RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/)
-   -   Motor mount for DLE20 RA (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/11631601-motor-mount-dle20-ra.html)

golf4two 08-05-2016 04:06 PM

Motor mount for DLE20 RA

Anyone know of a motor mount that will fit a DLE20 RA (rear exhaust)? The largest Dubro mount (which is recommended by DLE) is about an inch too short because of the rear exhaust...doesn't even reach the front mounting hole. (It's a beam type mount.)

Oh, one other question: There was a small metal piece like a servo arm with two setscrews in the box but no mention of what it is for.Doesn't seem to fit choke or throttle as they don't seem to be removable. Anyone know it's purpose?

pilotpete2 08-05-2016 06:45 PM

Check out the 1.20 size aluminum beam mounts from Hangar 9. Very popular for both versions of the DLE 20. I use them for a DLE 20RA. More than long enough.
That arm is for the throttle. There is a screw on the end of throttle shaft, just remove it to take off the stock arm. You'll probably want to get another of those arms for the choke as well. To remove the little kinda useless choke lever, simply grind off the peened end of the brass choke shaft with a Dremel tool and install one that can be positioned whereyou want it. It would be nice if those Walbro carbs where setup for our use, but they're not:(
Welcome to gas!!
Let's

golf4two 08-07-2016 03:54 PM

Both throttle and choke arm are peened on. Not much, if any sticking up to grind off. Bummer. Rather than mess something up (slipped dremel especially) and voiding waranty returning engine to Tower. Shame too, ordered it during the height of their specials.

Bcolici 08-08-2016 07:44 PM

G.p. 120 size mount fits. You sure theres no screw on top of stock arm???

pilotpete2 08-09-2016 02:38 AM

The side with the idle adjust screw and return spring should be peened, the other end with the short arm should be held on with a screw.
Pete

golf4two 08-09-2016 03:48 PM

You are correct Pete. I guess I can't "read" Chinese pictures. Feel like the world's greatest dummy. I was looking at the wrong side of the carb. Yes, there is a throttle shaft on the top of the carb and they provide an arm for it. It's held on with two setscrews. That problem solved. However, I would like the choke arm to operate from the side as opposed to straight back as would be when operated from a servo inside the fuse. The arm is peened on and appears to have an oval shaped shaft (?). I'd like to replace that arm. Have an email inquiry to support. If all else fails, I guess I could use a flex cable.

Thanks gentlemen for your comments...they were very helpful.

Bcolici 08-11-2016 01:58 AM

Dont forget to use threadlock on all screws where applicable.

Truckracer 08-11-2016 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by golf4two (Post 12244632)
You are correct Pete. I guess I can't "read" Chinese pictures. Feel like the world's greatest dummy. I was looking at the wrong side of the carb. Yes, there is a throttle shaft on the top of the carb and they provide an arm for it. It's held on with two setscrews. That problem solved. However, I would like the choke arm to operate from the side as opposed to straight back as would be when operated from a servo inside the fuse. The arm is peened on and appears to have an oval shaped shaft (?). I'd like to replace that arm. Have an email inquiry to support. If all else fails, I guess I could use a flex cable.

Thanks gentlemen for your comments...they were very helpful.

The shaft will be round if you remove the stock arm.

daveopam 08-11-2016 10:46 AM

I used the Great plains adjustable mount but cut the center out for carb clearance and used it as two pieces. For your choke. Find a place on the mount your can screw a X servo arm. Cut off two of the arms so it's like a V. You can run one rod from the choke arm to the left side of the V. Then run a rod out the bottom to the other side of the V. The bottom of the V will have a screw holding it to the mount where a screw would normally mount it to the output shaft of the servo. It's out the bottom not the side but better than a flex cable IMHO.

David

golf4two 08-13-2016 04:37 PM

David, thanks for the idea. I can think of a couple of ways to make that work.

[email protected] 11-26-2020 10:53 AM

Has anybody thought of the miracle RC engine mount for the dle20ra ? Can’t find the hangar 9 mount anywhere anymore. Thought?