RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/)
-   -   New SV Gassers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/6486808-new-sv-gassers.html)

G MAN 10-13-2007 08:27 PM

New SV Gassers

Hobby City SV 26cc 149.95 SV 50cc 199.95 SV 50cc Twin 295.79 SV 100cc Twin 439.95 I CAN NOT BELEVE THE PRICE

tomyrcmodels 10-13-2007 08:45 PM

RE: New SV Gassers

this price is true . hobby city just onw few dollars on the engines and own few dollars on the freight :)

karolh 10-13-2007 09:01 PM

How about posting a link to their site.

Karol

G MAN 10-13-2007 09:11 PM

www.unitedhobbies.com

wingspan99 10-14-2007 01:15 AM

Wow those prices are crazy-low. You can't even convert a weedie to electronic ignition for that kind of money and you still just have a weedie, not a machined crankcase with nice muffler and large bore carb. I have seen engine prices for scooters dirt cheap, it was only a matter of time I guess before the invasion of the import gassers. -Tom

XJet 10-14-2007 03:45 AM

But have you seen the shipping prices???

Maybe it's just to NZ but they seem to want US$200 to ship the 100cc twin by EMS. Hell, I can get a whole DL50 from Peak (also in China) for $370 *including* the EMS shipping.

I wonder if they're pricing them ultra-low to get buyers then building the rest of their margin into the shipping?

It's not actually *that* expensive to ship out of China -- just look at how DealExtreme manages to ship everthing for *free* to all parts of the world and you'll see what I mean.

G MAN 10-14-2007 08:05 AM

we orded a SV 50cc it cost 48.00 for shiping still that is cheep for a 50cc ($250.00)

karolh 10-14-2007 08:42 AM

Yes, I agree that you get a very nice machined and anodized engine case etc, but do you get any real quality.

Several years ago I bought a sweet looking made in Taiwan purple coloured head glow engine that after the first few engine runs the colour disapeared, followed by it's ability to run consistently. Turned out to be a piece of crap that was just nicely packaged.

Karol

G MAN 10-14-2007 08:53 AM

Karolh you might be right I have a FTL 45cc from them so far so good have 7 flyts on it pritty imprest so far;);)

Jake Ruddy 10-14-2007 09:16 AM

These engines aren't new.. just another name. Compare the picture to the LS Pro and HHT engines :eek:

Will let you do your own research on how powerful the engines are....

closetguy 10-14-2007 12:53 PM

G MAN,keep us informed on what you think of this engine after you get it. i just can't figure out how anyone can produce a engine for 200.00 and make any profit on it and have any quality to it? i tell you now i don't give china engines much of a look but for 200.00 this one got looking.
ENJOY!

fay 10-15-2007 12:43 AM

really keen on SV 50cc Twin Gas Engine CDI 3.13kW.
But I doubt about the performance of this engine. I don't wan't waste money like buying CCRC engine. Batter buy more DL's but on this SV 50cc twin, I can't stop my finger to click 'add to cart'.

Please help me.. anyone has use these?

Thanks
fay

bdelmonte 10-18-2007 08:32 AM

I am considering the purchase of SV 26cc Gas Engine (maybe two, given shipping is $50?) for my Skyshark FW-190. After I am notified that they are in stock at UH/HC, I will update you with a posting at this forum topic.

Can anyone give the me web sites for LS Pro and HHT engines, which I could not easily find using Google?

rgoldy 10-18-2007 08:43 AM

I think this is what you are looking for: http://www.lsproengines.com/lspro_004.htm
Prices are much higher but I have really been burned by the likes of Peak Hobbies that I am VERY reluctant to do business with overseas suppliers again (didn't say never...).

GmanBill 10-18-2007 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: rgoldy

I think this is what you are looking for: http://www.lsproengines.com/lspro_004.htm
Prices are much higher but I have really been burned by the likes of Peak Hobbies that I am VERY reluctant to do business with overseas suppliers again (didn't say never...).

Yeah Rich;
you hit the nail on the head, that is the manufacturer, and if you notice that is a aluminum reedbox, they have a tendency to transfer a lot of heat to the carbs. That is the reason Fox,DA,&3W and most others use nylon.

bdelmonte 10-18-2007 09:08 PM

I took a look at the LS Pro 26 engine, which appears identical to the 26 being sold at United Hobbies/Hobby City.

Does anyone have a web link to HHT engines?

tomyrcmodels 10-18-2007 10:26 PM

HH engine website : http://www.hhengine.com/

grpro001 10-18-2007 10:51 PM

"SV" series engine are all fake.That so low price just make gasoline engine market confusion to reach his evil intentions.That guy just a small broker in Hongkong.Most of Chinese suppliers know his bad conduction and stop supply engines for him.So,he will has no stock of engines to supply wtihin a short time(maybe one week).So kindly hope every consumer make a correct alternative.

XJet 10-19-2007 04:01 AM

ORIGINAL: grpro001

"SV" series engine are all fake.That so low price just make gasoline engine market confusion to reach his evil intentions.That guy just a small broker in Hongkong.Most of Chinese suppliers know his bad conduction and stop supply engines for him.So,he will has no stock of engines to supply wtihin a short time(maybe one week).So kindly hope every consumer make a correct alternative.
Nah, you're kidding.

UH/HC has sure pee'd a lot of people off by selling stuff at cut-throat prices when compared to other retailers and I know that has put immense pressure on some of their suppliers who have threatened to stop supply if they keep undercutting other retailers.

Corona-RC seem to have been one of these who (having entered OEM deals with quite a few distributors) didn't want to see their product being sold by UH/HC at half the price others such as VamPower were charging for them. I gather some of the US OEMs complained to Corona-RC and they complained to UH/HC.

But hey, it's a single world market now and he who has the cheapest prices will always win a good chunk of that market.

Discerning buyers appreciate the difference between *price* and *value* to the extent that even when the same product is being pitched, sometimes the higher price represents the better value.

For example -- if you want a DL50 in the USA, , go to DLUSA.net where you can pick one up for $390. Sure, you might be able to get the same thing *cheaper* from eBay or some other HK-based seller but the *value* you get from DLUSA is much greater because they carry parts, know the product and know the meaning of support and customer-satisfaction.

One only has to check out the vendor forums over at RCG to see that UH/HC has a rather checkered reputation so anyone considering buying one of these SV engines really ought to consider that before laying down their money.

However, I don't believe the claims you've made that they have "evil intentions" :-)

El Chupacabra 10-19-2007 06:26 AM

More SV engines http://svgroup.en.alibaba.com/group/...by_Engine.html

fay 10-19-2007 06:47 AM

I think we batter never discuss political or con and other related.. I'm afraid before we know the performance of the engine this thread was locked.

I know who you are Mr grpro001, and also I'm platinum member of UH... so batter never con people doing business. I only know LHS are cut-throat. I really wana support LHS but then they price are unbelievable. so batter stop here before this thread locked.

So guys.. I really need some input on this gasser..

Thanks in advance.

blw 10-19-2007 02:21 PM

Yes, let's keep this tread going without any of the moderators having to edit or delete things.

pants68 10-20-2007 11:41 AM

Hi

Ive ordered a SV50cc single from united hobbies. I couldnt resist the low price. I have been lookig at the GR pro 50cc is this the same engine??
Also Sv engine is rated at 3.15kw about 4.2hp. Is this an accuarate figure? all other 50cc out there quote 5hp. How can this engine have less power? Same design porting etc?

arobatx 10-22-2007 09:15 AM

It is an LSPro 50-twin from what I can tell.

Chad

GEORGE_32 10-24-2007 09:30 AM

HI I SHOP FROM UNITED HOBBIES....FOR MY TREX ECOPTER ....NOW I MA THINKING TO MOVE ON 160 MODEL AND TO USE A 26CC GAS .....
WHAT IS YOUR OPINION SV OR SPE??? THEY BOTH ARE CHEAP ....BUT WHICH ONE IS BETTER???
WAITING FOR YOUR REPORT WITH YOUR NEW ENGINE..IF ITS RELIABLE ///....WHY NOT AND THE SMALLER ....26CC
:)