I find him a very likeable fellow, knowledgeable, and ever so willing to go that "extra mile" to do things right. Loves 4-strokes, soon enough I be getting back my "little" Honda GX31 (that wasn't so little to begin with). Been reworked from the intake thru exhaust; carb, spacer, plug, Saito exhaust, lightened where possible and ignition

The best of this holiday season to all and wish Adrian the best in coming year. If any one has a "need" or "itch" for new ignition, or conversion, do hope you'll give the new C & H Ignitions a try.

T-man49 in Alabama
Club Saito #723
Old 12-26-2011, 10:08 PM
bcchi

ORIGINAL: triumphman49

I've followed the new owner, Adrian, for a while now. Since some of the 4-stroke conversion forums where got to see of his machining works, to more recent updating the C & H ignitions . . . size wise, voltage and customizing.

I find him a very likeable fellow, knowledgeable, and ever so willing to go that ''extra mile'' to do things right. Loves 4-strokes, soon enough I be getting back my ''little'' Honda GX31 (that wasn't so little to begin with). Been reworked from the intake thru exhaust; carb, spacer, plug, Saito exhaust, lightened where possible and ignition

The best of this holiday season to all and wish Adrian the best in coming year. If any one has a ''need'' or ''itch'' for new ignition, or conversion, do hope you'll give the new C & H Ignitions a try.

T-man49 in Alabama
Club Saito #723
It is not C&H now just CH Ignitions.
C ompany is moving Adrian to FL so he will be out of contact for a few days. Same phone no later.
Happy New Year
BC
Old 12-27-2011, 07:04 AM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: bcchi

ORIGINAL: triumphman49

I find him a very likeable fellow, knowledgeable, and ever so willing to go that ''extra mile'' to do things right. Loves 4-strokes, soon enough I be getting back my ''little'' Honda GX31 (that wasn't so little to begin with). Been reworked from the intake thru exhaust; carb, spacer, plug, Saito exhaust, lightened where possible and ignition

The best of this holiday season to all and wish Adrian the best in coming year. If any one has a ''need'' or ''itch'' for new ignition, or conversion, do hope you'll give the new C & H Ignitions a try.

T-man49 in Alabama
Club Saito #723
It is not C&H now just CH Ignitions.
C ompany is moving Adrian to FL so he will be out of contact for a few days. Same phone no later.
Happy New Year
BC
Where is he going to be in Florida....If we get there this winter...may stop and see him. Thanks Capt,n
Old 12-29-2011, 09:26 AM
gr8flyer55

I believe it is Riviera Beach where Adrian is moving to. Got an email from him, and he is very busy moving his household and business things. Might take him another week or so to reply to emails. Please give him some time to get settled in the new location. A new website is also being developed with many things being offered on it...you will like it I'm sure.

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.