RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/)
-   -   Where to Buy Mahle Piston Cylinder Assembly for 4.2 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/9238225-where-buy-mahle-piston-cylinder-assembly-4-2-a.html)

iglowhead 11-08-2009 04:10 PM

Where to Buy Mahle Piston Cylinder Assembly for 4.2

I have a 4.2 c.i. engine with a Mahle cylinder and need a replacement.
Anyone know where I can buy a new piston/cylinder assembly? Even a good used one would do.
I thought a google search would turn a source right up but I have found nothing.
The cylinder currently on the engine had the muffler lugs broken out and
someone tried welding the muffler directly to the cylinder and really made a
mess of it. There are also a lot of cooling fins missing.
Any help will sure be appreciated.

All Day Dan 11-08-2009 05:55 PM

RE: Where to Buy Mahle Piston Cylinder Assembly for 4.2

Try this guy. Dan
[email protected]

Tired Old Man 11-08-2009 08:44 PM

RC Ignition prolly has one laying around his shop.

51-D GUY 11-09-2009 04:25 AM

Hi Iglowhead ,

I would beware of RC Ignition , I sent a 5.8 to him to have a new ignition installed,

I was lucky to get the engine back ! Also he took it upon himself to change parts that i did'nt want changed ,

On top of that , he replaced them with used parts , As well as kept my origional parts ,

Not to mension the return shipping packing was Gatorade bottles & foam peanuts

I was very lucky not to have had broken fins also i was repeatadly lied to for a month , saying he shipped me my engine ,

when he finally did ship it was to a different state than which i live , After nearly three months after i sent it to him, i did finnaly get it back,

I hope you consider these facts before you send him your engine ,

I know it was my first & Last dealing with RC Ignition .

RTK 11-09-2009 04:32 PM

Hmm, I've had just the opposite experience with Rcignitions, they have all been great.

JLB 11-09-2009 04:39 PM

You might also try Taurus Engines as I'm pretty sure he uses Mahle cylinders.

karolh 11-09-2009 08:36 PM

That sure does not sound like the same RC Ignitions that I have been dealing with for the past several years as the quality of his workmanship and customer service has always been excellent.

Karol

buck1856 11-10-2009 12:34 AM

@ iglowhead,look up a chainsaw parts company in texas,called [partstree.com] heres a link.I do conversion engines.

[link=http://www.partstree.com/parts/]partstree[/link]

Antique 11-10-2009 12:59 AM

You conveniently forgot to say I told you the reasons for the delay, and that I told you not to pay me...And you said you would anyway...Which I don't remember receiving ...
and I took a P O S 5.8 A&M Sachs with a Rube Goldberg A&M ignition setup and made a NEW ignition setup using RC EXL EI ignition...
I have shelves full of the old ignition parts, how many do you want ?? the white delrin ring or the nylon ring or the aluminum ring ? The old C&H non EI ignition ? How about the old used spark plug ? How about the old A&M prop hub and stud ?
any of this sound familiar ?????
What USED parts did I put on your engine ????

Anyone else on here that wants to send me an engine, please don't...Been doing this far too long already...[:@]

tkg 11-10-2009 01:00 AM

If its really a 4.2 then it is probably part of a Sachs Dolmar saw or concrete cutter. Sachs Dolmar is now Sachs Makita and you should be able to get parts for it from a good saw shop.
If its really a Mahle cylinder but is not a 4.2 it could be a Partner, Husqvarna or ??? Mahle makes cylinders and pistons for about half the free world 2c engines.

iglowhead 11-10-2009 02:10 AM

Thanks for the input everyone. I emailed Bill at Taurus and he replied right away
letting me know he has the assembly in stock.
Tom

MetallicaJunkie 11-10-2009 03:25 AM

That is the first negative comment i have heard about Cunningham at RC Ignitions ...I sent him a Zenoah 445 twin...he fixed a bent connecting pin that resulted from a prop strike, and rebuilt the carb for a price too low to mention. Its amazing that he fixes engines and ships them back to the customer with a bill, with out asking for a deposit first

karolh 11-10-2009 12:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Antique

Anyone else on here that wants to send me an engine, please don't...Been doing this far too long already...[:@]
See how easy it can be for the good to 'possibly' now have to suffer because of one spoilt apple.

Karol

Bass1 11-10-2009 02:07 PM

No one better as far as engine knowledge and repair than Ralph at RC Ignitions!

RTK 11-10-2009 07:28 PM

I still have your address and phone number Ralph. You can't get off that easy:) My engines will still show up at your door step.

Tired Old Man 11-10-2009 10:22 PM

Better still, I know where Ralph lives;)

karolh 11-11-2009 03:12 PM

For some time now I've been looking for a good reason to take a trip to 'Somewhere' in the USA and maybe I just found one.

Karol

Big_Bird 11-11-2009 05:10 PM

I have had engines repaired by Ralph several times. Every time has been a first class experience. Best in the country.