Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

Quarter midget project

Old 10-22-2017, 02:35 PM
308jockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quarter midget project

Afternoon everyone,

I may have mentioned this earlier but I acquired a Quarter Midget kit earlier this year and finally am having time to build it. It's a West Coast R/C Miss RJ Mustang. The price list is dated 1974 and so is the newspaper used to wrap many of the parts in the box. It has a glass fuse and foam core wings and appears complete. Doesn't look to be all that difficult a build and I'm looking forward to it. The problem is, I don't have any high performance engines in this size. I don't even think there is a class for this airplane any longer and frankly I can't find any racing at all within 3 hours of home. The goal here is to find a good QM engine for this plane so I can take it out once in a while and have some fun with it. Has anyone got such available or know where I can find one? Is there an engine being made that will fly this plane? Thanks.

Rick H.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:10 PM
aspeed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A Magnum or ASP .15 is pretty much the same performance as an old Rossi for about $55. A Profi or Fora has no throttle but goes pretty good for like $300. The club rules may have ideas of their own if you can find one.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:52 AM
GREG DOE

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Rick, I might be able to help you out with a .15 engine. Give me a call. 615-459-6845 or 615-848-8553. Greg
Old 12-01-2017, 06:15 AM
Dan Vincent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish I had a nickel for all of them I saw with a Supertigre .15 1n the nose.