RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/)
-   -   Open letter to Xu Liang (RC EXL) ignitions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/10101122-open-letter-xu-liang-rc-exl-ignitions.html)

Dick T. 10-31-2010 06:23 PM

RE: Open letter to Xu Liang (RC EXL) ignitions

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

ORIGINAL: JNorton

Which is why I like building kits - it gives you the skills to modify ARFs. Moving radio trays around is a fairly simple task, as is modifying servo positions. Now we are really off topic. :D
John
Probably better overall to remain ''off topic''. Since most people only read the facing page this will provide the opportunity for a more productive thread than what it had been previously.
If you are going "off topic" start a new thread per RCU Forum Rules. Let this topic either live on, die or get locked.

mpascual 10-31-2010 07:02 PM

The first area I would address is batteries. I'm not fond of the concept of using one battery to handle flight and ignition but I can see where this is desirable. As long as interfences isues are eliminated it's not a bad idea. As things stand, if you use a separate ignition battery you might have to put the thing well aft of a flight battery to get the plane to balance. A problem comes in the use of 6 and more volt batteries. The voltage needs to be reduced for ignition longevity unless the latest versions of some ignitions are used that accept a wider voltage range. However, I'm not yet convinced those wider voltage range ignitions will provide the same or greater life cycle as the fixed voltage units currently do.
Im using the same battery to handle the receiver and ignition with the RCEXL opto-switch modified as instructions (DIY) , in small airplanes fitted with 15cc gas engine with no problems.
Also i'm using RCEXL ignitions versions for LiPo 2S directly at 7'4 volts (fixed voltage unit). Maybe i must wait until they have thousands hours of working time, but until now , i'm very happy with RCEXL 7'4 volts ignitions. They are intended for 6-7'4 volts usage.

Regards

captinjohn 10-31-2010 07:47 PM

mpascual,
How do you find the RCEXL version that works with 6-7.4 volts? How do you identify that version also? Who can post here how many versions of the RCEXL CD units that is available? Thanks Capt,n

Tired Old Man 10-31-2010 08:29 PM

Dick,

As I've done for the past 6 or 7 years, I'll continue to ignore your posts and most certainly your advice.

Pat

rcexl 10-31-2010 08:33 PM

<font color="#000000">RCEXL</font> version that works with 6-7.4 volts is Customization.If necessary, a special set made according to customer needs. Versions are usually 4.8 ~ 6V maximum voltage is 6.6V less continuous use, so the battery directly 2 CELL the LIFE there is no problem,But LIPO can not directly  use.LIPO continuous work  maximum voltage is 8.0v~8.4v

Super08 10-31-2010 08:40 PM

Xu Liang
Very informative post. Thank you.

av8tor1977 10-31-2010 08:40 PM

There seems to be a shortage of supply to the dealers. When will production meet demand and the shortages stop??

Thanks,
AV8TOR

rcexl 10-31-2010 08:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Our company has adequate equipment and personnel, did not cause shortages and out of stock.We guarantee the supply of products at the same time, then the development of new products. Only the Customs problems, the possible cause delays.But do not have many delays, the latest strike in France, Impact on Europe.</p>

Show some of our equipment and venue.</p>

Dick T. 10-31-2010 09:01 PM

Dick,

As I've done for the past 6 or 7 years, I'll continue to ignore your posts and most certainly your advice.

Pat
And I will yours. However there are forum rules against hijacking a thread so either stay on topic or move.

Your posts, and Ralphs, are generally very informative but always digress into patting yourself or each other on the back.

I fully expect this post to be deleted as you two rule the roost here and any opposition or unflattering questions, unless from the roosters, get deleted.

I'm not too far in age behind you old birds but I can handle opposite viewpoints, even lowly flaming, gracefully.

Enjoy the fan club.

Super08 10-31-2010 09:22 PM

Very clean and efficient. I like the Extra on the wall. The sports car office chair is cool as well.

Dick T. 10-31-2010 09:41 PM

Dick,

Pat
Sent you a PM.

Antique 10-31-2010 10:27 PM

Xu Liang, did you get my payment sent by Western Union for ignitions ??

rcexl 10-31-2010 10:40 PM

yes.I receive it.PM MTCN is error.EMALI is right,Thank you much

Tired Old Man 11-01-2010 12:57 AM

It appears all is now well in the world. Thank you RCExl.

rcexl 11-01-2010 05:11 AM

Today I found a reason sometimes can not receive the email, is 163.COM set up automatic deletion of spam. I have set to receive any mail, YAHOO.COM.CN do not have this problem, but sending and receiving YAHOO.COM.CN very slow.Please forgive the inconvenience caused.

<span style="font-size: medium">I have Up a toll-mail, hoping to be more stable. The Email is: </span><span style="color: #ff0000"><span style="font-size: medium">[email protected]
</span></span><span style="font-size: medium"><font size="2">Will update my website. Add new EMAIL</font>

</span>xu liang

mpascual 11-01-2010 06:07 AM

ORIGINAL: rcexl

<font color=''#000000''>RCEXL</font> version that works with 6-7.4 volts is Customization.If necessary, a special set made according to customer needs. Versions are usually 4.8 ~ 6V maximum voltage is 6.6V less continuous use, so the battery directly 2 CELL the LIFE there is no problem,But LIPO can not directly use.LIPO continuous work maximum voltage is 8.0v~8.4v

Sorry Xu Liang :
It's my fault don not explain better as you've done.
I was talking about a custom version.

Regards

airega1 11-01-2010 06:37 AM

Not looking to step on any toes but, I just purchased a used Brison 2.4 and it came with a Rev Tech ignition unit, anyone ever hear of them?
BTW I own two RC Excel ignition units and they work excellent

kerwin50 11-01-2010 08:23 AM

I was just looking at your pictures an it was hard to see but it didn't look like your employees were not grounded.
.ESD is the #1 reason for electronic failure.
I've been involved in electronic's for 30 yr's an static electricty is what we call a silent killer. Once hit the device may work but failure is emmient.
What do you do for the prevention of electro static discharge?

rcexl 11-01-2010 09:05 AM

ORIGINAL: kerwin50

I was just looking at your pictures an it was hard to see but it didn't look like your employees were not grounded.
.ESD is the #1 reason for electronic failure.
I've been involved in electronic's for 30 yr's an static electricty is what we call a silent killer. Once hit the device may work but failure is emmient.
What do you do for the prevention of electro static discharge?
The table is a conductive material table

Tired Old Man 11-01-2010 09:06 AM

If you have a Rev Tech ignition you have a Brison that was made after the company was absorbed by Kangke. The engine is not what I would consider a true Brison but what the heck. The Rev Tech had a very poor success record in the beginning. Perhaps it has improved over the past three years.

As for the ground strap issues, the end users don't use them either, so what do you do? If RC Exl is not a company that elected to suscribe to the AS9100 process there's not much you can debate over.

gkamysz 11-01-2010 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These Runtronic ignitions don't seem to exist outside of Europe. I knew of them and picked it up off thebay cheap a few years back. It works well and is much easier to fit into a .40 size model.

captinjohn 11-01-2010 10:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
How about the S&amp;S ignition that is built in a case....any good???

Super08 11-01-2010 10:21 AM

Wow 230 bucks for a single ignition for a 10mm plug.

captinjohn 11-01-2010 11:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not a reply...just a question. Below is a photo I took of the magnet in the hub of my DLE30 engine bought in USA ...not ebay or even close to a ebay thing. You will notice in the HD photo a chip broken out (how???) of the magnet. I was told it may cause kickback...which it does sometimes.

My question is...who will send me a exact replacement magnet and who will tell me the right way to get the chipped magnet out? I asked this before...no real good answer. Thanks capt,n

Super08 11-01-2010 11:11 AM

John if it is the same as one of my MT engines I used to have the magnet is only held in by friction. After inserting the magnet the aluminum hub is pressed tight against the magnet by striking it with a punch. On the DLE engines the punch marks are on the back side of the hub. On my MT the marks were on each side of the magnet. Problem was they missed and hit the magnet with the punch and broke it. I got the pieces to just fall out. So I would assume if you got a center punch and placed it in the center of the magnet and hit it with a hammer it would fracture and then you could remove the pieces. You would then need to get a new magnet from someone. In my case they just sent me a new hub when all I needed was a magnet.