RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/)
-   -   spark plugs (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/11007508-spark-plugs.html)

Antique 03-19-2012 04:14 PM

spark plugs

Wm20-U denso spark plugs, same as CM6..
Boats.net, 61 plugs, $130...$2.131 each...

a1pcfixer 03-19-2012 05:43 PM

RE: spark plugs

You just gotta know that the 'search challenged' won't be able to find that on their site without a link.:( - :D

captinjohn 03-19-2012 06:18 PM

Yup....those "search challenged" have a hard time using toilet paper http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...sn/biggrin.gif

aussiesteve 03-19-2012 08:36 PM

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

Yup....those ''search challenged'' have a hard time using toilet paper [img][/img]
LOL
Copnsidering that many of the "Search Challenged" are also often "Price Conscious" it may depend a lot as to which toilet paper they use

"Slide off" or "Finger Through"
:D

RCVFR 03-20-2012 04:43 AM

ORIGINAL: a1pcfixer

You just gotta know that the 'search challenged' won't be able to find that on their site without a link.:( - :D
Hah! I found it, and I'm not telling how! (Hint, Honda spark plugs) http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...eeth_smile.gif

Roo Man 03-20-2012 08:57 AM

Just for your info, you can buy the CM6 at most auto parts stores. I get mine from Auto Zone and I think I paid around $3.00 each. I do have to order the day before as they are stocked [in our area] at a distribution center.

Gary

MetallicaJunkie 03-20-2012 12:04 PM

i ordered one....seems too good to be true... we shall see

Antique 03-20-2012 12:11 PM

I'll have 61 this week, It's true.....Last time thety were $ 1.87.. I got 120 or so a few years ago....
The CM6s at the same place are $4. something....
Denso plugs are every bit as good as NGKs...

a1pcfixer 03-20-2012 12:42 PM

Honda number is 98052-56471, it's an NGK CM-6 in a Honda box.
At the auto supply store it's (NGK/CM-6) listed as a Stock #5812

AJsToyz 03-20-2012 02:03 PM

Ummm... Finger through, do you save the piece from the whole and do you know what it's for??? [X(]:D

oldtimer4759 03-22-2012 03:40 AM

re Spark Plugs,
how do we know we are buying the genuine article, here in Australia the "NGK CM6" plugs vary in price from $8 each to about $15, that is from one hobby shop to another, this particular plug wouldnt be all that common, where are they made, where are they supposed to be made, I have read in these threads not to use the plug that comes with the "cheap engines" fair enough,
I have had problems with a so called genuine NGK CM6 brand plug, swapped it out and the engine went like a charm, I dont think I have ever had a crook plug in any of my cars over a lot of years,
I know some will say buy from a reputable supplier, that didnt work for "Enron" how do we know we are getting the genuine article, the Chinese can copy any brand these days.

thanks, Oldtimer.

a1pcfixer 03-22-2012 08:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: oldtimer4759

re Spark Plugs,
how do we know we are buying the genuine article.............
thanks, Oldtimer.
For one thing they'll clearly state CM-6 on one side of the plug as in this photo below, and the other side has NGK above Japan.

For those conspiracy affectionados about, sorry, but nothing can help them believe.:(

aussiesteve 03-22-2012 02:00 PM

ORIGINAL: a1pcfixer

For one thing they'll clearly state CM-6 on one side of the plug as in this photo below, and the other side has NGK above Japan.

For those conspiracy affectionados about, sorry, but nothing can help them believe.:(
LOL
I doubt very many engine companies would manufacture their own spark plugs.

A few years ago when you got a Honda plug, it was a Nippondenso plug in the box. Now it is an NGK. Maybe NGK ran out of boxes and "borrowed" some from Honda :D

Oldtimer
As Jim mentioned - the key is the letters "NGK" on the insulator.
For where you are located, the most reliable source is DA Australia - or your local honda Dealer or perhaps Repco wil have them available also.

w8ye 03-22-2012 03:43 PM

There are spark plugs out there that say "CM6" on the insulator on one side with nothing on the other side (No NGK) and these are doubtful Chinese spark plugs.

acerc 03-22-2012 04:00 PM

Well I play it safe and by NGK-CM6 at the auto part's store. I would never use enough to buy the before mentioned bulk. And quite frankly after all the year's of paying what glow plug's cost (especially fourstroke) 3-5 buck's a plug isa good deal tome. And if I gethalf themileage my vehicle's get, I'll never have to replace it.

a1pcfixer 03-22-2012 04:12 PM

ORIGINAL: aussiesteve

A few years ago when you got a Honda plug, it was a Nippondenso plug in the box. Now it is an NGK.

Shoot I remember those...sort of like (carbon) dating our age dude!:D

In that line of thought, have ya heard that Nissan is coming back out with their old Datsun line?
True!

acerc 03-22-2012 04:22 PM

OMG- I had one of those one year prior to changing name's. Man are we getting old.

aussiesteve 03-22-2012 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We are only as young as (the Women we wish) we feel

Datsuns - I had a 240 Z (24 oz) and a 1600 at various times of my life. The 1600 became a "Dazda" when we fitted a Mazda Rotary in it for Rallying in about 1980 or so

Apparently the new Datsuns are being made in Russia

Here is the new advertisement for them. Apparently they won't run properly on 100LL so they have formed some sort of strategic alliance with a fuel provider:D

oldtimer4759 03-22-2012 04:39 PM

thanks everyone for the info, they must have NGK on one side and are made in Japan.

Aussiesteve,
I didnt get them from DA, but a place a bit closer to where you live, bought a 10 pack, there are several of us in the club that would like a few spare.

thanks, Oldtimer.

Diablo-RCU 03-24-2012 04:53 AM

Just a few years ago, NGK CM6 plugs could be bought for $2 each in bulk quantities from sparkplug.com
Then someone decided to greatly increase the price, not sure why.
It's good to see the Denso equivalents are available at reasonable prices.
Honda needs to sell a lot more generators so they increase production volume on these little bitty plugs we use.
That'll insure we have a steady low cost supply.