Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
 The truth, Myth and Facts about JC engine >

The truth, Myth and Facts about JC engine

Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

The truth, Myth and Facts about JC engine

Old 08-09-2010, 10:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The truth, Myth and Facts about JC engine

The truth, myth and facts about JC engine

Here is a little history about me and JC engines, and some other details about there products.

About 3 ½ years ago I seen a JC engine on a China resellers sight so I ordered one, It was a 50cc gas engine and upon testing it I found a few small problems, The main one was power output for a 50cc engine

On the box was a Email address for JC engines so I sent them a Email with some suggestions for the engine, The Email went to the reseller so my thoughts were I hit a dead end.

About three months later I get a email From Kevin (JC Engines) that he knew about some of the power issues with the 50cc and had discounted producing it and was making a new machined case 50cc class engine. The original 50cc was a cast engine case.

So, about two weeks later I have one of the new Area 51 for testing at no cost to me, Had a few issues with it and was sent another new engine with the changes that it needed, After a couple months of testing and no problems I decided to take them on.

As life would have it about a year later we started to have some problems with the crank system, At the start of the problems it was hard for me to get parts from JC engines, Think they were trying to get the right crank to make sure the problem would not come back, After he knew he had a good crank system he has always sent me the parts to repair the engines, Here again some times it took a while but he supported the engine 120%, this was very costly to him and to me, I have rebuilt and returned every engine that came to me without question and paid the return shipping cost even though the warranty said the return postage was the owners responsibility.

I did this where the engines were in or out of warranty or if the owner was the first owner or fifth owner of the engine.

Even did a few that were not sold by me but came into the US from other parts of the world at Kevin’s request.

As far as I know, All the Area 51 engines produced after the new crank system have been trouble free as with all the JC line of engines. Other than the normal problems you would expect from any engine.

In some parts of the world they out sell other popular brand engines and people love them and this was done with the support and suggestions of all the dealers of the JC line of engines, Not just one person as some would like to make you believe.

If you want to know the real truth it was I who gave Kevin the contact information to the cranks he is using now.

In the beginning there was a problem with mufflers that came with the JC engines, again it was me that gave Kevin the contact information to get the mufflers he is using now. The same muffler company I had been using to build mufflers for me for months.

At the same time all this was going on JC came out with there 102 and to this date the only problem as I know of is one engine front seal leaking other than some small issues any engine might have.

Then they come out with a 28cc engine, I got one of the first production run engines and seen a couple problems with it as well as a couple other dealers of the JC engines.

I gave my suggestions a well as a few others that were dealing in the engine and JC engines made the changes to make it what it the engine it is now, Problem was there were some of the already produced and sold, But again, Kevin backed them up 120%

At Joe Nall 2009 I gave the first run JC engines to one of the best engine man that does posting here for him to take a look at it also, As far as I know he still has it.

I say all this to let people know that not just one person was behind the redesigning of the JC-V2 as someone tries to make everybody think.

There was never just one person or one company responsible for the changes in the JC engine to make it the engine it is today.

Now on to the new 60cc engine that JC is coming out with, This has been in the works for months and should be available to dealers before long.

There is a company claming it is there design and has been in a testing stage for months, I contacted Kevin
(JC Engine) about this and below is a copy and past form his return Email.

I blocked out some names to protect the innocence and deleted some parts that have nothing to do with this post.

Hi Milton

how are you my friend ?

all new engines all design by myself(JC ENGINE) not ******.he make this story just for let most proples know his is a great design engineer. so i hope you can help me to tell your customers know this truth.

Kevin

So I am just doing what JC engine ask me to do, Telling you the truth

Milton
RC Extreme Power
Old 08-09-2010, 10:42 PM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: The truth, Myth and Facts about JC engine

Milton,

I know you have always tried to be up front and honest to everyone with your engines
Old 08-09-2010, 11:45 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Milton,

Though you struck the name it wasn't very hard to figure out who it was. There's been another engine line that has been calling JC cases and heads their own for quite some time now. Funny how all that stuff works in this business. Give 'em hell, especially since their brand name will probably change again soon.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:51 AM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: w8ye
I know you have always tried to be up front and honest to everyone with your engines
Milton's word has always been as good as gold and remains that way! [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 08-10-2010, 06:44 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Always been straignt up with me....
Old 08-10-2010, 08:16 AM

I want to clarify one thing so there is no misunderstanding about what the new owner of this company is saying.

Again not going to mention names but the original owner of the company and its products is a standup and very honest person and has had nothing to do with post about JC engines, Now or in the past.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally someone with credability in RC engine world said it. How many manufactor changes,company name changes,engine model changes does it take for everyone to see it's just some other manufactors engine with a little marketing Bling added.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:15 AM
My Feedback: (20)

(puts on flame retardant suit and waits for the fireworks)

In other news, and completely unrelated to the above preparation, how come your "Engines" page on your site gives me an error?, I wanted to see what you had available.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:22 AM

ORIGINAL: cold_reboot

(puts on flame retardant suit and waits for the fireworks)

In other news, and completely unrelated to the above preparation, how come your ''Engines'' page on your site gives me an error?, I wanted to see what you had available.
Because I am a web site illiterate, LOL Will figure it out one of these day’s,
Old 08-10-2010, 09:53 AM
My Feedback: (20)

Kinda makes it hard to sell things that way doesn't it? I had your website bookmarked quite a while back but must have unmarked it as I seem to remember you leaving RCU after some Chinese engine hooplah a good while back. Guess I had assumed you were giving up the business. At least I think that was you, dealers were coming and going so often a few years ago they disappeared as quickly as they appeared. I must have thought you were another casualty.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:02 AM

Kinda makes it hard to sell things that way doesn't it? I had your website bookmarked quite a while back but must have unmarked it as I seem to remember you leaving RCU after some Chinese engine hooplah a good while back. Guess I had assumed you were giving up the business. At least I think that was you, dealers were coming and going so often a few years ago they disappeared as quickly as they appeared. I must have thought you were another casualty.

You got it right, This is the thread you are talking about.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_76..._1/key_/tm.htm

I did not get out, just backed off a little untill things were all sorted out.

To be truthfull with you, my engine page is down because I want it to be, I still sell engines but right now trying to keep it slow for a while.

Milton
Old 08-10-2010, 10:25 AM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The Chinese engine production/market has gone through many changes in the last few years and continues to do so.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:37 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 362 Likes on 291 Posts

Can't wait to see the 60 Milton! I hope you consider sending one here for review.

Bet it would make my SBach ballistic!
Old 08-10-2010, 10:56 AM

ORIGINAL: BadAzzMaxx

A little added information to the post above and the link about the Area 51, To read about what happened start reading the thread from the end and go back.

A the peak of selling the engines I was doing a average of 40 engines a month in sales before I backed off from the crank failures

At one time I was getting 12-15 engines a week to repair and did them as fast as I could get parts, Sometimes I had the parts but they were used up pretty fast.

I think Kevin (JC engines) was trying to send me parts and also have enough to keep producing engines also, So sometimes it would take a couple week to get new repair stock to me, But I will say he would get them to me and he also paid the shipping cost to me.

That is why you see some post where people got there engines back in a few day’s and others took a few weeks and was upset with me.

Milton

You got it right, This is the thread you are talking about.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_76..._1/key_/tm.htm

I did not get out, just backed off a little untill things were all sorted out.

To be truthfull with you, my engine page is down because I want it to be, I still sell engines but right now trying to keep it slow for a while.

Milton

A little added information to the post above and the link about the Area 51, To read about what happened start reading the thread from the end and go back.

A the peak of selling the engines I was doing a average of 40 engines a month in sales before I backed off from the crank failures

At one time I was getting 12-15 engines a week to repair and did them as fast as I could get parts, Sometimes I had the parts but they were used up pretty fast.

I think Kevin (JC engines) was trying to send me parts and also have enough to keep producing engines also, So sometimes it would take a couple week to get new repair stock to me, But I will say he would get them to me and he also paid the shipping cost to me.

That is why you see some post where people got there engines back in a few day’s and others took a few weeks and was upset with me.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:00 AM

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

Can't wait to see the 60 Milton! I hope you consider sending one here for review.

Bet it would make my SBach ballistic!
Right now that is kind of still in the works and will just have to see how it all works out.

Milton
Old 08-10-2010, 10:00 PM
My Feedback: (2)

The 55 you have right now is looking pretty good Milton. I am correct is assuming you are assembling them over here with the "good" bearings?
Old 08-11-2010, 07:31 AM

Yes, but waitig to see how the 60cc works out before I get to deep into them.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:39 AM

.......ditto.......

I was not the first to bring JC to South Africa. but when the first guy did stop, somemonths laterI enquired with Kevin ( JC Engines) about again importing them and did start doing so. Somehow in the months to come Kevin decided to sell to other dealers here too, and again some months latertook the decision to supply only one dealer here. that dealer not being me. Well that is business and not my decision, what did not go down well with me though is i was never told up front that it was happening. I had to find out via the grapevine after it happened - not so nice when you have promoted the brand, sold engines and now suddenly you cant supply them anymore. Worst still is i could net get spares anymore - had to go through the 'new' local distributor. Well i am now sitting with custmers who have been waitingforspares for 2 monthsand i am being passed from factory to local distributor to his localagent and no-one has spares..........???????
At one point i had waited nearly 6 months for some spares that kevin had promised me - I eventually got the spares from the local distributor. for one reason and one reason only, Kevin managed to send me a parcel, not destined for me, but for his new distributor. When Kevin realised he quickly contacted me and asked me to send on to his Distributor. I said i would gladly do so as soon as i got my spares - within a week it was sorted out.
Now if only i could get one of those wrongly addressedparcels again.....

enough said.............................
Old 08-12-2010, 06:03 AM

Old 08-12-2010, 07:48 AM

Clive

I know your frustration, Been there when customer are biting at you’re a** and there is nothing you can do about it.

Sometimes it was a while before I got parts but they did finally show up, There was one time I had engines for repair and a customer posted online about not getting his engine repaired and Kevin came on line and said he would send him the parts. I just about lost it on that one.

As in our last private commutations, I will drop Kevin a Email to see if it will do any good, Don’t think I have that much clout with him but maybe it will help.

You know if there is any manufacture of products out there reading this. I hope they know that a lot of dealers communicate with each other all the time, I talk to dealers of the same products I sell on a regular basic all over the world and we all know what is going on with our products and manufacture problems,
Old 08-12-2010, 08:08 AM

Milton,

100% - with the internet we are no longer isolated, the power of sharing knowledge, faults and problems is shared and it takes but seconds for news both good and bad to spread across the world.
good businesses grow steadily and not by the promise of a fast buck!
Old 08-12-2010, 08:18 AM

Yes ain't that a fact.

In fact, I remember how I was first introduced to JC engines
A dealer overseas (who was also a distributor for another product I was selling at the time) suggested I look at them. I then asked around and Milton was one of the guys I spoke with about the product. Milton was VERY up front with me at the time and VERY helpful - and he has always remained so to this day. He is one of the guys I really do look up to and acknowledge with his engine knowledge and attitude to customer service (keep those babies flying - that is what the customers want at the end of the day - to be able to enjoy their hobby).

This is the thing I do not understand with these manufacturers. Do they really think that we don't talk to each other?
Heck it is the very tools that allowed us to find them in the first place that makes it easy for us to communicate with each other.
This is also how dealers manage to feed back the markets requirements to the manufacturers too.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:12 AM

You can have the best product that was ever produced, But without customer support it is nothing, Have a fair product that maybe gives some minor problems but have good cuctomer support and it will be a sucess, Like Clive and Steve said, Power of the internett, it get around fast.

There is one engine company I talk to a few times a week, I was on Skype with them last night and said, I here you cut a deal with ****** in ***** last week.

They came back with, How did you know that and I said the same thing, Power of the intternet. The compny that made the deal with them and I have talked with each other about the product for a while. LOl
Old 08-12-2010, 09:36 AM

Setting here doing just about nothing so will give you a example of what I mean about my last post.

I just finished building a CNC router and used some electronics on it from a company I had used before, I knew it was the best you could get for cost and what I was doing, It had been a couples years sense I had set one up and had a small question I needed to clarify, If you do not do it right the first time you could blow the board and be in real trouble.

I sent off a Email with my question and the reply I got was, It is in the instructions Read it.

So now even knowing they have the best board around in the hobby, If this board ever does go out the new one will not come from them.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:45 AM

Does the 102 have a prop driver with the same bolt pattern as the da-100 YET?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.