Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Spacewalker Plane (4.2m span)

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 08:27 PM
ryancc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spacewalker Plane (4.2m span)

- Spacewalker 2, half scale copy of full size by Serenity Aviation, 14 foot (4.2m) span
- Aims to be the largest single prop electric RC plane
- Twin electric motors giving 15kw (20hp), with 20Kw peak (motors joined on a single shaft).
- Batteries are Turnigy nano-tech, 3 cell 5000mah and supplied by HobbyKing for this record attempt. There are 24 of them, giving 30amp.hour
- Power safety switch is EMCOTEC 360amp – this allows the safe use of high power electrics and ‘arming’ from a distance.
- Servos are Turnigy HV, 31kg.cm, Titanium, again supplied by HobbyKing
- All the wood was supplied by SLEC, who also did the rib cutting from my electronic drawings.
- All glues have been supplied by Starloc Adhesives, who have helped me with choice.
- The plane uses 2 Spektrum AR9000 receivers, that each control half of the servos (they are not linked in any way and are kept completely separate).
- The receivers and servos are powered from two 3000mah Turnigy 2 cell LiPo’s. The receivers and servos all run directly on 8.4volts with any regulators.
- Estimated final weight approaching 40kg.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:17 AM
adrian-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spacewalker Plane (4.2m span)

absolutely marvelous!!