Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

MSX-R 30cc

Old 02-28-2011, 08:52 AM
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MSX-R 30cc

So things are getting hard to keep straight these days. I have found that two companies (Red Aero RC and Mile High RC) are both selling what appears to be the same plane; the new 30cc MSX-R. I'm wondering if anyone knows what the deal is here. I'd also like to know if anyone has one of the 30cc planes from either of these two companies and can comment. thanks.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MSX-R 30cc

Hi Steve, The MXS-R is an exciting airplane that is well known in the RedBull AirRace circuit. It is based on the MX Aircraft MX2 and MXS.
The RedAero MXS-R is made for us by EG Aircraft and features Titanium turnbuckles, quality ball links, carbon fiber spinner, carbon fiber wing and stab tubes and carbon fiber landing gear. The wing and fuselage are reinforced with carbon fiber rods for added stiffness and strength.
With a 72" wing span the MXS-R is easy to transport and still IMAA legal as it is true 25% or 'quarter scale'. Generous wing area and large control surfaces make for a easy handling airplane that is ready for sport flying or with high rates an exception 3D airplane.
We will offer the 30cc MXS-R in an officially licensed Breitling Nigel Lamb scheme along with striking Matt Hall scheme.

"On the water" now, available soon.

TonyG RedAeroRC
Old 02-28-2011, 07:36 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Steve

As Tony indicated Red Aero offers the EG kit and i think Mile High offers a kit from GoldWing. If you are interested take a look at the build thread i just started on the EG MX2 100CC. it may give some insight to the quality of the EG line of kits.

Rog
Old 03-01-2011, 06:10 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 361 Likes on 290 Posts

Having flown the larger EG kit from Red Arrow, I'd own one in a heart beat. Infact, the 50cc MSX-R is at the top of my "must have next" list.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:54 AM

It is my understanding the MHRC offers the Goldwing MXS and the Peak/SDhobby MXS-R. RedAero is the only importer of the EG MXS-R.