Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

Cliff Telford Scholarship Fund

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 11:22 AM
iamtom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cliff Telford Scholarship Fund

Hello all,
We want to thank all of you for the support you have given to Cliffs Fund. I know he would be proud of us. Last year we raised $4676 with the Raffle and ,as most of you know, this amount was doubled by one special person among us, who will remain nameless. That total donation was$9,352.This effort, that we all share not only helps finance a young engineering student but keeps NMPRA and the racing population on the top of the list with AMA. Nothing but good comes from this. It is time to kick off this years with another raffle and another Ninja ready to fly. Last year Gary Schmidt won the prise and donated the radio back to be used again for this year. This is all new stuff. Scott Causey will be building this years plane. Thanks again goes to Dennis O'Brien of Performance Model Products, CMADRacing.com, Pete Bergstrom and Gary Schmidt for all the stuff in the plane. I started selling tickets at the Classic Q-40 race last weekend at the Basin. These tickets are $20 each and we will sell only 200 between now and Wednesday of the NATS. To get these into your hands I have asked Tom Hegland in California, Dennis O'Brien in Florida, Joe Tropea on the east coast and both Scott Causey and I will all have some on hand. If you would like to mail in your donation send it to me or any of these guys and we will return your stub right away. Other wise we will see you at the races. You need not be present to win. There are other raffles going on for the USA F-3D team so please try to help support these guys out as well. They have all worked hard to get on the team and their personal investment in both time and $$ is substantial. Your donation will help with the travel and accomodations. This trip is all on them.
Best Regards,
Tom, Scott, Dennis, Pete and Gary
Old 05-21-2013, 11:26 AM
iamtom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cliff Telford Scholarship Fund

Hi all,
The NATS is getting closer and the sales of raffle tickets has been very slow. I know the F3D Team needs our support as well but please do not forget about the impact our efforts have with the future of our AMA youth. There are a few people out there with tickets. I have a bunch after having the second 100 printed. Tom Hegland in Ca. has some, Scott Causey, Dennis O'Brien, Joe Tropea and Mike Helsel all have tickets available. Please help us reach our goal of 200 tickets sold this year. If we all wait till the NATS this will not work. Again the prise is a totally complete Ninja decorated with 426 engine Radio and all the good stuff that make this a great prize. If you what tickets but will not see any of the above listed Please contact me and I will gladly send them to you.If you want a deal I will consider 6 for $100. Please help us make this happen for 2013.
Tom, Scott, Pete, Dennis, Gary and Mike.