Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

Q 500 backplate mount

Old 04-11-2022, 12:17 PM
Conrod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Q 500 backplate mount

What integral backplate mount is used on the OS 46AX II motor for quickie racing, or is this motor not used anywhere else except here in NZ and Australia.
I have a mount that fits into the crankcase but the main mounting plate hits on the lower rear cooling fins of the motor before it is seated fully home.
Old 04-11-2022, 01:30 PM
GREG DOE

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Geoff, Both Mike Langlois, and Dub Jett make "stuffer" Quickie 500 backplate mounts for the Thunder Tiger, and Evolution engines. There may be other suppliers who make them as well? I don't know if either will work on the OS 46 AX. Aero Racing Engines site is aeroracingengines.com You can email Michael at [email protected] You have Dub's email address.
Old 04-11-2022, 01:33 PM
GREG DOE

Geoff, In the case of Dub's mount he cuts a clearance slot in it to clear the Evolution cooling fins. I don't know if that relief will accommodate your OS. Of course you could relieve the mount yourself, or just "modify" the cooling fins.
Old 04-11-2022, 04:05 PM
Conrod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Greg
I have filed the fins for now and it just clears.
Geoff
Old 04-11-2022, 04:52 PM
GREG DOE

Perfect!