RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/)
-   -   Unkown Engine -Help (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/10704894-unkown-engine-help.html)

novayusa 09-06-2011 05:31 PM

Unkown Engine -Help

1 Attachment(s)
Is there anyone know the small engine in the attachment? My friend send the pictures to me for asking to find a new one for him but without any logo on the engine.He calledit as "Zenoah G20 Clone"

w8ye 09-06-2011 06:00 PM

RE: Unkown Engine -Help

Looks more like something built with parts from that certain company that makes most of the castings for the Chinese companies

tomyrcmodels 09-06-2011 07:24 PM

more than thousand factory do casting job , and lot factory do the casting parts like crankcase and cylinder for engine business. even I can not imagin how many casting out there can do or doing this job .............:D

Tired Old Man 09-06-2011 07:39 PM

That was scary.

novayusa 09-06-2011 09:01 PM

Tommy,
Can you help me to find this one out in the market? Maybe you have some idea about it Iguess.
To hold an tour activity for guiding foriegn friends who have the interesting to understand the thousandscasting factories and to find some parts for engine in order to combine an unique engine by themselve. That's great activity. Isn't it? LOL!!!

aussiesteve 09-07-2011 04:01 PM

Sounds like a great road trip novayusa - let me know when it happens

I hope plenty of mao tai jiu and no Ka La though :D

many can make the parts but how many of them actually supply to the mass marketed engines we see?

tomyrcmodels 09-07-2011 04:48 PM

Hi aussiesteve

You are welcome to visit China to find out how many factory can actually supply to the mass marketed engines . let us know after your trip to China and investigation :D

aussiesteve 09-07-2011 05:24 PM

Tomy - you must be getting as old and forgetful as me :D
Remember - I have lived in China for many years since my first 2 years in Shekou starting in 1983 (the ship hotel was still in the water then and the Nanhai hotel was stil under construction as the new 5 star at the time - hasn't that place changed a lot since then), My years in Chengdu in the mid '90s, my short 1 year in Shanghai in 2002 and my last few years near Tianjin (Teda) ;)

I know there are many that CAN make them but only a few that actually supply the mass market for RC.

I just thought road trip with you guys would be a lot more fun than just meeting up at expo's and fly-ins where you are working hard to sell things. - I don't really care about the engine factories there - honest I don't :D

novayusa 09-07-2011 05:25 PM

Surely Ilove to buy you a drink if you are here(Taiwan or China). China have the other wine named "wu liang ye" also a famous wine. I'd like to invite you to drink "ba ba keng dao" in Taiwan
Ijust can offer entertainment to you engine guys because I really not familiar with casting factory as Tommy.
Here in China can have more fun at entertainment. Bet you know that... hehehe....

MetallicaJunkie 09-07-2011 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

That was scary.
that was funny :D

Maxwell-RCU 09-08-2011 07:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Is this you are looking for?

aussiesteve 09-08-2011 02:58 PM

What brand is that one Maxwell?

novayusa 09-08-2011 08:18 PM

Yes, That is!
we are living in the same city. Please PM me the contact information. Icome to visit you.

Maxwell-RCU 09-09-2011 04:46 AM

This engine is during testing and would not be published in Taiwan because this is a promotion item for a web shop but I'd like to post some testing video here when the video be completed.

karolh 09-09-2011 05:20 AM

Does resemble a G20 ..... sorta.

Karol

Maxwell-RCU 09-09-2011 10:58 PM

It is Zenoah G20 clone they said. Haven't compared both of them as we don't have the Zenoah engine. I'd like to open it and take some pictures to you guys who have the interest to compare with Zenoah G20

Maxwell-RCU 09-18-2011 11:33 PM

Our engineer testing the engine on bench. The video as below for your reference..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoqyB71uYec

Propeller: Hawk 16x8
Oil ratio: 1:35
muffler:20CC pitts style