RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/)
-   -   STOP with the oil ratio threads, please. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/10091752-stop-oil-ratio-threads-please.html)

Craig 01 10-25-2010 07:44 AM

RE: STOP with the oil ratio threads, please.

ORIGINAL: Woody218-RCU

ORIGINAL: pmerritt

Did Newton have a wife with a rather LARGE set of honkers when he came up the the ''gravity theory''?
Thanks, I just spit coffee all over the monitor...:D:D:D
they do certainly get drawn closer to the moon,so,maybe.:D

ec121 10-25-2010 08:10 AM

No matter how much money you spend on the engine it is still a glorified chainsaw engine. Kind of like putting a dress on a hog. No matter how many dresses you put on it. There is still a hog underneath.

krayzc-RCU 10-25-2010 08:14 AM

I break N with 32/1 Pennzoil after break N I run 32/1 Pennzoil after I 100 or so hours I run 32/1 Pennzoil

Whistling Death 10-25-2010 09:07 AM

ORIGINAL: aussiesteve

Hey Whistlingdeath and Eagleburger - I have the same issues as you guys - I see new threads asking the questions and thingk ''Oh no - not another one'' - but i look anyway. Luckily I can't eat chocolate :D

It's like watching a train wreck, it is gut wrenching but you just can't turn away.

JNorton is right, the search actually does work. Not perfect but better than some.

Did Newton contemplate "RC" universe? Yikes I don't eve think he could wrap his big brain around that one.

Believe me if I could start my own forum on oil I would. That might be a good resource for people who are seeking knowledge about oil mixtures. BUT all in all it is simple as dirt because as stated earlier in the thread they are just glorified chain saw or weed eater engines. They may be ported different and modified a bit but if you use good oil at the oil manufacturers recommended ratio you will be OK.

wyo69cowboy 10-25-2010 09:38 AM

LMAO at this thread! Some good points in there:
-USE the search. I have; it...
-Sucks! (I still try to use it anyway)
-Always a few that get P/O'd when the same ol' thread topic comes up; hey, don't read it and especially, DON'T respond.
-42:38:46 oil ratios, you could say she's got it all! (my apologies to AC/DC for mangling the quote)

clivemc 10-25-2010 11:00 AM

dont read it!!
there are always new guys who need help, oils do also change and so does everybodys theory about it. if you've already posted here and are reading this again, well just shows you are interested, cause MAYBE, just MAYBE, someone has found the ultimate solution http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ey/msn/lol.gif

Tired Old Man 10-25-2010 11:20 AM

Yep, there is always some newbie too lazy to do a search that wants everyone else to provide them info so they don't have to open the manual.

Yes, there seems to be a lot of those on the "just for newbies" RCU. The vast majority of the experienced people got fed up with the perpetual process and went to other forums. I'm only here for short looks anymore.

iliveonlytocrash 10-25-2010 11:38 AM

Perhaps it would be best for someone to make a sticky for newbies on oil issues like the one Bob Pastorello made for general info on gas engines. Maybe even just incorporate it in with Bob's sticky?

warheadforever 10-25-2010 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Whistling Death

Guys, do a search. It is REAL easy and it works great.
This topic has been KILLED every week for YEARS.
USE the SEARCH OPTION!
It's called search for a reason.
Search is really good for you try it.
Search, it's the new search.
One search a day keeps the oil monsters away.
When contemplating the universe, Newton didn't ask, he searched.
I know I am a car guy, and maybe it is different here, but when ever I search a thead, find something, and then ask one more question, people yell at me about bringing up a old thread......

So should I use the search, and have people, and mods give me a hard time about bringing up a old thread...
Oooorrrr, start a new thread, and have people, and mods give me a hard time about not using the search?

frieshoo 10-25-2010 12:15 PM

Anyone want try 16/1 Lawn boy ashless in their engine? I've heard it works great, and you pick up a few hundred RPM's!!!

:)

rcmichael 10-25-2010 12:29 PM

D.A. tells you what percentage to use for breakin in the manual. Use an ashless oil non synthetic for break in. D.A, specifies lawnboy. I run 4 gallons of lawnboy through all my D.A. engines then switch to a hi quality synthetic such as Redline racing oil or Amsoil. I read in Model Aviation I think, that one of D.A.'s service crew prefers redline oil due to less ring fouling/ gumming. I tried it and picked up 200 rpm over amsoil. I just have to ask if you read your qwners manual before starting this thread. Go with what D.A. recommends!

spaceworm 10-25-2010 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

Yep, there is always some newbie too lazy to do a search that wants everyone else to provide them info so they don't have to open the manual.

Yes, there seems to be a lot of those on the ''just for newbies'' RCU. The vast majority of the experienced people got fed up with the perpetual process and went to other forums. I'm only here for short looks anymore.

Agree! "Teach a man how to fish and he will be well fed forever. Give him a fish and he will starve after eating it." or something like that.

Sincerely, Richard

apalsson 10-25-2010 12:39 PM

It's like watching a train wreck, it is gut wrenching but you just can't turn away.

JNorton is right, the search actually does work. Not perfect but better than some.
LOL ... or a bad dream that you can't get away from, the type that starts again each time you fall asleep again ! :)
The old search engine was good. I never understood why RCU changed to what they have now
I always thought it was just a trial and they would see sense and terminate it!
Virtually all publicly available forum software has excellent search features but RCU have THIS?? :D

Jetdesign 10-25-2010 12:55 PM

Not sure if this is the right forum, but...

Can any of you guys tell me what the oil ratio is for breakin on a 1.20 size plane powered by a 10S lipo and ...oh, wait...
:D

nsoward 10-25-2010 01:51 PM

I love reading a thread where I do not have to think to hard and Newton get's credit for my wifes big boobs!! Oh ya 32:1

Nathan

mrbigg 10-25-2010 02:34 PM

ORIGINAL: warheadforever

I know I am a car guy, and maybe it is different here, but when ever I search a thead, find something, and then ask one more question, people yell at me about bringing up a old thread......

So should I use the search, and have people, and mods give me a hard time about bringing up a old thread...
Oooorrrr, start a new thread, and have people, and mods give me a hard time about not using the search?
[sm=lol.gif] Funny and True!

spaceworm 10-25-2010 03:12 PM

ORIGINAL: gaRCfield

Not sure if this is the right forum, but...

Can any of you guys tell me what the oil ratio is for breakin on a 1.20 size plane powered by a 10S lipo and ...oh, wait...
:D
Use 32 parts Jolt beverge to one part dielectric grease and add one Beano tablet for no gas. After breakin wind, take Gas-X on a regular basis.

Sincerely, Richard

eddieC 10-25-2010 04:06 PM

Most people don't have several thousand $ invested in their chainsaw or weed eater.
True! So How about ultralights? Those guys have their *****es on the line and love Pennzoil for Air-Cooled, and strongly dislike Amsoil. Better protection on a lean run, fewer stuck rings, very little carbon.

But what ratio for my Ryobi?? :D:)

Ed

frenchie79 10-25-2010 04:53 PM

Yes, there seems to be a lot of those on the "just for newbies" RCU. The vast majority of the experienced people got fed up with the perpetual process and went to other forums. I'm only here for short looks anymore.

Com-on Man-with 16,000 posts-you love just admit it?http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../msn/75_75.gif

Tired Old Man 10-25-2010 05:30 PM

You're 1/16 of the way there buddy, so don't be too quick to say anything;)

Don't forget, I've been in this forum for about 6 or 7 years now.

Notice what subject I'm NOT discussing in this thread?

Whistling Death 10-25-2010 05:33 PM

Stock prices?

Airplanes400 10-25-2010 06:19 PM

Better yet, invent your own gas/oil ratio !!! Hey, that's an idea!

spaceworm 10-25-2010 06:27 PM

Stock prices?

No, he addressed that in that other popular thread:

"Steve,

You left out a few things, but that's ok. Sometimes it's good to read the later lamentations from those that missed a couple of steps. Warms the heart and generates a lot of entertainment.

Too bad most of those all concerned about oil in their RC engines don't ever think about the oil in their car engines...............

I didn't vote either. It all depends on my mood, the day, the weather, the way the engine is going to be run, the prop, my wife's honeydo list, and my broker, and the daily surf report.

Never lie, and never minimize or gloss. Tell it like it is and let the pieces fall where they may. The truth always wins. "

MTK 10-25-2010 08:37 PM

ORIGINAL: summerwind

i'm still wondering why there isn't a thread on mixing oil/gas by weight.........that one doesn't come up.
You must be an engineer.

They are the only ones that can't read the label on a bottle or look at the graduation lines on a mixing cup. I work with a bunch that used to mix gas and oil by weight. After a couple years pulling my hair our everytime they hauled out the scale the problem resolved itself when the battey died and nobody had a spare. They were a long ways from anywhere and all they had left was reading the lable on the oil bottle and estimating the amount of gas in the can right after putting 5 gallons in it at the gas station......

But hey, if that what fluffs your skirt, feel free. I sure as heck won't try and stop anyone from going that route.

As for RCU having a crappy search engine...I agree. However. RCU IS NOT the Universe where RC is concerned. There just happen to be a couple of other forums devoted to giant scale. Where gas engines are the norm rather than something new. In one of them there is enough experience accumulated with the modeling population where the need for an oil and ratio question isn't needed. I spend a lot of time there these days.

You must be a Tired Old Man....you should rest!

DMyer 10-25-2010 09:38 PM

"STOP with the oil ratio threads, please."

ohhh.... OKEY DOKEY

What is the gasoline ratio?

I hear they run mo better with right amount of [8D]
gas...