Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

Waiting for the release

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Bill Vargas
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Waiting for the release

Fair enough. So to answer your questions,,,, why are you even concerned about what the rules committee decided? Or are you just trying to stir the pot?,,,, trying to understand WHY that was put in place,,, is my answer.

Sorry about throwing an empty garbage can down and up against the bulkhead and making some noise,,, thats just me

BV
Old 02-03-2012, 06:28 PM
garys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the board members I've talked to, it was pretty much as I said previously. People were bent out of shape with the introduction of the LS engines. The engine situation had stabilized, and the board was looking to keep it that way. I believe they felt the risk of another manufacturer coming in and disrupting the stability with a faster engine outweighed the risk of pissing people off by turning new manufacturers away. Also keep in mind what DK had stated earlier...this rule has actually been in process and around since before any potential new manufacturers announced they were going to try to enter the market.

Now...regarding the DKT specifically...25k+ with a 7.4x7.7 prop...VERY impressive. That's MUCH stronger than any Nelson I've owned. I'd venture to say many would by buying the DTK's (such as myself), but we'd likely lose some racers that can't or don't want to purchase new engines...much like when the LS's came out. Would that be good for our sport?

That being said, I've purchased some F3D parts from DKT and they are great, as well as their service. I will be buying more from them, and I wish them the best. Like I've said, I don't like the idea of turning any manufacturers away, and would love to see DKT (along with Robbert VanDenBosch's) engines at our races, but I can respect the decision the rules committee has made. I would love to see our AMA events become stronger and have the health to allow the committee to decide that allowing other manufacturers in would be good for the sport.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:10 AM
Scorpion Racing

Thanks for taking the time to explain some of that Dan & Gary, I am sure we all appreciate that. So who are the 4 members of the engine approval sub-committee who approve or disapprove the engines? I have been unable to find a list containing the names of any subcommittees for our organization. Why don't we have a current list of the subcommittees, there member contact information and maybe update the approved and not approved list for Q40 aircraft? It is much easier for a CD to find relevant information if he knows where to look!

Thanks,
Scott Smith
NMPRA 86t
Old 02-06-2012, 07:49 AM
kane

ORIGINAL: Scorpion Racing

Thanks for taking the time to explain some of that Dan & Gary, I am sure we all appreciate that. So who are the 4 members of the engine approval sub-committee who approve or disapprove the engines? I have been unable to find a list containing the names of any subcommittees for our organization. Why don't we have a current list of the subcommittees, there member contact information and maybe update the approved and not approved list for Q40 aircraft? It is much easier for a CD to find relevant information if he knows where to look!

Thanks,
Scott Smith
NMPRA 86t

Scott, right now the approved list for airplanes appears on the NMPRA website. It may not be up to date. Jim Allen is working with the AMA to develop new means of communication with regards to lists and committies as it pertains to AMA rules. This is not complete as of yet but it is in the works and when it is complete, all the necessary information will be available to all.

DK
Old 02-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Scorpion Racing

Thanks Dan, I just finished the NMPRA newsletter and feel like a mind reader! I guess being slightly psychotic (or is is psychic? ) can work in my favor sometimes. I look forward to the updated list and the list of the sub committee members to contact on the AMA website, and the revised Q40 list on the NMPRA site.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Bill Vargas

YO RB, you got mail,,,

BV
Old 02-15-2012, 09:59 AM
djlyon

330 euro for the DKT Q40 motor. That's competitive.

Denis
Old 02-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Bill Vargas

Couple of cool things I found out was that this engine uses a Turbo glow plug and can be run on FAI fuel,,, Turbo plugs of different heat ranges are common at most Hobby shops or on E Bay.

BV